• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DinkyDev

Feb 5, 2021
Leslie Nielsen's Lt. Frank Drebin was wrong: Cops and women do mix, and with that we have Pamela Anderson joining Liam Neeson in Paramount Pictures' untitled Naked Gun reboot, which Akiva Schaffer is directing and executive producing for a July 18, 2025 theatrical release.
The Baywatch actress of 110 episodes has the comedy chops as she's starred in such big screen titles as Scary Movie 3 and Superhero Movie, which both satirical movies ala the spirit of Naked Gun. Anderson also reprised her TV role of C.J. Parker in Paramount's big screen 2017 redux of Baywatch which starred Dwayne Johnson, Zac Efron and Alexandra Daddario.
Dan Gregor and Doug Mand wrote the draft script along with Schaffer for Naked Gun. Gregor and Mand also wrote the Primetime Emmy-winning Disney+ movie, Chip 'N Dale: Rescue Rangers. Seth MacFarlane and Erica Huggins are producing Naked their company Fuzzy Door. Daniel M. Stillman is EP.
deadline.com

Pamela Anderson Joins Liam Neeson In Paramount’s New ‘Naked Gun’ Movie

Pamela Anderson Joins Liam Neeson in 'Naked Gun' Reboot

Timber

Jan 17, 2024
This is sounding better and better.

For a second I thought she was in NK3, but I was mistaking her for Anna Nicole Smith.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
theres-a-name-ive-not-heard-in-many-years.gif

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
The Baywatch actress of 110 episodes has the comedy chops as she's starred in such big screen titles as Scary Movie 3 and Superhero Movie, which both satirical movies ala the spirit of Naked Gun. Anderson also reprised her TV role of C.J. Parker in Paramount's big screen 2017 redux of Baywatch which starred Dwayne Johnson, Zac Efron and Alexandra Daddario.
They talk about her cameos in comedy movies, but not Stacked which she starred in?

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
Liam Neeson certainly has the racist fantasies of murdering black men required to play an LA cop.

Jun 20, 2021
If anyone can pull this off it's the writers and director of Chip 'n' Dale: Rescue Rangers. That movie is a banger.

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
Liam Neeson certainly has the racist fantasies of murdering black men required to play an LA cop.
www.youtube.com

Atlanta - Cancel Club

Here's a really good article about that scene as well:
variety.com

Donald Glover Had Jordan Peele Convince Liam Neeson to Poke Fun at 2019 Racism Controversy on ‘Atlanta’: ‘Liam Poured His Heart Out’

Donald Glover needed Jordan Peele's help to convince Liam Neeson to come on "Atlanta" and poke fun at his 2019 racism controversy.

thesoapster

Oct 25, 2017
MD, USA

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA

I've never seen Ted, or this clip, but it was great.

It's all about context, but Liam's line delivery here, if it was in a serious movie, would still work as some dramatic moment, but in this, it's hilarious.

I can definitely see him pulling off Frank Drebin.

Leslie Neilsen is inimitable, but Neeson ("LN?" I see what you did there, casting director...), is a great choice for a different vibe, but similar result.

I really hope this reboot is as fun as the original Naked Gun movies. I loved them as a kid.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
I'm dead. This movie is 100% going to fail but the mass behind it will not stop. I honestly can't wait lmao

Hold on to yr butts

JB Hunkamunka

Mar 14, 2021
Pamela Anderson fits for sure (and it's been a while since she's been in the limelight!), but I feel like there ought to be a whole new generation of C-list celebrities that have yet to be exploited recruited for this kind of flick. I'm... kind of drawing a blank though atm!

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Pamela Anderson fits for sure (and it's been a while since she's been in the limelight!), but I feel like there ought to be a whole new generation of C-list celebrities that have yet to be exploited recruited for this kind of flick. I'm... kind of drawing a blank though atm!

Charlie Sheen!

I mean, he's a horrible person from what I remember of him, but he's absolutely the type of actor I'd expect in this kind of movie. Make it a reference to the Hot Shots films or something.

But I agree with you that there are probably new generation actors that could show up in a movie like this that are more fitting/worthy of being included lol