Cockmagic

Oct 30, 2017
You know, I should be honored when the DPS switch to both bastion and reaper when I'm Winston

It's how you know they're legit shook, that 2 down flashpoint comeback, mmmhmmm

I mean, not really. Winston's bubble is legit annoying for me when I play Ashe (most of the time). Has nothing to do with the player but the character's abilities.

Oct 25, 2017
image.png

For steam numbers OW2 has higher average users in April than ever before. https://steamdb.info/app/2357570/charts/ (you have to log in to see average player count). Maybe thread worthy (if someone else wants to).

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Rein ultimate should be him tossing his hammer and grabbing 2 people close by with his bare hand and bash their heads.

Last edited:

Nixius

Feb 20, 2024
Just had 3 toxic trios in QP calling me out on VC despite them being terrible, this community is sometimes so bad.

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
Just had 3 toxic trios in QP calling me out on VC despite them being terrible, this community is sometimes so bad.

Jeez, that's bad luck. It's weird but it feels like the community gets more toxic as the season gets further in. Lately I've been seeing a lot of keyboard warriors who get toxic in team chat while still being in VC. It's funny/sad to me when someone wants to be toxic but doesn't have the confidence to do it in person.

Most amusing recently was a game where I got tank, called out "watch out, I think Orisa has ulti". Our Reaper, who was in VC and heard me, wraith formed in, got Orisa ultied and didn't have wraith to get away so he died, and then said in text chat "i'm so tired of gamer girls." he'd been fine speaking in VC up until that point but suddenly his throat was broken it seems. like ???? I don't think me being a boy would have saved you from that dude 😂

Reminds me, there was also a match against a Doomfist who talked a LOT of shit and was like "lol can't beat me even with counterpicks" and just constantly typed stuff like ? and "god match so e z" then I went Sigma and ruined his life, and he tried out 6 different tanks and was useless on all of them, never typed another peep, and then left 20s before the match ended. I don't know i've ever experienced more catharsis in a game before.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
This may sound silly, but has Overwatch always sent emails with your weekly usage breakdown? I was cleaning out some of my junk folders and found one from this past week noting my rampage with post nerf Venture and it took a while to realize this was an official email.

Nixius

Feb 20, 2024
Jeez, that's bad luck. It's weird but it feels like the community gets more toxic as the season gets further in. Lately I've been seeing a lot of keyboard warriors who get toxic in team chat while still being in VC. It's funny/sad to me when someone wants to be toxic but doesn't have the confidence to do it in person.

Most amusing recently was a game where I got tank, called out "watch out, I think Orisa has ulti". Our Reaper, who was in VC and heard me, wraith formed in, got Orisa ultied and didn't have wraith to get away so he died, and then said in text chat "i'm so tired of gamer girls." he'd been fine speaking in VC up until that point but suddenly his throat was broken it seems. like ???? I don't think me being a boy would have saved you from that dude 😂

Reminds me, there was also a match against a Doomfist who talked a LOT of shit and was like "lol can't beat me even with counterpicks" and just constantly typed stuff like ? and "god match so e z" then I went Sigma and ruined his life, and he tried out 6 different tanks and was useless on all of them, never typed another peep, and then left 20s before the match ended. I don't know i've ever experienced more catharsis in a game before.
Oof seems like you've had a way worse experience than me.

Oct 25, 2017
Overwatch should have a fallout crossover. Fallout 76.. soldier 76... match made in heaven.

Power armor, vault suits, raider cosmetics, super mutant cosmetics...

This may sound silly, but has Overwatch always sent emails with your weekly usage breakdown? I was cleaning out some of my junk folders and found one from this past week noting my rampage with post nerf Venture and it took a while to realize this was an official email.

I notice them occasionally.

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
Unrelated but what's the go-to Mauga counter? Is it still Orisa even after the nerfs? I've been playing more tank and encountered a few Maugas who have been brutal. Feels like my default of Winston isn't great against him since he insta-melts my shield.

Oof seems like you've had a way worse experience than me.

Oh it's not been too bad at all, more amusing than bad these days. I just like complaining!

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Unrelated but what's the go-to Mauga counter? Is it still Orisa even after the nerfs? I've been playing more tank and encountered a few Maugas who have been brutal. Feels like my default of Winston isn't great against him since he insta-melts my shield.

Oh it's not been too bad at all, more amusing than bad these days. I just like complaining!

It was never really Orisa and is much more Sigma. Get right in his face with absorb whenever he pops the healng

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
It was never really Orisa and is much more Sigma. Get right in his face with absorb whenever he pops the healng

Ohh. I probably need to get better at him. Sigma is weird for me where I either feel useless or like a god. Like if they blow up my shield (which seems easy to do) then i'm a sitting duck and feel like tissue paper. There's probably a lot of strategy with him about how to play cover and distance that i'm not great at yet.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017

Never saw one. Prob in my spam box lol

ProjectPick

Oct 26, 2017
Ohh. I probably need to get better at him. Sigma is weird for me where I either feel useless or like a god. Like if they blow up my shield (which seems easy to do) then i'm a sitting duck and feel like tissue paper. There's probably a lot of strategy with him about how to play cover and distance that i'm not great at yet.

I feel this with Sigma. I also think he is very boring to play.

What helped me with Sig though was shield management. Making sure I'm recalling shield to recharge when I back up to cover. And then learning to use shield behind enemy tank to cut off heals.

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
I feel this with Sigma. I also think he is very boring to play.

What helped me with Sig though was shield management. Making sure I'm recalling shield to recharge when I back up to cover. And then learning to use shield behind enemy tank to cut off heals.

I started looking around at tips and a big one I never thought of is to not just randomly use the shield. I'd always throw it out and it'd get destroyed for no real gain, especially when my healers are alive and me face tanking damage isn't a problem.

Instead I should be smarter about it and use it to strategically, especially since you can make it go pretty far and block off parts of the fight area. I wasn't gaining anything by just always using it to block damage with nothing gained.

cosi

Jun 9, 2023
Give Rein arms like Dhalism from Street Fighter where he can stretch his arms out to hold his shield at a long range. Or use it to shield bash people.

Last edited:

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Give Rein arms like Dhalism from Street Fighter where he can stretch his arms out to hold his shield at a long range. Or use it to shield bash people.
He uses his elongated limbs to place the shield behind his foes, then recalls it, dragging them back like a net into his loving hammer embrace

ProjectPick

Oct 26, 2017
sigma is not boring, you take that back right now 😠

i love that he always has a tool available to say 'no u' when the enemy tries to do something and i love that he just floats menacingly at people while scowling

LMAO. I will not!

TBF I'm a hyper aggressive player on tank and DPS. I take my job as a space creator seriously. I'd rather take space than hold it.

Sitting on a corner alternating abilities is a snooze fest for me.

That said someday I'll have a Sigma arc where I learn to play him aggressively.

Right now I'm on a Winton and Echo bender. Sticking someone with a full volley of boogers when they try to run is so damn fun.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Forget all that, I just want Rein's pin to actually fucking work lol.

It's disgraceful how often people get booped away from DIRECT hits with his charge. They should give it a vacuum effect, if anything. Mfer is risking his whole existence to get that pin, which in many cases won't even kill the enemy.

ProjectPick

Oct 26, 2017
Forget all that, I just want Rein's pin to actually fucking work lol.

It's disgraceful how often people get booped away from DIRECT hits with his charge. They should give it a vacuum effect, if anything. Mfer is risking his whole existence to get that pin, which in many cases won't even kill the enemy.

When I Rein. Pin is so broken it never gets anyone. When enemy Reins. Pin is so broken it hoovers me across the map.

Rein pin is superior on red team I'm convinced

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
looks like no one wants tank role in Mirrorwatch anymore. i got it 3 times in a role.

edit: won all 3 games. i swapped between all 3 types. getting better with Rein and Doom. i much prefer these variants of them over normal versions.

bought the Tracer/Zarya bundle. I like the Tracer one and Zarya i just needed some variety.

Last edited:

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
I could have sworn I read something about Rein's pin acting differently per shoulder. Like one shoulder is the one you want to aim for hitting with because it will suck them in reliably, where the other will bounce them off reliably.

ProjectPick

Oct 26, 2017
The left shoulder versus right shoulder thing has been proven incorrect or at least changed in OW2. Though there is a slight but more hitbox volume for boop on his right. We know this thanks to workshops codes now.

It was definitely a thing that was passed around as a truth in OW1. I believe it was Flats that really popularized it as gospel.

The reality is charge uses LOS checks for pin, hit boxes for boop. Combine it with latency, hitboxes for character not always matching visuals and you wind up here.

gfbandito

One Winged Slayer
Apr 5, 2020
I knew I should have stopped playing after ranking up on a win streak, but here I am losing 67 percent of a rank thanks to modifiers cause both my DPS were too scared and stupid to figure out how to deal with Tracer.