• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Soderlund was the one who popularized Fifa's Ultimate Team and pushed the lootbox mechanics. I'm interested in seeing the kind of monetization this game will have...

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks okay? Nothing that gets me standing out of my seat, but at least slightly better art direction than Anthem.

Feb 10, 2018
An update on Embark Studio by Patrick Söderlund. You might remember Söderlund from articles last year about him leaving EA after they gave him 20 million in 2017 as an incentive to stay working with them.

https://medium.com/embarkstudios/an...UjcIwmtdGFD8fUJZFdsh_jLesjkcSBDMwd5UZoffa9Lao

Article goes into more detail on the studio philosophy and touches on their game.

Their project is described as "a cooperative free-to-play action game set in a distant future, about overcoming seemingly impossible odds by working together".

1*pZT3D8OuYSRXoXauXCEmVA.jpeg

It does not look to much better then RDR2 environments, which is no bad thing.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Free, co-op, sci-fi?

Edit: Good God why did it include all that with the gif lol.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
The tech looks amazing, but reading "f2p coop action game" I immediately think of something like Destiny and assume, since it's f2p, they'll go for a "gaas" model to make money off it.

Still hope it's more than that though.