• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
New trailer:

New titles include:
- Tengai Makyou II: Manji Maru (PC Engine Mini ONLY along with Tokimeki Memorial)
- Dragon Spirit
- The Genji and the Heike Clans (thanks Gematsu)
- Spirit Warrior Spriggan
- Spriggan Mark2
- Galaga '88
- Splatterhouse
- The Legend of Valkyrie

PCE lineup updated:
Screenshot_20190808-1315122.png

Screenshot_20190808-1315222.png

Differences for each product:
Screenshot_20190808-1318272.png

Edit:
57 games in total for the other regional versions below.
TurboGrafx 16 Mini trailer:

PC Engine Core Grafx Mini trailer:

Edit:
m2 confirmed to be making this, what a world, what a world (update that title!)

Last edited:

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's curious that Splatterhouse 1 is excluded from the T-16. I've been thinking lately that with how much Genesis stuff is out there via collections, I may cancel my order for that mini and get this one instead.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I thought we knew Galaga '88 (aka Galaga '90) was coming, because I remember being incredibly excited for it.

I really like the whole "every region gets every game" thing, but I can understand how licensing could prevent some games from releasing in some territories. At least they made smart substitutions (though I feel a little bad that we have some Japan exclusive games like Salamander, but Japan doesn't).

EXCUSE ME IS THAT A FUCKING SWASTIKA
No, it's Level 3 from The Legend of Zelda

(That's actually the only way I remember which one is a manji and which one is a swastika lol.)

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I already had the core grafx model preordered, since I prefer that one and I didn't want Tokimeki Memorial. I guess I have to change now. I'm not missing out on Tengai Makyou 2.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone ever fab translated tokimeki or legend of the far east ?

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Apologies ahead as I'm sure it comes up every time, but any confirmation if M2 is doing this or not?

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Was nice that amazon finally let me ship a PCE mini here.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
So this is kind of the "Namco finally got back to us" update. :P

I actually thought the previous list was the final lineup, so yeah, I'll take another seven or eight games on top of that. Always wanted to play Legend of Valkyrie.

Weird that they didn't put Tengai Makyou on the western release, it's not like being fully untranslated stopped them from including Snatcher or Necromancer. So the west gets Salamander and TG-16 Splatterhouse, while JPN gets Tokimeki, Tengai Makyou, and PCE Splatterhouse.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
So the English titles that are both on the US / EU version of the PC Engine are also available in English on the Japanese one. Or just in Japanese? I'm a bit confused here. The console is just USB powered after all, which is why I'm thinking of perhaps importing the Japanese PC Engine. Or would that be a problem?

Takuhi

Oct 27, 2017
It's curious that Splatterhouse 1 is excluded from the T-16. I've been thinking lately that with how much Genesis stuff is out there via collections, I may cancel my order for that mini and get this one instead.
It is on the tg16. I made the same mistake of thinking the 2 in the footnote meant it was Splatterhouse 2.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe how many of these microconsoles I'm amassing. I thought I was done after the NES, SNES, and RetroPie. Add in a PS1 and Genesis, here I am about to preorder the TG16. :P

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
So the English titles that are both on the US / EU version of the PC Engine are also available in English on the Japanese one. Or just in Japanese? I'm a bit confused here. The console is just USB powered after all, which is why I'm thinking of perhaps importing the Japanese PC Engine. Or would that be a problem?

It depends on the game--most games barely have any text to begin with and a lot of them were mostly or entirely in English even in Japan.

Snatcher, Tokimeki Memorial, Tengai Makyou, Momotaro Dentetsu and one or two others are Japanese-only and pretty much worthless if you can't read the text.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
It depends on the game--most games barely have any text to begin with and a lot of them were mostly or entirely in English even in Japan.

Snatcher, Tokimeki Memorial, Tengai Makyou, Momotaro Dentetsu and one or two others are Japanese-only and pretty much worthless if you can't read the text.

Yeah, I know about the Japanese-only (I'm not fluent, but can read a big chunk) ones also being available on the US / EU consoles. I was just curious about the English-only titles since it surprised me to see Ys I & II only in English on the PC Engine mini. I guess outside some minor lineup differences, the biggest one will be the language(s) the UI of the console will be displayed at.

Tamazoid

Oct 28, 2017
Still waiting to hear if they are going to bother releasing this in Australia. Still nothing on Australian Amazon.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Are these up for preorder anywhere? Aren't they an Amazon JP exclusive or something weird like that?

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Are these up for preorder anywhere? Aren't they an Amazon JP exclusive or something weird like that?

Available for pre-order on Amazon JP, US, UK, France and Italy. No other countries have been mentioned or announced yet. But they make it sound like that those will be the only ones where you can pre-order one. Amazon JP has all 3 models.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I know about the Japanese-only (I'm not fluent, but can read a big chunk) ones also being available on the US / EU consoles. I was just curious about the English-only titles since it surprised me to see Ys I & II only in English on the PC Engine mini. I guess outside some minor lineup differences, the biggest one will be the language(s) the UI of the console will be displayed at.

Both versions of Ys 1&2 are there, Japanese and English. They did that for a few games, and in Ys' case it's because they made changes to the actual game beyond just translating the text, so I guess they wanted to let people compare them.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Both versions of Ys 1&2 are there, Japanese and English. They did that for a few games, and in Ys' case it's because they made changes to the actual game beyond just translating the text, so I guess they wanted to let people compare them.

Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks for pointing that out. That's super neat!

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
Tengai Makyo 2 Manji Maru was how me and brother learned Japanese. That was THE JRPG for us back in the day for PC Engine. Played through the whole game with a crappy Japanese to English dictionary in hand together.

Good times.

CloudCircus

Dec 9, 2017
Apparently they are just leaving the Japanese version of Snatcher in for the overseas releases. Is that true?