• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn I had the most clutch Hammond moment earlier. We were a split second away from losing Paris point B in overtime so I threw myself on the point and started swinging around that central statue, then their Hammond started swinging around it too, then we both dropped our ults at the same time on opposite sides of the statue, people on both sides are blowing up, everything is chaos, finally my team kills the other Hammond and their team is knocked away long enough for them to lose the point and we won.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Just did placements. Went 6-4 and placed at 2401 SR, which is a new career high. If I keep playing I might actually be able to hit 2500 this week, who knows.

I'm definitely going to keep playing Zen more, as my record with him across all seasons is 15-5. I just hope I can keep up the high win rate. The 4 heroes I've played more than him my win-rate is only in the 50-60% range.

Incite

Oct 25, 2017
On PS4 with the new replay system, my husband on one PS4 has different control than me on the other ps4.

I can't control the speed up/slow down as there appears to be no buttons bound to those actions whereas his has buttons assigned to those actions. My square button detaches the camera while he doesn't have the square button to do the same.
Going into options and trying to bind buttons for various actions for the replay system doesn't affect the replay system at all.
Perhaps I'm missing where you actually are able to bind buttons on the new replay dash?

Or it's a bug? I don't know but any help is appreciated :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
So replays reset after every patch. No way to save it. I hope they work on actually doing something about that.

I know replays has all players POV and such but they could have figured out a way to make it work. Like HOTS.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
On PS4 with the new replay system, my husband on one PS4 has different control than me on the other ps4.

I can't control the speed up/slow down as there appears to be no buttons bound to those actions whereas his has buttons assigned to those actions. My square button detaches the camera while he doesn't have the square button to do the same.
Going into options and trying to bind buttons for various actions for the replay system doesn't affect the replay system at all.
Perhaps I'm missing where you actually are able to bind buttons on the new replay dash?

Are the controls different or are the features just not working? I was watching an ML7 stream earlier and he was having issues with controls not working. He restarted the game and then they worked.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
There's nothing like DM getting a comp mode to remind you how fucking insane it is that mode isn't balanced at all and moira is still allowed to be selected

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale

Going off the official forms seems they forgot to add the keybinds, only way to get it to work might be to reset to default controls or wait until they fix it.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Going off the official forms seems they forgot to add the keybinds, only way to get it to work might be to reset to default controls or wait until they fix it.
yeah, a number of options for replays are listed under spectate mode but not all of them

I put toggle healthbar or something on triangle and whatever that's normally aligned to isn't listed in the menu to assign a button to
I had to reset my controls (and redo all my custom layouts...) to get it back

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
There's nothing like DM getting a comp mode to remind you how fucking insane it is that mode isn't balanced at all and moira is still allowed to be selected

I get most of my wins playing Moira. If it wasn't competitive I would choose someone else, but I want those wins.

Also, apparently the game is broken when a team has Hammond. Though might be console only? Saw it on reddit. Didn't notice anything in my games today but I'm on PC.

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
I get most of my wins playing Moira. If it wasn't competitive I would choose someone else, but I want those wins.
I used to main Ana when climbing, but it's way easier on Moira. Not just lower skill requirements (aiming, mobility/escape, flanker handling esp. Genji) but also less need to depend on others for ult synergy. Ana is way classier though. Still best character ever.

stingsabit

Nov 4, 2017
i've dropped from 3455 to 3018... I've had so many throwers so many people who can't pick characters according to what the other team is playing, people who refuse to group up... constantly. Comp is so much fun! :D

Oct 27, 2017
I used to main Ana when climbing, but it's way easier on Moira. Not just lower skill requirements (aiming, mobility/escape, flanker handling esp. Genji) but also less need to depend on others for ult synergy. Ana is way classier though. Still best character ever.

I'm inclined to agree. I like playing Ana, and if you're playing alongside a team conscious of their positioning and prepared to peel for you, she's such a strong character to play as, and can low-key carry games with her anti-heal. If you're playing with people who overextend and force you to take bad positions to get an angle on them, or there's nobody to help you deal with flankers, then I'll pretty much always switch to Moira simply for the survivability (although Baptiste is pretty good as well).

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
So this Mcree buff....wtf why. Its not going to do anything to goats and he already felt real good at his optimal ranges and has a stun.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
The only explanation I can think for the mccree buff being this extreme is that somethign in a future patch might necessitate it. Maybe something that almost totally rhymes with....'whole cock'.

Because I'm not sure what this buff is supposed to accomplish other than eliminating the reason for Ashe's existence.

CM_Ace

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Everytime I have to play Reinhardt these days.

tenor.gif

Mido

Oct 27, 2017
I got 13 qp wins last night insta locking Soldier every game unusually fast. 5 dps and 1 healer is the new meta.

Salty_Josh

Oct 28, 2017
I hate that the most boring heroes in this game are the most meta. Bunker is shit for anyone other than the second (not Bastion) dps and even then it's boring and you get punished for trying to have a bit of fun with it. Goats is fine but masters players are all about running 5 dps these days so it's practically dead. I'm taking a long break from playing this game until I can be bothered to bash my head against that wall again.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
I hate that the most boring heroes in this game are the most meta. Bunker is shit for anyone other than the second (not Bastion) dps and even then it's boring and you get punished for trying to have a bit of fun with it. Goats is fine but masters players are all about running 5 dps these days so it's practically dead. I'm taking a long break from playing this game until I can be bothered to bash my head against that wall again.

Username checks out.

Enjoy the break. I took like a long break from Overwatch and it was great coming back to quite a few new characters and maps.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
i've dropped from 3455 to 3018... I've had so many throwers so many people who can't pick characters according to what the other team is playing, people who refuse to group up... constantly. Comp is so much fun! :D
I know your pain, this season I started at 2500 climbed up to 2800 (career high), then back down to 2500; I've been hard-stuck in high-Gold & low-Plat the past few weeks.
I got 13 qp wins last night insta locking Soldier every game unusually fast. 5 dps and 1 healer is the new meta.
Yeah 4-5 dps can be pretty dam effective because the massive amount of damage outputs can easily shred barriers & enemies. I learned first-hand after 5 dps absolutely decimated our 2-2-2 bunker comp (bastion, orisa, mercy, baptiste), not even the immortality-field could save us.

If a team can coordinate 4-5 dps effectively it might be a new meta lol.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
replay system is very fun to play with, really love being able to rewatch more intense matches and see stuff I might have missed
had a match last night where I put a teleporter up to the roof of the saloon in hollywood, watched Bap and Winston get up on their own, Hammond and I teleport, Mercy glides up

all the while poor Hanzo is trying to wall climb twice and failed twice so he finally gave in and used it lol

also good for capturing fun moments like this

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you fall below a certain accuracy/headshot percentage with the DPS characters the game should automatically ban you from playing them for a set duration.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I love this game and will continue to do so unless they do something story wise that I absolutely hate.

But gosh freaking dang it does Mystery Heroes make me pull my hair out over some of the bullcrap the randomness pulls.

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
Last night was a mess, everything 4+ groups of young kids off of school, no one in team voice and unable to leverage teamwork.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
I like the changes to McCree. Feels like he's got more pep now.

Competitive Deathmatch is interesting when you're a passive participant. Takes forever to find a match commensurate with your perceived "skill", then when you get in everyone else is a diamond level player throwing the game or an opportunist confused at what the heck is going on.

So far I had two top four finishes with zero kills and assists.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
So I actually just realized that I've never played a game on Havana that went past point B, and I've never played the last portion of the map. Both in QP or Comp, every game has ended before either side reaches point B.

It's almost like it's not a very well balanced mode or something. Perhaps they should look into changing some stuff on there. Maybe.

Its just FFA, what would you change?

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Its just FFA, what would you change?

Run down a list of annoying abilities and adjust cooldown numbers appropriately. One example I know works well is when I played a custom game that had Hog's take a breather on a 20 second cooldown, making it's use feel far more strategic than him just becoming invulnerable to most heroes every 8 seconds. I would go as far as removing all self healing abilities in general. And make moira, brig, and Sym unselectable.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Oh boy. 0-3 in comp today. Lost the teammate lottery all three times. First game I had 4 dps, and it could have been close. Second two had teammates fighting with each other and quick losses. 4th game ended right away with a server error so I took that as a sign to take a break. I did only lose 66 SR, which is average 22 per game, so it could have been worse.

It just sucks because it takes me so long to climb because I don't really play that much comp. Not sure if I can put in the games necessary to climb to plat this season. Oh well.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy. 0-3 in comp today. Lost the teammate lottery all three times. First game I had 4 dps, and it could have been close. Second two had teammates fighting with each other and quick losses. 4th game ended right away with a server error so I took that as a sign to take a break. I did only lose 66 SR, which is average 22 per game, so it could have been worse.

It just sucks because it takes me so long to climb because I don't really play that much comp. Not sure if I can put in the games necessary to climb to plat this season. Oh well.

It's rough tonight with the 4-5 Damage in damn near every match and very few who seem to understand that you have to move a payload or take a point.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
It's rough tonight with the 4-5 Damage in damn near every match and very few who seem to understand that you have to move a payload or take a point.

There's still like 10 days left in the season, and I want to at least get back over 2400 before it ends. I'll probably take a break from comp until next week, or play on my alt that I often forget I have.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Try to disconnect/re-connect your account, I've never had a problem with sprays but had issues with OWL tokens.
Same here. I never got OWL tokens, like ever. No matter how many hours per week I left the twitch stream running on my pc and/or phone.

This new Mcree feels really unfair. Our Mcree managed to pulled off 4 Deadeyes before the enemy can reach the 2nd point in Blizzard World.

Status
Not open for further replies.