• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
Nepenthe stop this booli /jk

why you think that tho? Lol
You know how I play FFA Deathmatch right? Pick McCree and explore the map while not getting any kills: just run around, evade sometimes, not fire my gun, etc.? Well this week's Arcade rotation has Mystery Deathmatch instead, so instead of locking McCree I go through a rotation of heroes every time I die, only my behavior doesn't change and depending on who I get my survivability either goes way up or goes way down. For example, it's relatively easy to skate away from danger as Lucio, or blink back as Tracer, or heal through the pain as Moira, and I've got several matches with a perfect 0-0-0 ratio with them; on the other end of the spectrum, Bastion just gets hammered no matter how hard you try to get away from someone while waving or healing. Mei is the bane of Hammond's existence; all I want to do is roll and swing, and this bespectacled tart keeps freezing me over and over and throwing ice walls up when I try to get away. Let me roll, jerk!

But Lucio.

So I'm on Dorado, and the game gives me Orisa to start. Great. I've got a shield and a gravity ball, but I'm big, noisy and have no mobility; I'm a freaking magnet for gunfire. So right away I get into trouble; when I round the corner of the church there's Ashe and she starts shooting and throwing dynamite. And there's Hanzo and he starts shooting. Dangerously low on health I do the only thing I can do: I toss out my shield in their direction and hit them with the "puppy in a box" emote. They take a couple more shots at my shield, and then they both stop. Success!

And here comes Lucio, skating in on his stupid rollerblade things. He pulls up behind my shield, takes one second to look at me and my new puppy, then puts a burst of sound into my head for the killshot before skating off. Sociopath.

He's right tho'.

I will sacrifice you scrubs for the objective in a heartbeat. If you ain't on it or in my friendship circle, fuck you.
See? I bet if I'd been on the edge of the map he'd have booped me and my pupper off the cliff.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
An Ana I was 1v1'ing in FFA was losing the battle. She stopped in defeat and gave me candy. I waved back and let her go. Roadhog IMMEDIATELY stole my kill, in a match where I got second place by 1 point.

I sacrificed the win to let Grandma love on me for a second. Lucio's a revolutionary; he's seen real shit.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
You know how I play FFA Deathmatch right? Pick McCree and explore the map while not getting any kills: just run around, evade sometimes, not fire my gun, etc.? Well this week's Arcade rotation has Mystery Deathmatch instead, so instead of locking McCree I go through a rotation of heroes every time I die, only my behavior doesn't change and depending on who I get my survivability either goes way up or goes way down. For example, it's relatively easy to skate away from danger as Lucio, or blink back as Tracer, or heal through the pain as Moira, and I've got several matches with a perfect 0-0-0 ratio with them; on the other end of the spectrum, Bastion just gets hammered no matter how hard you try to get away from someone while waving or healing. Mei is the bane of Hammond's existence; all I want to do is roll and swing, and this bespectacled tart keeps freezing me over and over and throwing ice walls up when I try to get away. Let me roll, jerk!

But Lucio.

So I'm on Dorado, and the game gives me Orisa to start. Great. I've got a shield and a gravity ball, but I'm big, noisy and have no mobility; I'm a freaking magnet for gunfire. So right away I get into trouble; when I round the corner of the church there's Ashe and she starts shooting and throwing dynamite. And there's Hanzo and he starts shooting. Dangerously low on health I do the only thing I can do: I toss out my shield in their direction and hit them with the "puppy in a box" emote. They take a couple more shots at my shield, and then they both stop. Success!

And here comes Lucio, skating in on his stupid rollerblade things. He pulls up behind my shield, takes one second to look at me and my new puppy, then puts a burst of sound into my head for the killshot before skating off. Sociopath.

See? I bet if I'd been on the edge of the map he'd have booped me and my pupper off the cliff.
Lol thats an odd way to play DM but yeah im not a fan of non wholesome lucio maining :(

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You ever just find yourself about to go to bed and wishing you could spend $450 on a massive D.Va statue and also being glad that the Blizzard store doesn't have any $450 massive D.Va statues in stock so you can't waste your money on them

CM_Ace

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
pogygi4e.jpg

344B8OG.gif

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish I had friends to play comp with. All my friends were either below my skill level or stopped playing the game a year+ ago.

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
I only like lucio when he enables my murder tendencies by speeding me around as zen so I can click heads

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Lucio+Rein
Lucio+Hog
Lucio+Orisa
Lucio+Reaper
Lucio+McCree

He's got a ton of sweet teamplay synergy.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
Lol thats an odd way to play DM but yeah im not a fan of non wholesome lucio maining :(
It can be a lot of fun and quite freeing, once you get it out of your head that winning is the actual goal. Which is not to say that winning still can't happen, at least in Mystery Deathmatch; in fact I won a game the other day with Torbjorn on Petra, simply by throwing my turret on top of the rock spire and then running around the map in random patterns, using Overload to get a speed boost away from enemies who chased me. I got PotG and saved it; it's literally just me walking around one area of the map and pausing for a second to stare at a Reaper's back while my turret picks off people wandering into its field of fire.

I might upload it later.

But usually you're just using evades/stuns/shields to get out of jams and running away from fights and people react in different, sometimes amusing, ways to that. I'll shoot a Torb or Symmetra turret, and sometimes I'll go after someone singling me out repeatedly for easy kills (and that really shakes some of them); but most of the time my finger isn't even on the left mouse button.

CM_Ace

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Congrats.👍

Btw, I was wondering whatwhat happens when you reach 6000/6000 competitive points?
My man. Huge GG.

My best is somewhere at 37xx. I got bored of playing the same support (CAN WE HAVE A MOIRA OR MERCY PLEASE) every game and just started playing with friends only instead of solo Q grind every night.

Thanks everyone! Took 12 seasons (started from gold) but I made it! Now to stay up here.

Also for the competitive points, I think you stop getting them from matches once you reach 6000 but still get end of the season rewards. I know because I had 8000+ last week until I used them on an Orisa golden gun.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks everyone! Took 12 seasons (started from gold) but I made it! Now to stay up here.

Also for the competitive points, I think you stop getting them from matches once you reach 6000 but still get end of the season rewards. I know because I had 8000+ last week until I used them on an Orisa golden gun.

Just curious, but on average how many games do you play a season?

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Teammate quit out of a comp match, I go to stick him on ignore and click profile by mistake...he still online just play Fortnite. He quit comp to play Fortnite.

Schlep

Oct 29, 2017
Had a wild comp game on Eichenwalde earlier where my team speed boosted left to take point A. We capped the point with literally the entire enemy team 1 foot in front of us, but none of them touched.

I'm not sure if they thought they were on the point, or just that scared of my Brig skills.

Does anyone else feel like more and more of their teams are filled with people who have "given up" lately?

So far this season it seems like a lot of my comp matches feature lazy play by one or both teams. I'm not talking about just losing, but the way teams are losing. People in voice chat just sound defeated before the match begins sometimes.

Maybe it's just me, though?

I'll always love this game.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
went from having lots of great qp matches to sessions of endless matches where
I pick dps = oops all dps
I pick tank = I'm the only tank and no healers or a solo healing Ana/Brig/Zen
I pick heals = I'm the only healer and constantly getting focused with no help or our other healer isn't healing but is trying to dps
and that's not to mention a weird sudden increase in idlers and throwers

Jeph why am I being punished

Deleted member 4208

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else feel like more and more of their teams are filled with people who have "given up" lately?
I can't speak to competitive but even in Arcade it seems like there are more leavers than ever. Last week in one game on Anubis defense every member of my team quit save myself when the attacking team started capping A. And then some of the backfillers saw the situation and quit. Almost every game someone quits as soon as the enemy caps a point or the point isn't capped in the first fight on offense. On a side note, it seems the saltier the quitter, the better chance the backfilling player will improve the team.

Squirt

Oct 28, 2017
I just picked this up recently. Are there not many people playing anymore or am i doing something wrong? It takes forever to find a match, even with quick play. I think I'm spending more time trying to join a game than actually playing. 😕

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wanted to play mystery deathmatch because I quite like that mode, I tired 7 times, 7 fucking times and it always put me at the end or middle of the match, what is even the fucking point of that, if someone leaves just leave that spot empty, it's not a team mode. Deleted the game and the battle.net launcher.

predrag

Oct 27, 2017
I was on a good way out of the gold but then they pulled me back. To be fair, in few matches we had good comps, but other teams were just better. Maybe this is my limit and time to accept it.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
coalescence is just such a garbage ult and she has no way of keeping up with dive tanks. it's infuriating to see players insist on picking moira when a majority of the team is composed of high mobility heroes. and yes as a rein main, she's fine to have but i would almost always prefer ana with lucio, and more often than not, it's mercy and moira in plat like 75% of the time if there are two healers at all.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
coalescence is just such a garbage ult and she has no way of keeping up with dive tanks. it's infuriating to see players insist on picking moira when a majority of the team is composed of high mobility heroes. and yes as a rein main, she's fine to have but i would almost always prefer ana with lucio, and more often than not, it's mercy and moira in plat like 75% of the time if there are two healers at all.

I played a round as Moira with dive tanks two hours ago in high Diamond/low Masters. Here is why:

You want Ana but I ain't gonna die to Sombra/Tracer when dive tanks never peel.

You want Mercy but her healing sucks so much now I feel...dead inside when playing her. 12 secs to heal a tank or something.

And we had a Zen for secondary healer so rather stay alive to peel for Zen and for my team.

If only we had more supports in the game...

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
She's great but once you go higher it's just Ana+Lucio. Ana's nade can render poor Moira and Zen to nothing. Lucio's sound barrier isn't affected so he is a better choice for grav. And also, Moira can be easily predictable.

I used to like Mercy but her current state is so goddamn soulless. Zen is awesome but very vulnerable and again can get anti healed easily. Brig is Brig, you pick her and someone will demand more healing wven when you outheal the main healer. Not even joking.

Last edited:

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
1) Fuck Dva nerfs
2) Fuck enemy Mei's in solo ladder
3) Fuck people who think Roadhog contributes in any way, shape or form
4) Fuck four stacks who don't take a single healer
5) Fuck Dva nerfs
6) Fuck EU's shared servers with the Middle East
7) Fuck Bastian one tricks with 800 hours on him, with their next most played hero have 2 hours

Jeff6851

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
4-15 and about to fall into high silver on Xbox. I'm the only gold in any match and we get destroyed every time. I get plenty of gold medals but the my team are constant letdowns as they get mowed down by Bastion and Orisa.

dabs furiously

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

the points keep going after 6000

Status
Not open for further replies.