• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sober

Oct 25, 2017
East is 4 days now so i feel less obligated to stay for the whole thing sadly. Wish I knew what the panels were in advance so I could grab the days I want instead of gambling.

Screaming_Gremlin

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Got through really easy this year. Luckily had my phone in my hand when the twitter alert went out.

I am just staying Thursday - Saturday. Was able to get the Westin Waterfront as well.

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Broke as a joke but a friend bought pairs for Sat and Sun and offered to sell me one of them closer to the show day. :)

Last year I tried to do too much on the one day I went and kinda stressed myself out. I also accidentally threw my debit card in the trash at one point, which was actually a god send because I had already spent too much money and probably would have kept going.

OP
OP
krae_man

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I was considering going but I think I'm going to pass. After going to 7 West's in a row, I think I'm all PAXed out. I want to do something else with my vacation budget. I don't know what that other thing is yet, but I know it's not another PAX.

If the hotels weren't over $200US plus fees/taxes. I paid less for my hotel for PSX 2 years ago in San Francisco.

Raegal

Oct 25, 2017
Just got them all. Too bad there are no all days passes anymore to lessen the cost, but at least the race to get the few of those that existed is gone.

rezn0r

Oct 25, 2017
Grabbed Friday & Saturday passes. Pretty excited. Friday can be for paying attention to things, Saturday is for being a drunk fucking idiot

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
Got 4 badges, Saturday only. One of those is for my brother as a Christmas present, the other two are for friends. Wasn't able to go last year because the badges sold out so fast.

This year I was smart about it, though. I had the Twitter pages for PAX East send me push notifications. As soon as I got the ticket notification, I went straight to the site and entered the queue.

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
This year I was smart about it, though. I had the Twitter pages for PAX East send me push notifications. As soon as I got the ticket notification, I went straight to the site and entered the queue.

Yup, that's exactly what I did last year and this year. No more fumbling around with pax checker applications that ended up being slower than following twitter.

Oct 25, 2017
Just found out about this.

On the fence whether to go to this, considering it's $53 per day now, and then flight and hotels adding to that.

Not to mention I went to both East AND West (Prime) AND E3 this year.

Either way, I just really hope it's not freezing this time.

Last edited:

Edwardo

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
Got passes for Fri and Sat. Kind of want to do a third day, but idk.

Also considering a hotel, but they are def pricey and idk if anything close is left.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Got my Friday - Sunday badges and a hotel room right by the convention center at the Aloft! Going for the first time since PAX East 3! Super excited.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Going thursday, friday this year with several friends. Been there every year except the first, I think. Really excited, always great to have friends from all over crash at my place for the duration and we just bus into Boston.

Sober

Oct 25, 2017
Girlfriend and I will have badges for Saturday and Sunday! We also plan to stay an extra day or so to try the seafood. She loves seafood lol

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
4 days of badges purchased for my girlfriend and I as well. This'll be my 8th PAX East, and her 3rd. Always love going every year. My friends who recently moved away from Boston are coming back for the weekend too, so the extra day will be fantastic for catching up :)

Dr J

Oct 27, 2017
Girlfriend and I will have badges for Saturday and Sunday! We also plan to stay an extra day or so to try the seafood. She loves seafood lol

You should try Neptune's oyster in the North end (great lobster roll) or Island Creek Oyster Bar near Kenmore station or Row 34 near the convention center.

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
You should try Neptune's oyster in the North end (great lobster roll) or Island Creek Oyster Bar near Kenmore station or Row 34 near the convention center.

Seconding this, totally do Row 34 for seafood. Unreal oysters (same owners as Island Creek Oyster Bar), and it's wicked close to the convention center in Seaport. I recommend getting a reservation a couple months in advance, but it's worth it. One of my favorite meals in Boston.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
Pass this year. I can only go sat+sun and I'm not gonna go just Sunday. It's also too crowded and turned into a giant merch booth (used to be you got shirts + swag for free). Couldn't believe there was an hour+ line to buy shit from the Blizz booth, all of that stuff save for 1 or 2 things is available on their website.

I might try PAX south and/or Unplugged for 2018. Or PSX.

MattB

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going thrusday Friday and Sunday. Saturday sucked last year wayyyyy to crowded.

ohkay

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Seconding this, totally do Row 34 for seafood. Unreal oysters (same owners as Island Creek Oyster Bar), and it's wicked close to the convention center in Seaport. I recommend getting a reservation a couple months in advance, but it's worth it. One of my favorite meals in Boston.
I always go there for my first real meal in Boston and it's always been solid

dantevsninjas

Oct 27, 2017
I had the Twitter alert set an everything, but somehow never got notified, and totally forgot about this because I was deathly ill last week. Managed to get tickets for Thursday, Friday, & Sunday, but Saturday was sold out. Consequently, if anyone happens to wind up with an extra Saturday ticket, I'd gladly purchase it from you.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, completely missed this. Honestly I was thinking of going to Pax Prime next year instead of East anyway, so this cements it.

East was fun but the show floor was absurdly packed and any large booth (Nintendo, Dauntless, Absolver, Quake Champions) had stupid-long wait times.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Perfect timing~ I secured my plans to stay on the east coast for next year 2 days before tickets went up... grabbed Saturday and Sunday!