• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
screenshot-overwatchlsaq8a.png

What Is Overwatch League // The Overwatch League, the first major global esports league with city-based teams, was designed to celebrate the best of the best in the hit Blizzard Entertainment title Overwatch. Our goal is to create the world's premier esports league, where teams and players thrive for years to come.

PRESEASON
Dec. 6 – 9, 2017 // The preseason kicks off with a series of livestreamed exhibition matches featuring all 12 teams at the Blizzard Arena Los Angeles on December 6–9. After that, teams will have until Opening Day on January 10 to prepare themselves for competition.

REGULAR SEASON
Jan. 10 – June 16, 2018 // Matches in the Atlantic and Pacific Divisions will play out live from the Blizzard Arena each Wednesday through Saturday. Though the season is divided into four stages, wins and losses will count towards teams' full-season records and all-important seeding for the postseason. On the last Saturday of each stage, the top teams will compete for hefty bonuses and the title of stage winner.

POSTSEASON
June 17 – July 28, 2018 // After Stage 4 finishes, top finishers in each division will prepare for the championship playoffs, which run from July 11–22. The grand final on July 26–28 will determine which team will be crowned the first Overwatch League champions, claiming glory, the Overwatch League trophy, and a USD $1 million bonus.

ALL-STAR WEEKEND
Aug. 10 – 12, 2018 // After the rush of the inaugural season championship, the Overwatch League will kick back for a weekend of festivities as the community's favorite players face off in unexpected challenges.

Meet The Team
bu0wuh1.png

dragonsidusc.png

dynasty5aueb.png

excelsiorsewu79.png

fuel8hu6l.png

fusion7bus6.png

gladiators4tus1.png

mayhem5buzt.png

outlawsr4um9.png

shockz3skq.png

spitfireqkssr.png

valiantb9s56.png

Where To Watch // Blizzard hasn't made any announcements on what platform(s) the event will be broadcasted other than from the official website - http://www.overwatchleague.com. If anything changes i'll update this section.

UPDATE 1/9/18 - Twitch announced a 2 year partnership to stream Season 1 and 2 of Overwatch League. More information can be found here. https://blog.twitch.tv/every-overwatch-league-match-is-coming-to-twitch-7dce3cf2b875

What If I Missed The Livestream // The matches will be archived on the official website. You'll find it under the video section and each match are broken down by games. http://www.overwatchleague.com

Download The App // Blizzard released their official Overwatch League App. Very similar to what you see for espn and the like, the app provides you to check on your favorite teams, get live content such as such as scores and news. Set alerts and notification of when games go lives. You can also live stream, view VODS, and much more. Check out the app today!

ios: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/overwatch-league/id1244902791?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=4
android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blizzard.owl

Place Your Bets // Not really. Just for fun. Sign up and join the league. Pick the team and score. See how you stack up with other people in the group! https://highnoonpickem.com/#/ViewLeague/kUvHw6fswm6wEqXfOVpu (Thanks TWrecks310 )

How To Support Your Favorite Team // In the near future blizBliz will update to allow us to purchase OWL skins which uses a different currency than the in-game one (aka real money). This will allow the money to go straight to your team. You can also buy physical gears from the official blizzard store - https://gear.blizzard.com/us/esports/overwatchleague

UPDATE 1/9/18 - Overwatch League Skins are live on PC/PS4/XB1.

100 Tokens = USD $4.99

200 Tokens = USD $9.99

400 Tokens = USD $19.99

900 Tokens = USD $39.99

2600 Tokens = USD $99.99

Last edited:
OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017

Stage 1 Week 5

Wednesday (February 7)

Shanghai Dragons vs Dallas Fuel // Game 1 Eichenwalde// Game 2 Horizon Lunar Colony // Game 3 Oasis // Game 4 Dorado
San Francisco Shock vs Los Angeles Gladiators // Game 1 Numbani// Game 2 Horizon Lunar Colony // Game 3 Oasis // Game 4 Junkertown
Los Angeles Valiant vs Seoul Dynasty // Game 1 Eichenwalde// Game 2 Temple of Anubis // Game 3 Oasis // Game 4 Dorado

Thursday (February 8)

Philadelphia Fusion vs Boston Uprising // Game 1 Eichenwalde// Game 2 Horizon Lunar Colony // Game 3 Ilios // Game 4 Junkertown
Florida Mayhem vs New York Excelsior // Game 1 Eichenwalde // Game 2 Horizon Lunary Colony // Game 3 Ilios // Game 4 Junkertown
London Spitfire vs Houston Outlaws // Game 1 Eichenwalde // Game 2 Temple of Anubis // Game 3 Oasis// Game 4 Dorado

Friday (February 9)

Los Angeles Gladiators vs Dallas Fuel // Game 1 Eichenwalde // Game 2 Temple of Anubis // Game 3 Oasis // Game 4 Dorado
Seoul Dynasty vs San Francisco Shock // Game 1 Eichenwalde // Game 2 Temple of Anubis // Game 3 Ilios // Game 4 Dorado
Los Angeles Valiant vs Shanghai Dragons // Game 1 Numbani // Game 2 Temple of Anubis // Game 3 Ilios // Game 4 Junkertown

Saturday (February 10)

New York Excelsior vs London Spitfire // Game 1 Eichenwalde // Game 2 Temple of Anubis // Game 3 Ilios // Game 4 Dorado
Houston Outlaws vs Boston Uprising // Game 1 Eichenwalde // Game 2 Temple of Anubis // Game 3 Ilios // Game 4 Dorado
Florida Mayhem vs Philadelphia Fusion // Game 1 Numbani // Game 2 Horizon Lunar Colony // Game 3 Oasis // Game 4 Junkertown

Click the link to see the local times when the games go live https://overwatchleague.com/en-us/schedule

Last edited:

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Looking forward to checking in with this thread later this week. Watched!

Is it safe to assume that the Gladiators are the ERA home team, if for no other reason than the color-scheme?

Syf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Who would've thought when they first announced it would be 2018 before the first season started. Hyped anyway, even though I hardly play anymore I've enjoyed watching it since the last UI updates. Hope things go well.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will this be shown on Twitch? And are there any loot rewards for watching with an account linked?

I think I read somewhere that they were considering giving tokens for purchasing those team skins based on how much you watched the matches.

Wimps

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome. Haven't really seen any competitive over watch since the World Cup finals.

Who are the teams to look out for?

Kayo Police

Nov 4, 2017
Also rooting for the Dallas Fuel because the Cowboys, Mavericks, Stars, Rangers and FC Dallas are all American's team.

Shoon

Dec 25, 2017
Pumped to start watching this, but know absolutely nothing about the teams. Looking forward to learning!

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm so conflicted because Seagull is my favourite Overwatch player but Taimou is my least favourite. Still rooting for Dallas for Seagull I guess...

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
inb4 they throw with torb on numbani again and let Dynasty show them how to really play him.

also i see Fuel's first map is Junkertown. please tell me this was Seagull's idea so they do the pirate ship and him playing junk

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so conflicted because Seagull is my favourite Overwatch player but Taimou is my least favourite. Still rooting for Dallas for Seagull I guess...

xQc's personality is horrid but Dallas Fuel is still my meme stream dream team. Gotta support Seagull who was pretty much the first big OW streamer. Effect and HarryHook are dope too.

I know Seoul is gonna win but I would love to see Fuel have some success.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
xQc's personality is horrid but Dallas Fuel is still my meme stream dream team. Gotta support Seagull who was pretty much the first big OW streamer. Effect and HarryHook are dope too.

I know Seoul is gonna win but I would love to see Fuel have some success.
1.5-3
they gonna do this!

N3WTYPE

Oct 27, 2017
Fissure the most handsome, best main tank, greatest in the world. who is better than fissure? nobody.

Awesome. Haven't really seen any competitive over watch since the World Cup finals.

Who are the teams to look out for?

Dynasty, Spitfire and NYXL

Basically the korean rosters EZ

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Is this only streaming exclusive MGL platform or have they decided to add Twitch?

I would seriously appreciate in teh OP if you could explain "how to watch Overwatch" with the newest spectator features.
is there something im missing but spectator feature? the only option we have is viewing the matches. the broadcasters will have the new tools to make it more watchable.

Fissure the most handsome, best main tank, greatest in the world. who is better than fissure? nobody.

Dynasty, Spitfire and NYXL

Basically the korean rosters EZ

optimus8936

Oct 25, 2017
1. Seoul
2. Dallas
3. New York
4. London
5. Houston
6. LAV
7. LAG
8. Philly
9. Boston
10. San Fran
11. Florida
12. Shanghai

EZ Clap

1-4 could go any way, 5-7 could go any way, 8-11 could go any way, Shanghai are trash.

optimus8936

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be rooting for the Dallas Fuel and LA Gladiators.

I love all the players on Dallas and think they're all cool people.

I only need 1 reason to root for the Gladiators

Kayo Police

Nov 4, 2017
In regards to the FPS spectate issue, alot of my friends that watch stuff like LoL and Dota have repeatedly told me Overewatch would be much more enjoyable to watch if they use 3rd person view more and stop "twitch" switching between 1st person views.

I agree with them for the most part, I absolutely hate most of the camera work I've seen in the tournies so far. They either stick with one player for far too long or they're scrambling between 1st person views.

I've lost count of how many times we missed a massive tank play etc because they thought watching a Pharah vs Pharah poking each other while being pocketed by Mercy was more entertaining.

They only have one American player. . .

That does not matter my friend, if you play for a Dallas team that makes you an honorary American, all the world's best sport franchises and players are in Dallas. https://www./proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FCU81aPz.png&hash=bde69388deac422b8ec89e37e020754f

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty hyped for Wednesday. Betraying my country and rooting for Dynasty. Valiant would be my second choice.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
just blessed the thread with content. if there's anything that's missing or need to be added feel free to @ me. if there's an error or spelling/grammar issues then don't @ me. carry on.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Go Outlaws and Dynasty!

Grew up in Houston and have lived in Korea the past 4 years. Saw a commercial on TV for the league here a few days ago.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I mean, I'll watch it, but real dissapointed so far in how this came together. Only room for improvement though.

mr lurtle

Oct 27, 2017
The matches are all in the middle of the night for me, so there is no chance to watch them live. Are the matches only archived on the official website?

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Don't forget to download the app, if you like it. Can watch the stream through the app and has the complete schedule, allows you to activate alerts and generale news/information.

Feels a bit bad that it's so focused on NA, as all matches except for 2 are in the middle in the night of EU. Won't be able to watch alot due to this. Anyone know if they'll come with highlight videos or recaps from matches?

EDIT: Also, does anyone know if they have plans for a spoilerfree experience? It kinda sucks not knowing the score, but still being able to tell who won due to the number of available videos in a match.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So hyped. Hope for some surprises. Outlaws would be quite the surprise if they do well