KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
The drop this week sorta suck but the raw numbers are quite good and the game is 40% digital so I think its a really great showing. World was never gonna be topped.
While overall JRPGs might have even bigger audience on Switch compared to PS (and Xbox) I feel that success of MH World (in west) was based on the fact that it was decent hit among the COD/GTA multiplayer audience on PS/xbox and Switch has hard time to match that.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
It's strange as with the DS you saw them everywhere. Get on a train and you saw women, older men and kids playing with a DS.

With the switch I rarely see them out in the wild being used but it's like we are back to that DS popularity.

You can't put a switch in your pocket lol

I sometimes take it with me on my commute, but it's a bit of a faff to take out and put back, especially on a crowded train. DS you could whip out much easier.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
While overall JRPGs might have even bigger audience on Switch compared to PS (and Xbox) I feel that success of MH World (in west) was based on the fact that it was decent hit among the COD/GTA multiplayer audience on PS/xbox and Switch has hard time to match that.
I remember some talk around World US launch that it was attracting a lot of dissatisfied Destiny 2 players in particular and it hit at the perfect time for that uptake.

Switch does do well with team based online games though (Splatoon 2, Overwatch, Minecraft Dungeons, Rocket League, Diablo III, Ninjala, Warframe, etc) so while it might not be courting the COD audience as directly there is still a pretty sizable playerbase for Rise.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017

Oh for sure. While I knew Monster Hunter on Switch would show big growth over what it was doing on past Nintendo systems before World was announced, the way World blew up was crazy. Never would expect it to do those nunbers. If this hits half of World on Switch (which is about 8m which I think it will achieve) that is a major success.

Being around half of World and more than double 4U is good growth. It will fall further behind world overall but I think it shouldn't have much issues more tham doubling its first week.

Game seems pretty popular in NA too.

Joxer

Oct 27, 2017
Once again, there's very little meaning to be derived from the limited info we have of the UK performance of certain games and genres. Even World's performance wasn't partcularly impressive.

We'll have a better idea of it's long-term prospects when we have US and Japan data over the first couple of months.

Similarly, there's nothing much to gauge from Outriders placement and split. It's a digital-heavy, gamepass game that probably won't even do 20k physically in lifetime sales.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
So a game being on Gamepass won't prevent people from purchasing it on Playstation.
Maybe a tiny amount, I'm sure there's at least some people out there with both a PlayStation and Xbox who planned to buy the game on PS4/PS5 but instead went with Xbox when the Game Pass announcement was made, but yeah probably not a significant amount.
It will definitely be interesting to see though how this PlayStation to Xbox ratio evolves over the coming years, an almost 5:1 ratio in one of the most relevant markets for Xbox is quite significant.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
So a game being on Gamepass won't prevent people from purchasing it on Playstation.
Of course not, people aren't going to buy another console just for a subscription service. Steam is probably a better point to look at for if GP has a negative effect on sales given PC users have the choice without needing another significant investment and nothing has really shown it to.

Morrdji

Alt-Account
Banned
Mar 16, 2021
I do actually think that gamepass will lessen people buying software unless it is something of great value to own. Annual sports games are a good example of games not worth owning, or always online (gaas) games like outriders.

Oct 27, 2017
Of course not, people aren't going to buy another console just for a subscription service. Steam is probably a better point to look at for if GP has a negative effect on sales given PC users have the choice without needing another significant investment and nothing has really shown it to.
Given the many issues GP PC has atm id be suprised if itd make any dent in steam sales anytime soon

GI.biz's report on UK sales for Week 13, 2021

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
www.gamesindustry.biz

Outriders debuts at No.6 as FIFA 21 returns to No.1 | UK Boxed Charts

Square Enix's new IP Outriders made No.6 in its first week at UK games retailThe co-op RPG shooter sold best on PlaySta…

1 FIFA 2
2 Animal Crossing: New Horizons
3 Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
4 Monster Hunter Rise
5 Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
6 Outriders
7 Ring Fit Adventure
8 Super Mario 3D All-Stars
9 Assassin's Creed Valhalla
10 Minecraft (Switch)

Deleted member 63122

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020
www.gamesindustry.biz

Square Enix's new IP Outriders made No.6 in its first week at UK games retailThe co-op RPG shooter sold best on PlaySta…

1 FIFA 2
4 Monster Hunter Rise
6 Outriders
7 Ring Fit Adventure
10 Minecraft (Switch)
Basically 7 Switch exclusives.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
www.gamesindustry.biz

1 FIFA 2
4 Monster Hunter Rise
6 Outriders
7 Ring Fit Adventure
10 Minecraft (Switch)
Any idea where MHR is presently in the UK eshop?

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
1. Among Us
2. Monster Hunter Rise
3. Monster Hunter Rise Deluxe Edition
Hmm.. Well, given the current situation in the UK, I wouldn't be surprised if adding in digital sales would have changed the order from

4 Monster Hunter Rise

To

2 Monster Hunter Rise
3 Animal Crossing: New Horizons
4 Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury

Joxer

Oct 27, 2017
Still no updates for Australia, New Zealand, France and Italy for week 12.

Balan numbers were overwhelming.

Or just Easter getting in the way.

UK Top 40 for Week 13, 2021

DisturbedSwan

Oct 25, 2017
Hampshire, UK.
Full UK Chart - Week 13 2021

01 (08) FIFA 21 (EA SPORTS)
02 (03) ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS (NINTENDO) Animal Crossing: New Horizons
03 (04) SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD + BOWSER'S FURY (NINTENDO)
04 (01) MONSTER HUNTER RISE (CAPCOM)
05 (07) MARIO KART 8 DELUXE
06 (NE) OUTRIDERS (SQUARE ENIX)
07 (16) RING FIT ADVENTURE (NINTENDO)
08 (02) SUPER MARIO 3D ALL-STARS (NINTENDO)
09 (14) ASSASSIN'S CREED VALHALLA (UBISOFT)
10 (06) MINECRAFT (NINTENDO)
11 (13) CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS COLD WAR (ACTIVISION)
12 (11) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (ROCKSTAR)
13 (17) MARVEL'S AVENGERS (SQUARE ENIX)
14 (12) MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN: MILES MORALES (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
15 (20) JUST DANCE 2021 (UBISOFT)
16 (22) WATCH DOGS: LEGION (UBISOFT)
17 (18) HITMAN III (SQUARE ENIX)
18 (10) SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY (NINTENDO)
19 (05) MINECRAFT DUNGEONS (MOJANG)
20 (23) LEGO HARRY POTTER COLLECTION (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
21 (24) SUPER MARIO PARTY (NINTENDO)
22 (RE) STAR WARS: SQUADRONS (EA GAMES)
23 (RE) F1 2020 (CODEMASTERS)
24 (27) SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE (NINTENDO)
25 (09) LUIGI'S MANSION 3 (NINTENDO)
26 (RE) SONIC MANIA PLUS (SEGA)
27 (31) POKEMON SWORD (NINTENDO)
28 (33) LEGO JURASSIC WORLD (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
29 (21) 51 WORLDWIDE GAMES (NINTENDO)
30 (28) IMMORTALS FENYX RISING (UBISOFT)
31 (35) MARIO & SONIC AT THE OLYMPIC GAMES TOKYO 2020 (NINTENDO)
32 (25) RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 (ROCKSTAR)
33 (RE) NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. U DELUXE (NINTENDO)
34 (RE) LEGO DC SUPER-VILLAINS (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
35 (RE) EA SPORTS UFC 4 (EA SPORTS)
36 (40) LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES 2 (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
37 (RE) MINECRAFT: BEDROCK EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
38 (39) CRASH BANDICOOT N.SANE TRILOGY (ACTIVISION)
39 (RE) STAR WARS JEDI: FALLEN ORDER (EA GAMES)
40 (RE) LEGO THE INCREDIBLES (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)

Bruno MB

PAL Charts Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury performance in Spain is crazy, not only it had a really big launch, but it is maintaining very high weekly sales. It has outsold the original game released on Wii U 8 years ago.

OP
OP
Mpl90

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017