Freestyler

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful logo!

Especially impressive that they got the flame, a gold medal, and a feminine silhouette in there.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Judging it as a woman, it doesn't look like any depiction of Marianne I've ever seen. Judging it as a flame, it feels weirdly static. Judging it as a gold medal, it neither looks like gold nor does it bear any of the hallmark ornamental elements of a prize medal. Three swings, three misses.

The concept is neat, but sacrificing at least one of the three ambigram angles of the design would have given them much more room to explore the remainder.

Ultimately I don't think it successfully captures anything about the identity of Paris or even France in general.

EDIT: Also, Marianne is sometimes depicted with laurels (an extremely common element in medal design) in her hair. Their inclusion could have very strongly reinforced both the medal and Marianne angles without conflicting with the flame angle at all. Big whiff.

Last edited:

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome logo, perfect for Paris

Is it a knee jerk reaction to shit on Olympic logo reveals? People have mocked them as far back as I can remember.

London DOES suck though

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually really like it
1099.jpg

lulz

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
London was bizarre but it's at least more of a distinct mark than this. This looks like they got it on Fiverr.

Arebours

Oct 27, 2017
i like the london logo. the eiffel 2024 logo looks like the most cookie cutter sports event logo ever. Not sure I like this one. it's bit deviantart-ish.

addik

Oct 28, 2017
Saw something on Twitter, slight Fleabag Season 2 spoilers though:

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Too much of one and not the other. Concept is good but execution is lacking.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The Marianne and gold medal is all a real stretch when you're trying to shove it all together. Don't think it does either France or the Olympics any justice. I do not dig this.

G.O.O.

Oct 26, 2017
As a French, I have to say I like the fact that Marianne is used as a symbol rather than the Eiffel tower (which *is* boring) or that fucking horrible rooster we used for the 1998 world cup

I mean seriously

H2LxjJ4.jpg

Steiner_Zi

Oct 28, 2017
Athens 2004 remains the best, classy and simple without trying to be edgy. Beijing 2008 is also a good one.

The 2004 Olympic Games emblem was a wreath made from an olive tree branch, or kotinos. This is a reference to the ancient Olympic Games, where the kotinos was the official award of Olympic champions.
athens_2004_logo_2953.gif

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
So it's supposed to symbolize the Olympic flame and the empowerment of women? I dig it