• Frostmourne

Votes: 60 15.7%
  • The Crucible

Votes: 28 7.3%
  • Soul Reaver

Votes: 26 6.8%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
Okay since there were so many people complaining about certain omissions I decided to create a sequel to the previous thread. Vote here if you haven't. Here are the most popular requests that people had and a few others I wanted to include.

I'll probably have a final round where I take the top 3 from both threads and we can pit them head to head.

Gunblade

Moonlight Greatsword

dark_moon_greatsword_weapon_elden_ring_wiki_guide_200px.png

Frostmourne

latest

The Crucible

Soul Reaver

legacy-of-kain-soul-reaver-sword.png

Out of these the decision is easy. It's the gunblade. IMO the coolest looking FF sword, and probably the coolest looking video game sword full stop.

onibirdo

Dec 9, 2020
Ah, you were at my side all along. My true mentor. My guiding moonlight.

Last edited:

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
My brain read that as Soul Edge, so I was going to say that but it was in the earlier one.

I guess the Moonlight Sword is a running thing at this point and, more importantly, i recognise it. So that.

El_Dabrah

Feb 18, 2024
Is this thread just to make some of replies in the previous thread feel better? Out of these it is Moonlight. The Crucible is cool looking, though I have no clue what game it is from.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
It should be noted that the Soul Reaver is also a lightsaber

Defiance-Fankit-Character-Raziel.jpg

It's also (LoK spoilers) the vampire attached to the lightsaber.

Oct 27, 2017
Out of these I like the Soul Reaver best. The other three are okay and I have always found the gunblade to be fucking goofy.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
The gunblade was a ridiculous design back in 1999 and its a ridiculous design now. Ridiculous does not equal cool.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Who is voting for the Gunblade. That weapon has never made any sense. Absolutely impractical... but cool nonetheless.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
I saw Gunblade on the poll, voted for it, and barely even processed what the other options are. They're all probably weak by comparison.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Need part 3 for Red Queen. They even ripped it off in Rebirth and made a Green Queen.

I will vote for Soul Reaver I suppose

Popoirandi

Feb 25, 2024
The gun blade always looked too dumb to be cool to me. Even as a kid I was just like "this is some cartoon nonsense". Moonlight sword is neat, it's blue and all. Frostmourne is one of those over-designed dumb looking fantasy weapons that I'm glad have fallen out of favour. Crucible is neat enough I guess. The soul reaver is probably my favourite of the ones listed because wavy flamberges aren't super common in fiction.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
And I am not your enemy, not your destroyer. I am, as before, your right hand. Your sword.

I know it doesn't have a chance, but Soul Reaver is an easy choice for me. Those that know know.

goflyakite

Jul 21, 2023
The Keyblade came to my mind first.

Out of those options I guess the Crucible looks the coolest.

ChemicalWorld

"This guy are sick"
Dec 6, 2017
Anything but the Gunblade. Can't look at that weapon without seeing Squall moping like a twat...

DarthKamen

Keeper of the White Materia
Jun 22, 2023

XaosWolf

One Winged Slayer - Powered by Friendship™
Oct 27, 2017
I voted for the Soul Reaver but not its boring physical form.

On a similar note I can't believe the lame Squall gunblade is winning when we have far better ones now:
u03aow6zr5131.png

Daddy JeanPi

Prophet of Truth that's Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Again, i love Final Fantasy but the gunblade is very stupid looking, as is the buster sword imo.

Ry.

AVALANCHE
Oct 10, 2021
the planet Zebes
When the gunblade was first shown it was the coolest damn thing ever. I do love the moonlight great sword however, and its associated legacy through so many games.

Hard choices, but I'm going to let nostalgia for how much I loved that gunblade as a kid win out this time.

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy how the OP couldn't even move the top three most popular swords from Part 1 over to this new poll. Make the FF fanboys pledge their loyalty.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
They put the Moonlight Greatsword in there and that's generic af

Is it generic af? Bloodborne's version looks like its made out of swirling nebula when powered up, but kind of has a cool gradient and engraving.
I must have missed a lot of games that have something like that (I don't think Elder Scrolls glass swords look anywhere near as good). Part of it was how well they revealed it with Ludwig though, doing a whole lot of work.

I think presentation and how its used in game are more important than a screenshot of a model or concept art. If id played FF7 Remake isolated from the original game id feel basically nothing for the buster sword if most of the game cloud isn't even equipped with it.

Last edited:

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
It always bothered me that so few people in FFVIII seem to use Gunblades (Cid even remarks that not many people use them anymore). Come on, we all know 99% of people going be going for it if it was real.