bishoptl

Remember
Oct 26, 2017
Vancouver
He didn't actually do that, people just claimed him complaining about the protests meant that. Making Papa John's out to be racist because of that is just a stretch but it's not surprising, people love to find new things to complain about.
Sure thing buddy
  1. Tomato-sauce-on-cardboard slanger complains about poor sales, links them directly to NFL protesters
  2. NFL protesters are 99.9% black men
  3. NFL protesters are protesting about police brutality against black people
Your whole entire ass is showing, my friend - white, bright and pretty, like Conway Twitty.

Hat22

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Sure thing buddy
  1. Tomato-sauce-on-cardboard slanger complains about poor sales, links them directly to NFL protesters
  2. NFL protesters are 99.9% black men
  3. NFL protesters are protesting about police brutality against black people
Your whole entire ass is showing, my friend - white, bright and pretty, like Conway Twitty.

That's a strange leap in logic. As far as business goes, yeah, these protests did hurt the NFL. Could be for racism, I dunno, but Papa Johns had a massive deal with the NFL so it makes sense that he'd cite that as a reason for declining sales.

It's very likely that Papa Johns is just suffering due to competition but who really knows.

Also, the endorsement from the racists is trolling. They claimed the WSJ as their favorite news site over the PewDiePie thing.

hydrophilic attack

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
7KfvFzI.jpg

scrubadam

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
That's a strange leap in logic. As far as business goes, yeah, these protests did hurt the NFL. Could be for racism, I dunno, but Papa Johns had a massive deal with the NFL so it makes sense that he'd cite that as a reason for declining sales.

It's very likely that Papa Johns is just suffering due to competition but who really knows.

Also, the endorsement from the racists is trolling. They claimed the WSJ as their favorite news site over the PewDiePie thing.

Thank you for your post of reason. I agree with you.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Is it? Is it really?

I know it's difficult to for certain folks to recognize racist behaviour unless it's engaging with full-on hoods and/or tiki torches, but dog whistling is a thing.
Racism is broad, wide-reaching, engrained into our culture, and deeply systemic. To not notice "shades of gray" racism and blatant dog whistling is some woeful ignorance, or just a general acceptance of your average every day racism.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
It's what he gets for being a Koch-aligned shitbird. This is your side, this is the side you picked.

Deleted member 11157

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also, the endorsement from the racists is trolling.
I don't think it's trolling. We've got losers on the internet showing off how patriotic they are by buying PJs pizza. It's much more simply they found someone that shares the same "viewpoints" and latching onto to a legitimate business so they can be taken seriously.

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
Well, I still haven't eaten at Chick Fil A since 2012, and I love CFA food.

Ignoring Papa John's is gonna be a breeze.

CUD

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it? Is it really?

I know it's difficult to for certain folks to recognize racist behaviour unless it's engaging with full-on hoods and/or tiki torches, but dog whistling is a thing.
What part of Papa John's statement was dog whistling? If they were doing that why would they now condemn such groups?

Oct 27, 2017
What part of Papa John's statement was dog whistling? If they were doing that why would they now condemn such groups?
Try to save their rumps? Dogwhistles are only sypposed to be picked up by dogs. Their pitch wasnt high enough.

I think the dogwhistle was saying the leaders should have nipped it in the bud, in the context of the protests leading to lower viewership.

How do you think schnetter, a trumper, would propose nipping it in the bud?

CUD

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Try to save their rumps? Dogwhistles are only sypposed to be picked up by dogs. Their pitch wasnt high enough.
Maybe it's not dog whistling, just people reading too much into a statement of why they believed (or at least want us to believe) that their sales have been declining. Saying "this thing is affecting our sales" and getting "we don't care about black people" is a stretch.

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe it's not dog whistling, just people reading too much into a statement of why they believed (or at least want us to believe) that their sales have been declining. Saying "this thing is affecting our sales" and getting "we don't care about black people" is a stretch.

You didnt answer my question. How could it have been nipped in the bud? How do you think trump jones and scnatter might think it could be solved lol.

Seems obvious to me.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
It's not the cord cutting, the over saturation of the product, the game quality, or CTE concerns.

It's the scary black men kneeling in the corner off screen.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
If he makes all their pizza's swastika shaped maybe he could pay his employees $15/hour from the ingredient savings.
Nah, that would hit his bottom line too hard. Better to see employees pull themselves up by their minimum wage boot straps than pay them a living wage. I'm sure they'll all thank him personally when they are all millionaires making bank off the backs of the poor.

convo

Oct 25, 2017

It's hard to not read into someone who is as big a trump supporter like this guy though. Do you expect past shitty behavior to just be ignored and give this guy the benefit of the doubt? What's the point of defending a pizza chain anyway.

Ponn

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Daily Stormer, the Mecca of neo Nazi white nationalist scum endorses Papa Johns as the pizza of choice for white nationalist because of the CEOs remarks.

People come into thread with "I don't see the racism"

*Boggles*

Naw, no racism. Nazis just REALLY love garlic butter sauce and peppers.

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
Hilarious. This is essentially what they deserve. Especially after threatening to fire employees if Obama got reelected.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I faintly remember a time when I could tell Onion article headlines from actual news.

Late Flag

alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It says something extremely negative about the state of this country that choosing which brand of low-quality pizza to consume has become a political action.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Daily Stormer, the Mecca of neo Nazi white nationalist scum endorses Papa Johns as the pizza of choice for white nationalist because of the CEOs remarks.

People come into thread with "I don't see the racism"

*Boggles*

Naw, no racism. Nazis just REALLY love garlic butter sauce and peppers.

lol seriously. This story isn't even about people giving Papa John's shit for condemning the NFL, Nazis are literally endorsing his pizza.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Couldn't happen to a better owner. I hope the Nazis make a bigger deal and get Papa to say more terrible shit.

bishoptl

Remember
Oct 26, 2017
Vancouver
I do hope this line is a reference to Bloom County.
I am so happy somebody got this reference.

"maybe it's something else! anything but racism! Lord knows we can't throw that word around willy-nilly!"

Nah, the founder's track record and words are proof positive. I mean, you can tapdance for him all you like, but sometimes

sometimes

sometimes you have to believe people when they tell you who they are.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Oh well, I don't understand a thing of this mess, except that pineapple is the best for Pizzas anyway.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
This seems like a fitting outcome for someone with shady business practices and right-leaning politics.

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
The dogwhistle may be the stretch of reason made by the CEO who claimed that a protest against something unrelated to their business is a primary cause negatively impacting their sales. To put it another way, the CEO's statement appears to be an unsubstantiated and politically motivated attempt to use his influence to support the position of silencing protests against racism.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, "Pepe John's" (lol!) deserves any backlash heading their way. I'm not sure how you see it as anything other than racism. I'm just glad he's finally experiencing some repercussions.

Deleted member 3345

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

He could just have shut the fuck up about the protest.

He literally said it should have been "nipped in the bud" which is the same language of "prisoners running the prison" and "throw those sons of bitches out".

Maddness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Papa John's continues to be trash in the form of pizza. Better Ingredients Better Pizza my ass. I mean now that I think about it that slogan seems shady as fuck.