Votes: 14 11.5%
  • Neji

Votes: 108 88.5%

• Total voters

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
main-qimg-c5569767e2e83199b0cc6b4b8577bb7f-lq

Sasuke and Neji are parallels to each other and come from famed clans and are prodigies. So had they fought in part 1, who would have won and why?

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Neji no doubt if Sasuke doesn't has the curse mark

Lee beat Sasuke and he always lost to Neji

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
No curse mark Sasuke would have gotten bodied. Naruto had to come save him from Gaara after beating Neji.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
It's obviously Neji.

Source: a guy in school made me play a Naruto game once and I think Neji was better

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017
Neji stomps. Pre-mark Sauce got no-diff'd by weighted Rock Lee at that point and Neji was even stronger. Is this how you do this?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I watched like two dozen episodes of Naruto and the best part of the entire show was Sasuke asking Naruto for help on his homework.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
I mean this is Sasuke with Chidori

Also could Neji take the gates though?
I may be misremembering but wasn't Neji's rotation equally clashing with Naruto juiced up with Nine Tails chakra(albeit not with any tails)? If he can block that, he could block the chidori if he's on his guard. Especially if Sasuke is just going to run into him in a straight line like with Gaara.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Am I the only one who thought Neji was supposed to be dominant (Rock's never beat him and he's the best of his age) and then he just became sort of a disappointment as the series went on? Granted there was power creep but geez.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Sasuke gets his ass beat.

Well, what would really happen is that they'd give him some sharingan bullshit ("omg he just opened up his partial mangekyo sharingan the byakugan stands no chance against this advanced shinobi technique!!!!") and he'd squeak by.

Am I the only one who thought Neji was supposed to be dominant (Rock's never beat him and he's the best of his age) and then he just became sort of a disappointment as the series went on? Granted there was power creep but geez.

Giving ZERO BUFFS to the byakugan is such a dumb decision. Like what are Neji and Hinata supposed to do when the Uchihas can summons mechazords out of their eyeballs?

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sasuke only has the Chidori as his real advantage, and Neji can prevent that with the Gentle Fist. So the fight is heavily in favor of Neji.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

They made him the only Jonin and everything yet he still ain't do shit, tragic way to treat what used to be my favorite

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017
Bakugan: You can see chakra points and have x-ray vision
Sharingan: You can see minute body motions, cast illusions, call forth black fire that burns everything, as well as summon a mecha suit. Also you get one BS ability that can range from permanent brainwashing to literally distorting reality. Also you can upgrade your eyes to Rinnengan (God eyes) by using Senju chakra and still keep your previous abilities.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
call forth black fire that burns everything, as well as summon a mecha suit. Also you get one BS ability that can range from permanent brainwashing to literally distorting reality. Also you can upgrade your eyes to Rinnengan (God eyes) by using Senju chakra and still keep your previous abilities.
That's cool and everything, but Part 1 Sasuke ain't doing all this.

Lebron

Oct 30, 2017
Sasuke was about to get murdered by Rock Lee (with the weights on) in the hallway

Neji would drop him

Flame Flamey

Feb 8, 2018
I dont remember; did Neji get a 1v1 fight in Part II? I recall his dad getting Edo Tensei'd, but that might have been an anime addition. Neji losing relevance so much in Part II is a shame

Suichimo

Mar 17, 2021
During the same time frame that Naruto fought Neji, Sasuke takes this. Sasuke would be much faster than Neji and his taijutsu has improved dramatically from when he and Lee had their small fight. On top of this, if Sasuke uses it, the Chidori is an attack that boosts speed and penetration.

Yeah, Sasuke wins.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Sharingan: You can see minute body motions, cast illusions, call forth black fire that burns everything, as well as summon a mecha suit. Also you get one BS ability that can range from permanent brainwashing to literally distorting reality. Also you can upgrade your eyes to Rinnengan (God eyes) by using Senju chakra and still keep your previous abilities.
That's great, so when did he do this during the chunin exams?

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
Neji during an on-screen fight against a main character? Pack him up, he's already dead.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
In theory Neji. He more or less had HnK powers but rarely got to use them. He killed Kidomaru (that spider guy) in one attack with them, and Neji was half dead at the time. The whole chakra sealing pressure point pokes is a flex. If someone with the Byakugan doesn't want to bother with it, they just place chakra into your system and explode your organs.

But in practice Sasuke will win somehow, I dunno.

daschysta

Mar 24, 2019
Is this pre or post chidori training with Kakashi? He went from being stomped by Lee to beating gaara after that. Post chidori Sasuke stands a good chance. After that training he was as fast or faster than Lee, and lee admitted that Sasuke had copied his taijutsu after seeing it. Chidori is a stronger Jutsu than Neji could handle at the time. Only hope is Sasuke jobbing and letting Neji close hos Chakra off during some early clash.

main-qimg-e6d1258144f76a754363f234edaed05c-lq

main-qimg-3beecbb6bc36f9072ba260f0394f0006-lq

Last edited:

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
Nah. I was just pointing out how Kishimoto did the Byakugan dirty.

It's weird because at the point of introduction, the Sharingan is figured as being a derivative of the Byakugan. And like, it makes sense within the initial framework of the series - the idea being it's a further mutation that changed the focus of its analytical abilities, the Sharingan being more optimised to know an opponent's abilities in depth, the Byakugan focusing on physical space. But as Sasuke's role in the story escalates, what the Sharingan is capable of escalates, and it's then framed as an opposite versus the Rinnegan instead. So the Byakugan just gets left behind not only in material importance, but also as a vestigial piece of worldbuilding - and no, the Tenseigan shit doesn't really help

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Neji would DESTROY that boy.
Premise of the thread is part 1. Neji clears Sasuke at that time. He was the strongest of the leaf genin outside of the transformations Naruto and Sasuke could use.