• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I so want this to be great. I don't even remember the last great spoof movie. I think the people behind it are the right ones though, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Jan 18, 2018

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they would remake more bad movies to make them good, instead of remaking classics that will never be as good as the original.
Exactly. I feel like it's kind of backwards in a way as mediocre to bad movies need remakes to improve the most as most of the time you can't really improve on the original(if it's already really good or just perfect) as they can actually be worse than the classics.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I'm down as long as they stay away from the transphobia. 33 and 1/3 gets weirdly mean spirited towards the end.

SlasherMcGirk

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati
I am all for Neeson's casting. I will give the movie a chance for that alone. Not sure what Anderson really brings to the table. I really hope she is not the "Jane" of this movie.

amusix

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I've never seen Ted, or this clip, but it was great.
Thank you for sharing... wasn't a big fan of Ted so never saw this but that was a great minute of comedy.
The post-credits stinger in the movie made it even better....

www.youtube.com

Ted 2 post credits scene,Ted 2 2015

Ted 2 produced by universal studios Click here to watch the movie trailer:https://www.google.com/search?q=ted+2+trailer&safe=strict&client=tablet-android-sam...

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
The post-credits stinger in the movie made it even better....

www.youtube.com

Ted 2 post credits scene,Ted 2 2015

Ted 2 produced by universal studios Click here to watch the movie trailer:https://www.google.com/search?q=ted+2+trailer&safe=strict&client=tablet-android-sam...

LMAO

That's amazing. The expression on his face is perfect lol

He's definitely a great choice for Frank Drebin in this reboot.

I don't really think it'd work as well if you had a lesser known actor, or an actor known for comedy.

I think another good choice might have been Jon Hamm. Known for more serious roles like Don Draper, but is also has great comedic timing in the few roles where he was able to showcase it.

Oct 26, 2017
Time to do a Naked Gun rewatch. Man I miss those type of comedies where the entire scene even the background extras is a carefully crafted joke.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
Wondering what we get for the introduction. Where can that car go?

Will there be a joke about OJ's character suffering a horrible fate?

Will Mrs. Presley be in it? Will her romantic interest be the bad guy like the first two?

How pointed is the police commentary going to be? Frank makes some jokes about freely being able to kill people as a cop in the first, they can expand on that.

This inspired me to go back and watch the first 3 movies. They decline in quality but the first two are just so funny. The third is okay with some good jokes but it's missing the joke a second aspect of the first through much of the film.

The screenwriter of three really had an axe to grind with women when he wrote the script. Deeply misogynistic. I never notice shit like this but 2 separate women chastize Frank for leaving the door open and letting the AC out which felt so personal that I am convinced one of the writers encountered that experience and so he took that woman to task.

Then there's the trans joke...

They flip the script and Frank is the housewife and it doesn't work.