OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
The reason for Wrecking Ball fighting is for the thrill of it. And survival.

What a thrill....

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Couple concept art pieces:

p9eMHku.png

iv02spd.png

jcGYPs9.png

AXOnE6j.png

aafURyP.png

TwoCoins

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Houston Tx
Wrecking Ball's gameplay is brilliant, he's a high mobility high skill hitscan off-tank. What's not to like

He's basically a tank without a taunt ability without the actual losing control of your character when he "taunts" you. Basically if you land in a group of 6 you get total 1300 health with his adaptive shield... You can't just ignore him and really need to focus him... so in theory he's actually a pretty good bullet sponge type of tank.... he can then use the grappling hook to make his escape...while getting giant health packs around the map.... Sombra can be his biggest threat as when he's hacked his biggest mobility tool is gone.. Ironically tho Sombra is also one of his best teammates synergy wise, when the health packs are hacked as he can get to them faster than any hero and disrupt more than Winston ever could.

He's a really good hero but feels very balanced... CC however is his biggest weaknesses.

I say in order of his worst counters are as follow.

S Tier. Sombra and Doomfist.
A Tier. Mcree, Hanzo, Brig, Bastion,
B Tier. Mei, Symettra, Ana and Zenyatta.
C Tier. Reaper, Junk Rat probably.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
There's a spray of both Winston and Hammond together as friends. PTR event with all costumes and emotes goes live after this livestream I believe.

Wrecking Ball doesn't really connect with Junkrat and Roadhog but he is really good friends with Winston. Interesting voice lines.

Progression content goes live at 3PM.
Couple concept art pieces:

p9eMHku.png
Those two girls in the top right lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Junkrat is a HUGE fan of Wrecking Ball.

Apparently in the reveal info for Wrecking Ball you can see Junkrat cheering in the arena.

Oh shoot people are asking which ships are real lol.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
There's a spray of both Winston and Hammond together as friends. PTR event with all costumes and emotes goes live after this livestream I believe.

Wrecking Ball doesn't really connect with Junkrat and Roadhog but he is really good friends with Winston. Interesting voice lines.

That one girl in the top right lol.

Yeah some of those are Megaman looking, really odd. I do love #2 though.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Man people REALLY want Reaper76 and WidowTracer to be a thing in the comments.

I uh....oh well.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017

Those two girls in the top right lol.

Chat was all over 4

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
He's basically a tank without a taunt ability without the actual losing control of your character when he "taunts" you. Basically if you land in a group of 6 you get total 1300 health with his adaptive shield... You can't just ignore him and really need to focus him... so in theory he's actually a pretty good bullet sponge type of tank.... he can then use the grappling hook to make his escape...while getting giant health packs around the map.... Sombra can be his biggest threat as when he's hacked his biggest mobility tool is gone.. Ironically tho Sombra is also one of his best teammates synergy wise, when the health packs are hacked as he can get to them faster than any hero and disrupt more than Winston ever could.

He's a really good hero but feels very balanced... CC however is his biggest weaknesses.

I say in order of his worst counters are as follow.

S Tier. Sombra and Doomfist.
A Tier. Mcree, Hanzo, Brig, Bastion,
B Tier. Mei, Symettra, Ana and Zenyatta.
C Tier. Reaper, Junk Rat probably.

Just double checking...you're agreeing with me, right? lol

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Disappointed in his legendaries. I mean, the Junker one is great and fits his origin story and I like it, but his Horizon one is just boring, it's too similar to his default skin and just looks a different colour/decal. I mean, I guess Hammond himself gets a little outfit so that is something?

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Thanks for the title update mods!

Oh my gosh his Winston friends spray is so adorable! And his Evolution spray solves a question I had about Hammond.

And the banana spray having Hammond's name on it is such a troll move from Blizzard lol.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I was not prepared for Hammond's D.va victory pose.
5rvsBFtgFKyMyhBHuceuEs6JHbBe5DZGanb5oVMU1Ys.jpg

It's sooo goood.

I feel like Blizz is firing on all cylinders in terms of creativity right now. Knockin' it all outta the park.

NeoRaider

Banned
Feb 7, 2018
His Junker skins are nice. The rest is just huge meh.
But he has some nice items. But i am disappointed with his skins.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I was not prepared for Hammond's D.va victory pose.
5rvsBFtgFKyMyhBHuceuEs6JHbBe5DZGanb5oVMU1Ys.jpg

It's sooo goood.

I feel like Blizz is firing on all cylinders in terms of creativity right now. Knockin' it all outta the park.
You can tell they really love that hamster. All animations are just top tier.

This pose is just the icing on the cake

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
does anyone else think that hammond got a little bit of extra attention to his details? in animation, model, expression. compared to brigitte (which i personally think is lacking in little unique touches, she feels like she's had less time being designed and tinkered with visually), hammond feels more first-gen overwatch hero, very fleshed out. i love how he has individual buttons for every ability. and he has an animation when he presses it to activate them. he even has a screen in front that displays the voice wavelength. and he is just too adorable. i'm afraid i've grown too attach to it now! we neeeeeed a short on this dude
Brigitte has an air of less care about her little touches, for example her character selection animation implicitly references her shaking her ponytail - in skins without the ponytail the animation looks really stupid

aBIGeye

Nov 2, 2017
Brigitte has an air of less care about her little touches, for example her character selection animation implicitly references her shaking her ponytail - in skins without the ponytail the animation looks really stupid
Doesn't that happen also with Tracer's hairs tho?

But yeah, I agrre that she feels less refined overall.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I know new characters almost never get new cosmetics during the first event they're available; But we need a beach ball Hammond skin for summer games.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Is he launching the same day as the Summer event? His release date trailer shows him on a beach.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017

So not only are we getting Hammond next week, but a "Free Weekend" on PC too. Smart plan by Blizzard to try and win people over with a Hamster in a Mech.

I wonder though if that also means that Summer games is coming into play on August 7th too? I think the pattern is that when a new hero comes out, they have their own "Special background" in the game for two weeks? or One week? Either way, we are about a stone's throw away from it.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
So not only are we getting Hammond next week, but a "Free Weekend" on PC too. Smart plan by Blizzard to try and win people over with a Hamster in a Mech.

I wonder though if that also means that Summer games is coming into play on August 7th too? I think the pattern is that when a new hero comes out, they have their own "Special background" in the game for two weeks? or One week? Either way, we are about a stone's throw away from it.
Yeah the special background is usually two weeks. So that means that Summer Games should be the week after the two week time for Hammond.

But I'm still wondering if they're even going to do a Summer Games event considering that this year's Anniversary Event had everything from the Summer Games event. I always imagined that this year they might do something new since Blizzard once mentioned that they were going to add new events and drop other ones.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the special background is usually two weeks. So that means that Summer Games should be the week after the two week time for Hammond.

But I'm still wondering if they're even going to do a Summer Games event considering that this year's Anniversary Event had everything from the Summer Games event. I always imagined that this year they might do something new since Blizzard once mentioned that they were going to add new events and drop other ones.

Honestly the only thing I can think of that they could do would be the following.

A) Lucioball has a third stadium (which really won't change much of the overall "Lucioball" experience)
b) New Lucioball mode that will have one play play as the Lucioball (Wrecking Ball). A fun idea, but could be slightly broken if you have the Lucioball trying to go into the same goal post throughout the game
c) New mode that will be Bowling with Wrecking Ball

A seems the most obvious while C would be the prefered. No idea on B being a feasible option unless if you do it like a "4v4" mode where you have a team of three Lucios and one Wrecking LucioBall and an actual non-player Lucioball and have it play like Quidditch where you have have Lucio plays play Lucioball while Wrecking Ball can serve as a distraction to disrupt enemy Lucios.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly the only thing I can think of that they could do would be the following.

A) Lucioball has a third stadium (which really won't change much of the overall "Lucioball" experience)
b) New Lucioball mode that will have one play play as the Lucioball (Wrecking Ball). A fun idea, but could be slightly broken if you have the Lucioball trying to go into the same goal post throughout the game
c) New mode that will be Bowling with Wrecking Ball

A seems the most obvious while C would be the prefered. No idea on B being a feasible option unless if you do it like a "4v4" mode where you have a team of three Lucios and one Wrecking LucioBall and an actual non-player Lucioball and have it play like Quidditch where you have have Lucio plays play Lucioball while Wrecking Ball can serve as a distraction to disrupt enemy Lucios.
I wish it was D: An actual rio map, king of the hill style

But I know it'll be A :(

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I still want a map that showcases Lucio's home in Rio, a la Castillo and Sombra.
The ideal map would go from a favela to a rich neighborhood showcasing vishkar's invasion, probably even ending on that vishkar building you can see in the lucioball map... it's a map that could be a huge pool of lore and it would be beautiful.

Of course, because of that it's not happening.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
The ideal map would go from a favela to a rich neighborhood showcasing vishkar's invasion, probably even ending on that vishkar building you can see in the lucioball map... it's a map that could be a huge pool of lore and it would be beautiful.

Of course, because of that it's not happening.

GamesCon is still happening, & Blizzard usually announces some cool stuff for that convention (maps, future plans, etc.)

We're also overdue for an animated short, and my god, I'm starvin' for some lore.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
GamesCon is still happening, & Blizzard usually announces some cool stuff for that convention (maps, future plans, etc.)

We're also overdue for an animated short, and my god, I'm starvin' for some lore.
We'll get a short in gamescon, but I'd rather have something more integrated on blizzcon(map+hero+short) so it's worth the wait.

Might be just me but I think any Brazilian that grew up with PC shooters knew cs_rio and got dissappointed that OW didn't have something like that xD thing was so famous it banned CS 1.6 in the country even though it was a community map

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
I wish it was D: An actual rio map, king of the hill style

But I know it'll be A :(

I feel like anything related to Lucio is around the corner. the question is just when exactly we are going to get it. Maybe it could be something we get in September in between events perhaps?

Who knows, but let's hope that they eventually work Lucio (and other characters) into the plot eventually.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like anything related to Lucio is around the corner. the question is just when exactly we are going to get it. Maybe it could be something we get in September in between events perhaps?

Who knows, but let's hope that they eventually work Lucio (and other characters) into the plot eventually.
Lúcio is a good character to expand upon because his arch enemy Vishkar Corp. is linked to talon through Sanjay. If Sanjay ever became a playable character they could have a short like infiltration moving the lore a bit, with an excuse to have Lúcio, Symmetra, Sanjay, and maybe some talon cameos considering you can always cut to their HQ, now that the 3D model of that is done, they can literally make a Talon meeting movie now, if you think about it lol.

August gonna give us just a short(we're too close to last map tbh, so me wanting a rio map was a pipe dream xD)
Blizzcon, in november, usually has a short, a map, and a character announcement, and that's why I'd like to see that develop there, but we can't know for sure, and we might just get jetpack cat and another random character origins short.

I wished we got something lucio related, but zenyatta and dva also need love, and a dva short would be pretty nuts if you've read her lore. I think any Lucio stuff would happen during blizzcon because of the map potential...

Having said that, the lucio posters in the hammond teaser still haunt me...

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Lúcio is a good character to expand upon because his arch enemy Vishkar Corp. is linked to talon through Sanjay. If Sanjay ever became a playable character they could have a short like infiltration moving the lore a bit, with an excuse to have Lúcio, Symmetra, Sanjay, and maybe some talon cameos considering you can always cut to their HQ, now that the 3D model of that is done, they can literally make a Talon meeting movie now, if you think about it lol.

August gonna give us just a short(we're too close to last map tbh, so me wanting a rio map was a pipe dream xD)
Blizzcon, in november, usually has a short, a map, and a character announcement, and that's why I'd like to see that develop there, but we can't know for sure, and we might just get jetpack cat and another random character origins short.

I wished we got something lucio related, but zenyatta and dva also need love, and a dva short would be pretty nuts if you've read her lore. I think any Lucio stuff would happen during blizzcon because of the map potential...

Agreed with all points.

At least Lucio has a sweet emote & some new lore bits, so it's not like they are ignoring him completely.

I'll be a patient frog and wait and see what they have.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah

I think that giving Lucio some voice lines in his native language was one of the best things that Blizzard has done for the game. He feels like a whole new character to me. Plus that new remote is awesome.