• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Also, my hopes of playing Blood and Wine in French banished, since I'm locked with the languages supported on my region (Eng, Chinese & Korean).

Well I still wish you people enjoy the patch anyway and congratulations to Saber and CDPR for bringing the players exactly what they were asking for I guess.
They didn't fix this?! Damn, that was my most wanted thing... Now I'm seriously bummed. I wanna play in Portuguese because of my girlfriend, who loves the Netflix series, but the pricing in Brazil is ridiculous (~80 USD), while it costs 38 USD in the Swedish eShop, for example.

Well there may be still hope for you? "Additional voice-over languages, added as free DLCs in selected regions, will follow later. " (from the patch notes)

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
So if I understand this correctly there's no visual improvement until you start tweaking with the new options ? Could have sworn the game was looking smoother when I started playing after the patch, but it must have just been placebo effect.

Nah, the patch notes confirmed they've also made some performance enhancements. Very exciting patch, and great stuff from Saber.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
So if I understand this correctly there's no visual improvement until you start tweaking with the new options ? Could have sworn the game was looking smoother when I started playing after the patch, but it must have just been placebo effect.
From the notes (separate from the new graphics settings):
  • Added multiple performance optimizations.
  • Fixed various visual and functional bugs

Bomi-Chan

Nov 8, 2017
i cant believe it that out of all it is actually nintendo being so open about their saves and using stuff from other platforms.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Are the visuals improved without touching the new options? Need to know so I can make a proper comparison.

Soul Lab

Nov 17, 2017
I caved and bought it.
Oh well I'm happy to support this kinda stuff.
Cross saves did it for me

Sep 12, 2018
Playing it now, absolutely seamless transition from Steam to Switch, although I wished it would have fixed a couple of bugged early game side quests haha

patientx

Oct 26, 2017
to get patch on for the us main : open up the game once with your eu (I have a total of 5 accounts , my main is from 3ds era and it is US while others include JP, norway, france ...) account , don't even need to enter menu. just quit to main screen and check for update. It starts updating.

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
There was a video that showed the difference between regular Witcher 3 on switch, and the hacked version modifying various settings, most which I think are now available in this version. The video showed how to change the settings to get the best result. Anyone remember how the settings were set? Or have that video?

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
So is it possible to upload your switch save back to PC as well? It seems unclear if it's like Divinity, or if it's something just like Warframe.
so... has anyone figured out the best settings?
That's the point of graphical settings, there's no "best" settings, just the ones you prefer :p

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
I have a long plane trip in a month. I had no intention of playing this Switch version, much less buying it.
But with Crossplay support with PC - and having ample hard drive space on my Switch - I'm seriously considering purchasing this title digitally.

Amazing.

Soul Lab

Nov 17, 2017
So is it possible to upload your switch save back to PC as well? It seems unclear if it's like Divinity, or if it's something just like Warframe.

That's the point of graphical settings, there's no "best" settings, just the ones you prefer :p
yea yea i know :P
I should have phrased it differently. ^^

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Cross save stuff sounds amazing. Had I not already played through The Witcher 3, I would totally be in for this. Playing it on my PC, cranked up was great, but having the convenience of playing a game in bed is such a nice benefit.

Dec 2, 2019
AA on

EREC4kzUYAAeypi.jpg

AA off

EREC4lKVAAM_eHA.jpg

Plum

May 31, 2018
My younger self was such a fucking idiot

I've been looking for half an hour trying to find the old external HDD I had to store my save backups on and I can't find anything! If I can't find that then I've lost this save alongside a whole bunch of others :(

Starviper

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Incredible. I actually have a reason to buy the switch version now... I wasn't keen on replaying the entire game but if I can carry my save... Hmmmmm...

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
Here's the video from a couple months back that show the improved graphics with the settings adjusted similar to what we now have available. People can use this to adjust their own settings.

Looks like getting rid of blur and bloom also helps

Their settings are:
Motion Blur-Off
Blur-Off
Bloom-Off
AA-Off
Sharpening-High

www.youtube.com

The Witcher 3 - (Nintendo Switch) - Enhanced Settings Mod - No Antialiasing

Curioso mod que permite desactivar el, para muchos, molesto antialiasing ademas de otros efectos de desenfoque. Los resultados son increilbes.Fantastic mod t...

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
this...may be what pushes me to get the Witcher 3 on my Switch lol. Wish all games accepted cross saving.

I want to finish the game. But its hard enough for me to sit for long periods to finish the game.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
The high Sharpening creates very thin visible outlines that give the game an almost (even more) stylized look. This kind of makes it feel even more like it's "own" thing compared to the other console versions instead of a straight up technically inferior - but still very impressive - port.

I just ran through Novigrad for testing out different settings and thought that visually, it looked almost like a mix between Witcher 3 and Thronebreaker at times