• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
About a year ago, Pablo Kuntz, the voice actor from the Resident Evil 1, was found and contacted by some fans to ask him some questions.
And ever since, he's been having a lot of fun with the RE community, like re-enacting the infamous lines from the first game while playing it for the very first time with his son.
I thought I'd make a quick thread about it for the fans on here who don't know, as it's honestly very wholesome to watch. Pablo seems to be a genuinely very kind and humble person who's just happy to be here.
More recently, he's been re-dubbing the newer games in the franchise, just for fun.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1gMcwb7_II

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAzxF82USIo

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHNQU2f8bhg

While he's not a professional voice actor and hasn't done anything like it for years, I do think it's pretty interesting to hear what could've been if Capcom kept him around.
I honestly can't wait to hear him do some RE5 content

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Ah man- that's pretty cool. Good on Pablo for doing that.

Although he's understandably maligned now, it was pretty fun years ago when Guy Cihi did a full playthrough of Silent Hill 2 and acted all of James' observation dialogue that wasn't voiced in the full game as he played.

OP
OP
CaptainKashup

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
This also made me realize how similar his voice can sound to the other Wesker we had since.
They definitely tried to keep the same tone it seems.

Trick_GSF

Nov 2, 2017
He's a good sport for doing this. Personally, it's been great to see some of the RE voice talent, practically from the older games join-in with the RE community on streams, Twitter and podcasts.

It's great they're getting some love.

Listen no one is perfect more so when it comes to fandoms, but the RE community is mostly super dope and awesome. Much love to my fellow RE/Bio fans <3

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly can't wait to hear him do some RE5 content

5f755e904d8172f3d20ca9d176365f2923143fe7.gif

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Saw him at an 18+ FanFic read at Youmacon and it was hilarious.

This man loves voicing Wesker.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
It's awesome to see not only the long standing mystery of the OG actors (both voice and live action) be solved, but for many of them to now be communicating with the fanbase, doing collaborations and fun stuff. It's the best possible outcome any of us could've hoped for. It was bittersweet finding out who Chris' original VA was, but also finding out he passed away in the early 2000s. Last I checked, Jill is still the big mystery right? Last I heard we still didn't know her voice actress or FMV actress.

The craziest thing about this journey is how they had no idea how big what they worked on had become. I mean the series got adapted into a series of very financially (critical reception notwithstanding) successful films for over a decade. But I suppose they would have known the work as "Biohazard" and not "Resident Evil", and that's if they were even told the title of what they were working on. Reminds me of the story of Heather Morris (the voice, mo-cap and namesake of Silent Hill 3's protagonist Heather Mason) quitting show business after that game and not knowing about how beloved that project was until her friend who was a Silent Hill fan literally found out it was her and told her. (that must've been a trip for her friend)

OP
OP
CaptainKashup

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
It's awesome to see not only the long standing mystery of the OG actors (both voice and live action) be solved, but for many of them to now be communicating with the fanbase, doing collaborations and fun stuff. It's the best possible outcome any of us could've hoped for. It was bittersweet finding out who Chris' original VA was, but also finding out he passed away in the early 2000s. Last I checked, Jill is still the big mystery right? Last I heard we still didn't know her voice actress or FMV actress.

The craziest thing about this journey is how they had no idea how big what they worked on had become. I mean the series got adapted into a series of very financially (critical reception notwithstanding) successful films for over a decade. But I suppose they would have known the work as "Biohazard" and not "Resident Evil", and that's if they were even told the title of what they were working on. Reminds me of the story of Heather Morris (the voice, mo-cap and namesake of Silent Hill 3's protagonist Heather Mason) quitting show business after that game and not knowing about how beloved that project was until her friend who was a Silent Hill fan literally found out it was her and told her. (that must've been a trip for her friend)

Yeah, it's pretty great for them to finally be known and also know their impact.
According to some of them, the reason they didn't know that it was Resident Evil is in fact because they called it Biohazard during their time acting in it. And since all of the actors left Japan not long after working on the game, they didn't get to make the connection earlier.
Jill voice actress from RE1 is known, her name is Una Kavanagh, it's her FMV actor that still hasn't been found. She's the last one though.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
what did Guy Cihi do???

Among being a believer in a wide range of conspiracy theories, he is (or at least was) someone that believes that both COVID and AIDS are fake.

www.resetera.com

Guy Cihi (James in Silent Hill 2): "Covid is fake, so is AIDS."

https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrump/posts/10165158886980725?comment_id=1664774720345195&reply_comment_id=288293365922581 Replying to a Trump post: I cant express how massively disappointed SH2 is in my top 3 games of all time and Ive tried to be a fan of Guys to support him.

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
I love that the Resident Evil actors are doing stuff like this. It would be cool if Albert Wesker had different skins in Dead by Daylight that had different voices from the series history.

Ah man- that's pretty cool. Good on Pablo for doing that.

Although he's understandably maligned now, it was pretty fun years ago when Guy Cihi did a full playthrough of SH2 and acted all of James' observation dialogue that wasn't voiced in the full game as he played.
That playthrough was fun but kinda annoying, because whenever Cihi started giving insightful (and genuinely fascinating) commentary on Sunderland's character, Fungo would interrupt him with some nonsense. Like, come on now.

Cihi even came close to debunking the Pyramid Head rape theory (years before Ito got around to it), but Fungo wouldn't stop talking.

Last edited: