• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chipperrip

Jan 29, 2019
I invested too much time in Mirrorwatch and now I've been baited into going for the skin. I really don't like this mode, especially the DPS roles.

Level 5 used to be so rare, but after they reduced the score needed for level 5 and reducing the decay, pretty much anyone can reach that level now

Yeah, it's crazy how many toxic rank 5s I've come across.

Also, I'm a hammy main and I have 5 stars, something's not right 😂

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Looks like new survey with new set of skins and themes is out. This is one of them and the only one that leaked so far:

kj6do9e.jpeg

Edit:

C3VFT0S.png

cDChVKt.png

Last edited:

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
Wide groups are so fucked it's unreal lmao. 6 divs apart(D3 and P4 IIRC) and sat in a 21 minute queue to get match. Finish that and the next match is a 16 minute queue. Spent more time in queues than actually playing lol. Outstanding work blizzard

TheChits

Oct 25, 2017
Wide groups are so fucked it's unreal lmao. 6 divs apart(D3 and P4 IIRC) and sat in a 21 minute queue to get match. Finish that and the next match is a 16 minute queue. Spent more time in queues than actually playing lol. Outstanding work blizzard
Yeah with wide grouping having such an impact on queue times for people who were already able to queue together, I"m very curious is they loosen restrictions up at all. Like longer queues at the highest ranks is to be expected but these metal rank players used to playing with their friends suddenly having queue times triple or quadruple what they are used to can't be great for the average player

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Gavin mentioned in Emongg chat that wide mode is internally referred to as the "clown factor" hehe

Last edited:

brooklynb_jp

Jan 8, 2019
Idk what it is about this season, but last season when I lost, most of the time it was fine because everyone seemed like they were trying and that was all I wanted, even if we got rolled.

This season is full of games where players make only the most baffling decisions. They play hamster and do absolutely nothing the entire game. They play Roadhog and exist behind the enemy team, no matter what's happening to their team or the payload. They play Doomfist into Orisa, Sombra, Cassidy (and probably wonder why their team can't do anything). They play Hanzo and die every time the other team dives.

If that was every few games, that's fine. But almost every game...

What happened to the players in my region??? Did season 10 break their brains...

chipperrip

Jan 29, 2019
Done with the Mirrorwatch challenges, now I don't have to play it again. Nice.

I spent 3 hours on that last night and realized halfway through that I forgot to flex, then kept getting DPS after flexing (which I'd already "finished").

I hope they make the skin challenges more enjoyable in the future.

Usually I get tired of the event mode way before the 30-ish games required to hit the skins.

Those Neo-Noir skins look fantastic. I'd main Ana the second they'd release that skin!

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Done all the Mirrorwatch challenges, continuing to play it for dailies because I'm enjoying it more than the main mode. No Hogs or Balls always make for better modes, even if there is Doom.

Ravenwraith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mirror watch is kinda lame for the DPS but fun for support I think

Either way having a smaller pool of heroes is surprisingly enjoyable and they should experiment with stuff like this more. Not having ashe to employ as a clutch and having to brush up on my widow lmao

Tommy Showbiz

Jul 20, 2022
Mirror watch is kinda lame for the DPS but fun for support I think

Either way having a smaller pool of heroes is surprisingly enjoyable and they should experiment with stuff like this more. Not having ashe to employ as a clutch and having to brush up on my widow lmao

Echo is pretty fun, but I agree.

All of the supports are a blast and most of the DPS either don't have enough changes to make it enjoyable (Sombra, Tracer, Widowmaker) or just actively feel worse to play (Bastion).

Zarya's secondary fire might be the most dogshit change they've ever put into the game ever. Its impressive.
- Doesn't do damage
- no knockback
- No hit marks for the few ticks of damage it does do
- delays your ability to use primary fire.
- takes half your ammo.

more concepts

View: https://x.com/OWCavalry/status/1784020380857847885

GMIgqitWAAAX6vQ
GMIeo9oXEAAmhF3

GMId4HiXQAAZRYy

Jesus that noir Reaper skin goes hard

Last edited:

Gambit61

Oct 26, 2017
Idk what it is about this season, but last season when I lost, most of the time it was fine because everyone seemed like they were trying and that was all I wanted, even if we got rolled.

This season is full of games where players make only the most baffling decisions. They play hamster and do absolutely nothing the entire game. They play Roadhog and exist behind the enemy team, no matter what's happening to their team or the payload. They play Doomfist into Orisa, Sombra, Cassidy (and probably wonder why their team can't do anything). They play Hanzo and die every time the other team dives.

If that was every few games, that's fine. But almost every game...

What happened to the players in my region??? Did season 10 break their brains...

So it isn't just me. Every game this week has been terrible with my teammates just completely ignoring the match objective. I had one game yesterday where my tank and DPS kept running past the robot to chase after the enemy DPS. I was the only who attempted to stop the enemy DVA pushing the robot towards the final stretch by herself and the general chat attacked me for being a bad support. I guess I should have just walked past DVA to heal my team who can't kill anything and let the enemy win? 🤷🏾‍♂️

Another match I was playing Ana and slept a nano'd Rein and my team immediately woke him up which allowed him to kill me. I switch to Zen because I could at least defend myself with discord and right click and the other support yells at me for picking Zen against two dive enemies. A minute or two later, the enemy Genji goes nanoblade and I trance which saved the other support and a DPS and the other support is dead quiet even though my Zen just saved him and allowed us to keep pushing the payload to the first point... It seriously feels like there's no winning with these people.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Mirrorwatch Bastion is interesting, but the spread on his gun is so severe he actually can't hit Mercy if she's flying too high, especially when she ults.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
I know OWCS hasn't really been as exciting as OWL overall yet but some matches do pop like this one just did. M80 showed up and really took it to Defiant, like damn. Hawk played some of his best ever and I'll always stan Happy & love to see him feast. Congrats to them.

Also the music choices during breaks be slappin.

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
Even though corpse explosion is insanely OP, it's crazy how much better it feels to play against Mercy without having to worry about rez

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I really like Bastion in Mirrorwatch. I just go forward destroying everyone. So much better than his pea shooter. Wish this was his primary in recon mode.

Gambit61

Oct 26, 2017
😭Finally had some good matches today. It's a different game when you get teammates that know what they're doing.
Also noticing a pattern that people that are quickest to complain are oblivious to what's even happening in the match 🤭

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Yeah, if there is ever going to be a Mercy rework in the future, I hope rez is gone. Nothing feels more frustrating than having your hard earned kill getting canceled by her.
It's not really much different and more problematic than things like LW's pull or Suzu, and it's on double the cooldown of the two. There are ways to counter Rez, pull and Suzu for example can't be countered.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
It's not really much different and more problematic than things like LW's pull or Suzu, and it's on double the cooldown of the two. There are ways to counter Rez, pull and Suzu for example can't be countered.
Rez maybe isn't as bad as Suzu but it's way more annoying than pull. Hard to counter unless you stun her out of it or kill her instantly plus she can rez behind walls which shouldn't be possible imo

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017

Resurrect has far higher value than Life Grip or Protection Suzu. The latter pair can prevent a kill, without restoring much health. Resurrect undoes a kill and restores all of their health. No other standard ability in the game can turn a fight on its head to the extent Resurrect does.

I don't mind Resurrect existing, but I do think they should reconsider the mechanics around how she channels the ability and how it can be prevented. Right now you can do it around corners, she can move significantly, doesn't have to maintain LoS and can be protected by teammates' abilities (like bubble). It's almost nearly impossible to prevent her from doing it while she's ulting.

I think part of the issue is how binary it is. Too much rests on interrupting her in that short window: it's the difference between being in a 5v4 that you're comfortably winning to being in a 5v5 where you're very likely to lose. The revived character having full health is something they should look at I think, perhaps with the amount of health depending on how long Mercy channels the ability. I'd also be interested in seeing how it would feel if you could interrupt the process by damaging the glowing orb of the resurrecting player rather than having to desperately trying and kill/knock-back/interrupt a tiny fast moving character.

Oct 25, 2017
I actually don't mind res, except they should nerf it so that mercy can't fly around while doing it... I think that part is broken. Mercy should basically always die if she is ressing out in the open. If they nerf res they can buff her a little bit somewhere else I guess. Maybe even a longer cast time based on the target's total health, to make ressing tanks harder.

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
I dont really care about the balance of it overall, just feels like shit to have to guard a body for 6-12s instead of actually being able to go play the game. At high skill levels people just passively understand how to deny rez and cheeky revives get a lot more rare(and even if they happen, the focus fire on the newly revived player is usually decent enough) but at lower skill levels people have no object permanance of where people died or where the mercy is at and it just ends up being a miserable slog where you have to kill the tank twice per fight way too often

even if they just added a way for your own mercy to deny a rez(maybe they can use rez on an enemy soul and have the CD shorter?) would be a huge benefit and add some counterplay beyond just afking on a corpse

Ravenwraith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't like res as a concept but I don't think they could get away with it being even worse than it already is. Like yeah res is annoying in low rank and pub lobbies but it kind of goes away completely as an issue the higher up you play. People either start focusing Mercy earlier in the fight or calling out where she is

But yeah a lot of people don't have that level of coordination in their game usually through no fault of their own, so I could see the case for reworking it or exchanging it for something else.

They just need to draw a line in the sand wrt whether they want that type of value denial in the game. I was only okay with it back when I took Overwatch less serious as a game. As blizzard took game intergrity more seriously it always felt like one of those things that's hard to truly balance.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I don't like res as a concept but I don't think they could get away with it being even worse than it already is. Like yeah res is annoying in low rank and pub lobbies but it kind of goes away completely as an issue the higher up you play. People either start focusing Mercy earlier in the fight or calling out where she is

But yeah a lot of people don't have that level of coordination in their game usually through no fault of their own, so I could see the case for reworking it or exchanging it for something else.

They just need to draw a line in the sand wrt whether they want that type of value denial in the game. I was only okay with it back when I took Overwatch less serious as a game. As blizzard took game intergrity more seriously it always felt like one of those things that's hard to truly balance.
It usually needs to be paired with another ability like Immortality, Suzu, Bubble... etc. in higher ranks for it to work. Free rezzes are very, very rare. And that's one of many reasons why Mercy is bad.

Ravenwraith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It usually needs to be paired with another ability like Immortality, Suzu, Bubble... etc. in higher ranks for it to work. Free rezzes are very, very rare. And that's one of many reasons why Mercy is bad.
Thats another thing, it might benefit Mercy long term too to just have a more flexible ability lmao

TheChits

Oct 25, 2017
I know OWCS hasn't really been as exciting as OWL overall yet but some matches do pop like this one just did. M80 showed up and really took it to Defiant, like damn. Hawk played some of his best ever and I'll always stan Happy & love to see him feast. Congrats to them.

Also the music choices during breaks be slappin.
Yeah it was a great day of matches yesterday. Also very satisfying to watch a clutch Lucio rollout with a last second beat to save their Rammatra

View: https://twitter.com/ObsSojourn/status/1784320349498417539

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Mirrorwatch… I've never seen a mode where people can survive so long or at low health. The fights end with one of us stupidly outlasting our normal health.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, okay, the game keeps giving me DPS in mirrorwatch so let's try Widowmaker...

I am such trash as this character, went from the echo carry to the dead weight widow in two matches lol.
I don't even begin to know how people use her effectively on a controller

bananas

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, okay, the game keeps giving me DPS in mirrorwatch so let's try Widowmaker...

I am such trash as this character, went from the echo carry to the dead weight widow in two matches lol.
I don't even begin to know how people use her effectively on a controller
Lead your shots, use your movement for fine aiming as well, let them move into your reticle not the other way around, etc, etc.