• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
That time of year again where I begrudgingly equip Jazzy.

Calibro

Oct 27, 2017
Belarus
Your mandatory reminder that Blizzard needs to be cancelled for supporting the oppressive and genocidal chinese government.
0*Q9XCXY00P1TcHWKy.jpg

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
I love that Overwatch's birthday window is also mine! 💕

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
But my Jazz music! I can't heal proper without it! Plus I like his hair better than the rest.
The afro is cool, but I like the more "realistic" looking dreads on Capoeira. My dream hairstyle right there.

And again, is the fact that I think Capoeira's entire outfit is dope, not just the top half lol.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm waiting for an Overwatch sale on PSN. Chances that this happens tomorrow?

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
Really, really, don't like Dragoon Mercy. Looks more like a crocodile armor and her head is just weird.

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
Ashe looks so much like Ciri for some reason with that skin.
I'm probably just gonna grab the Doomfist anniversary skin finally with my coins.

I wish someone other than Mercy got a new skin. She's got enough already!

Yeah, some of the newer characters barely have any.

Also whoever designs Zen's skins needs a raise. No other character has had so consistently amazing skins.

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
That Zen skin looks exactly like what the Zandalari Trolls wear, same exact art style. Smart way to re-use assets

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Do you chance your outfit based on the event? Lol.

That's fun. Might try that.
I actually change all of Lucio's cosmetics to match the appropriate holiday; gotta get in the spirit! My skin routine:

Summer Games: Striker only
Anniversary: A mix between Jazzy and Bit-Rate
Halloween: Was Philadelphia Fusion's skin until Gorgon dropped.
Winter Wonderland: Andes and Arctic Fox
Lunar New Year: Vermelho until Samul Nori dropped.
Archives: Equalizer

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
How is OW now days?

Still cauldron of pure human toxicity and bile where you get yelled at by 9 year olds how they will fuck your mom and you need to go kill yourself because you didn't do MLGpro720NoSc0pe play?

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
How is OW now days?

Still cauldron of pure human toxicity and bile where you get yelled at by 9 year olds how they will fuck your mom and you need to go kill yourself because you didn't do MLGpro720NoSc0pe play?
Overwatch's toxicity is generally different. People are desperate to find reasons why the match isn't working out (it's never their fault, of course) and blame whoever they think is the problem, and a lot of times it's passive-aggressive bullshit. Targets can be random too: DPS being blamed when the tanks aren't pushing correctly, supports being blamed when the DPS are overextending, etc.

However, I think the nature of the game's appeal and knowledge of its toxicity tempers it compared to shit like Rainbow Six. Most of the time chat is either useless banter, terrified shouts, actual callouts, or some mix of. I feel comfortable to a degree talking.