DinkyDev

The Movie Critic
Feb 5, 2021
0vdBtON.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2Bg0RLc2mg
Celebrate the 10th anniversary of ParaNorman this fall with an array of theatrical events, promotional activities, and fan-favorite engagements. Newly remastered in glorious 4K with Dolby Atmos sound, LAIKA's supernatural action-comedy is rising back to theaters in October via Halloween weekend screenings through Alamo Drafthouse in the U.S. and in partnership with PictureHouse and Cineworld in the U.K. Find a screening near you at linktr.ee/paranorman

Oct 29, 2017
I'm not a big fan of Halloween-themed movies, but this is so good all around that manages to rise above that and is possibly my favorite film from them.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I remember this movie. It was cute. Nice to see it come back to theaters. A lot of movies are returning to theaters these days.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
I once had a social worker who tried to use a connection to get me a job working at Aardaman.

Nobody understands how good Laika is, or how stop motion works.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh wish it was in regular theaters, would love to see it again, haven't seen it since it's original run. Can't believe it's already been 10 years

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I saw this in theaters a decade ago and it's easily Laika's best. The entire ending sequence was amazing from the visuals to the musical score.

ZeeAyKay

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see anything about them releasing the updated 4K HDR remaster on blu ray or digital?? This is one of my favorite movies!

EDIT: Apparently a 4K HDR release from Shout Factory will be coming... in December.

Last edited:

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
This is actually one of my favorite movies all time. It's such a joy to watch whether you lose yourself in the story and characters or just spend the entire run time admiring the craft. I adore all of Laika's films, but this one is my favorite.

Zimmiwood

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I watch this movie regularly and never tire of it!!! So great. Wish it was a much more bigger success for them because it's easily one of Laikas beat

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017
we watch it once a year. screenings are probs all a bit too far from me but oh boy would I love a 4k digital release.

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
Bummer. I was hoping this would be a wide release. My son hasn't seen it and I didn't catch in theaters.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Damn. It's not playing at any of the Drafthouses here. Ah well. I'll just go watch my Blu-ray

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
For those that care, it has nice 3D in it too.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
Only first saw or even heard of this movie like 2 years ago, and have seen it once a year since then. It's so good!