Deleted member 1378

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Noticed there wasn't a new thread about this.

All keys are taken, btw. Also, the alpha is under NDA.

http://forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?75032-Realm-Royale-Closed-Alpha-FAQ-Info-on-Forging-System

Hours of Operation

Servers will be online for a limited period each day. We expect servers to be live from 12:00 PM EDT to 6:00 PM EDT on Saturday, April 7th and Sunday, April 8th. These times may change - Watch the forums for details!

Known Issues

- Players will sometimes spawn below the world on the starter island. Do not move, as you may fall through the world and instantly die! You'll still be able to play normally once the round starts.
- Damage numbers can sometimes indicate that you dealt an unusually low amount of damage. Don't worry -- The numbers are bugged, and the weapons are dealing the correct amounts of damage.
- The house containing a forge in Northport is missing, and a house in Lumber Mill is bugged (players cannot enter one of the doors).

Access Keys

The first wave of access keys were sent to select players who previously participated in testing our battle royale mode. We will be accepting sign-ups for more testers soon!

Streaming/Recording Policy

During the Closed Alpha phase, players must not and agree not to make reviews, or record gameplay, or broadcast, stream, publicly display or otherwise share gameplay pictures or footage, including online. We will notify players at a later time when they may do reviews and content may be recorded and shared.

The Forging System

As you're looting weapons, armor, and abilities, you have the option to dismantle those items by holding E. Dismantling these items gives you Shards, indicated by a yellow diamond on your screen

2018-04-06_18-32-09-1-e1523111181856.jpg

Once you have collected 100 Shards, travel to a Forge, indicated on the map with the same icon. Be careful -- Other players may be guarding or using these Forges, as there are only a few in the world.

2018-04-06_18-33-22-e1523111363579.jpg

When you arrive at the Forge, press E to begin forging. This will drop your shards in the circle and start the forging process.

2018-04-06_18-33-50-e1523111283499.jpg

After two minutes, your Shards will become a random Legendary weapon or ability. Remember: This is the only way to get Legendary weapons, so don't forget to Forge!

2018-04-06_18-34-08-e1523111229149.jpg

Thanks for testing, and we'll see you in the Realm Royale!

Seems like it's been spun off into a standalone game as well. Not surprising since Hi Rez tends to jump on whatever is super popular.

Not sure who this game is supposed to be for? PUBG has the "hardcore" realistic crowd. Fortnite has the F2P crowd. Are they depending on people not liking those two enough to try Paladins RR?

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did it got any big changes since it initially released? The mode was complete garbage when I tried it out.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1378

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
Noticed there wasn't a new thread about this.

All keys are taken, btw. Also, the alpha is under NDA.

http://forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?75032-Realm-Royale-Closed-Alpha-FAQ-Info-on-Forging-System

Seems like it's been spun off into a standalone game as well. Not surprising since Hi Rez tends to jump on whatever is super popular.

Not sure who this game is supposed to be for? PUBG has the "hardcore" realistic crowd. Fortnite has the F2P crowd. Are they depending on people not liking those two enough to try Paladins RR?

This doesn't have building right. Probably the people who like fornite but say they don't like building so they dont play it which is like a third of people here it would seem.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Wait, isn't Paladins first person shooter? What the heck is this screen from.

Do not tell me they've made BR mode a TPP game. That would be nuts.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A game that cloned Overwatch now tries cloning Fortnite. I recognize that this development team is pretty talented but they're blatant carbon copying of other popular games is habitual at this point.
I tried out this mode a few times, it played nothing like Fortnite and not in a good way. Curious to see if they will overhaul it now that it's going to be its own game.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1378

Oct 25, 2017
This doesn't have building right. Probably the people who like fornite but say they don't like building so they dont play it which is like a third of people here it would seem.
It doesn't have building, yet. It's still in early alpha so I could absolutely see it being added eventually.

Wait, isn't Paladins first person shooter? What the heck is this screen from.

Do not tell me they've made BR mode a TPP game. That would be nuts.
They did

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
The game that was Overwatch lite is now Fortnite lite?

I know jumping on the band wagon is a common thing but jeez guys, have some originality. Next thing you know there'll be a Paladins trading card game and MOBA.

CozMick

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hand of the gods is a dead man walking. 0 viewers on twitch . That'll be the next to go.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate that they were blatantly cribbing PUBG months back when announced (with the title) but they've decided to now pivot to the new king with both title AND look- impressive!

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
That looks ridiculously like Fortnite. I wouldn't be surprised to see Epic try to look into possible legal actions.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I've loved Hi Rez games so far (Tribes, Smite and Paladins) so very very open to trying more from them. Smite in particular is an absolutely fantastic product.

Deleted member 9486

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I'm one of those. Still have fun playing some Fortnight and just dying in the top ten as my ceiling as I don't do the building. I also suck in general and only get top 10 by sneaking around edges. :D

I'd check this out if it is decent and F2P. I'd give PUBG a go, but I don't have an Xbox 1 and don't bother with FPS MP games on PC as I'm controller only (hate KB/M controls) and suck bad enough without that disadvantage. I'd buy it today if it were on PS4.

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
The fact they even made their FPS into a TPS just to emulate Fortnite a little bit more makes me chuckle.

Namdrater

Oct 27, 2017
Berlin / Cape Town
Has anyone stopped to think that maybe it looks similar to Fortnite, because Paladins already uses an artstyle that looks similar to Fortnite? Stop jumping to conclusions. Nobody knows how this game plays and what the different mechanics are. It could be very similar or straight up copy Fortnite, but there is literally not enough information about it right now. They also have freedom to change tons of stuff before it's given real coverage. I doubt I'd end up playing this, but I'll be hopeful they can add something new to the formula.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
2018-04-06_18-32-09-1-e1523111181856.jpg

If you told me this screenshot was from Fortnite, I would have completely believed you.
Wait, that's not Fortnite??? I don't play the game but I watch my little brother play it and I honestly thought this was from Fortnite! I guess that's what happens when the two games could look similar due to art and color.

Tecnniqe

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Antarctica
Has anyone stopped to think that maybe it looks similar to Fortnite, because Paladins already uses an artstyle that looks similar to Fortnite? Stop jumping to conclusions.
Nah, it looks similar to fortnite because they more or less lifted the entire UI design and if you add in this bit
The fact they even made their FPS into a TPS just to emulate Fortnite a little bit more makes me chuckle.
seems pretty darn transparent.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Are they using the same characters from their Paladins game in Realms Royale or are they going with new ones?

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, looking at that one screenshot it really does look like Fortnite. I guess it's the artstyle, use of colour in the UI and the fact that the characters in Fortnite are varied so you have army people along with John Wick along with a weird wizard, so when you have the Paladin character it really just looks like it could be another Fortnite character.