Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Still recovering from back surgery (I'm going to be laid up most likely for months). Have a good PC setup, using it to stream to my Shield in my bedroom with a wall mounted 4k TV. Needs to be controller enabled and easy to play. Played all of Shadow of the Tomb Raider, had fun with that. I'm used to KB+M for the FPS games and I really don't want to do a lapdesk thing from bed.

How's A Plague Tale? I think the 3rd person RPGs and other similar games that control well with the Shield game pad will be good to distract me from my back pain.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
I assume that means you have a ton of time. I would still recommend something like Divinity: Original Sin 2 with controller. It's usually played with KB/M but I've played it with controllers (even on Switch) and it plays great. And because it's turn-based, you don't need to do sudden actions or get somehow stressed.
And it's a game where you can sink in many many hours.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing Witcher 3 streamed to my iPad, it plays great! Plague Tale is a great game and probably well suited for streaming. I recently played Heaven's Vault streaming if you're looking for something more casual, and also Final Fantasy 14 which works very well with a controller. How about XCOM2 or AC Odyssey?

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
store.steampowered.com

Stardew Valley on Steam

You've inherited your grandfather's old farm plot in Stardew Valley. Armed with hand-me-down tools and a few coins, you set out to begin your new life. Can you learn to live off the land and turn these overgrown fields into a thriving home?

OP
OP
Wag

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
I assume that means you have a ton of time. I would still recommend something like Divinity: Original Sin 2 with controller. It's usually played with KB/M but I've played it with controllers (even on Switch) and it plays great. And because it's turn-based, you don't need to do sudden actions or get somehow stressed.
And it's a game where you can sink in many many hours.
I tried playing it with controller but just couldn't do it after playing with a keyboard.

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
Plague Tale is fine with a controller. No issues there. I know you said easy to play but I recommend Sekiro. It is difficult but so satisfying. Also plays great with a controller, it's preferable in fact. Also if you have not, try the rest of the Souls series. They're not easy but are great games, each and every one - also made for controllers.
You could also try the Yakuza games, of which three have already been release for PC - starting with Yakuza 0, then Kiwami and Kiwami 2.
If you like side scrollers, you could try Dead Cells, it is excellent.
These are just a few off the top of my head but I can come up with more if you would let us know what kinds of games you prefer.

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
I recently revisited some of the Arkham games, and they're still pretty great. If you like racing games I can't recommend Forza Horizon 4 enough (great for listening to podcasts too). I'll echo the recs for Witcher 3 and the Yakuza games as well.

ReCross

Oct 25, 2017
Temtem is perfect. I use steam link + a controller all the time whenever I lie down when my back starts to hurt.

XCOM 2 is also highly recommended.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Gears 5 was pretty fun to play with controller on PC. It handles perfectly on controller and looks amazing in 4K on PC.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Slay The Spire
XCOM 2
FTL: Faster Than Light
Disco Elysium (but it's text heavy so may not be so readable on a TV that you're at a distance from)

OP
OP
Wag

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
I am playing Slay the Spire right now.

I also am playing Yakuza 0 t's not really for me. I'm not big into the fighting part of it, I have some tendinitis so it's a little bit hard on my hands.

I think I will renew my Gamepass PC subscription so I can try some more games out.

I am gamestreaming installed games from my PC, not using Geforce Now.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
If I was in that position, I'd personally want to play a slow-paced, engrossing strategy game. Something like Civilization or Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

Azel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Last year I had a big fall and got an AC joint separation in my shoulder, and was laid up for a few months. My advice is find your junk food game, find the game where you can turn off your brain for hours to pass the time. I love the Far Cry formula; New Dawn had just come out, and man that game was like comfort food for me. Grind and zone out, find that game for you.

Angelo

Aug 24, 2018
Came to say Stardew Valley since it's very relaxing. VNs are also nice but i'm not entirely sure if it's your cup of tea or not, and if text will be readable or not.

Hope you recover soon!

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't anything back related but I spent nearly a month sick and a good week - 2 weeks of that was me gaming from bed on my TV. During that time I played:

Telltale style adventure games
Final Fantasy games (though a few have an annoying launcher)
Chrono Trigger
Dead Cells

off the top of my head.

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
I am playing Slay the Spire right now.

I also am playing Yakuza 0 t's not really for me. I'm not big into the fighting part of it, I have some tendinitis so it's a little bit hard on my hands.

I think I will renew my Gamepass PC subscription so I can try some more games out.

I am gamestreaming installed games from my PC, not using Geforce Now.
If you're getting PC Gamepass, boot up Wandersong. It's a cute story-driven game about an unflappably purehearted and optimistic bard traveling the world to learn the song that can stop the world from ending. The bard's interactions with the other characters always makes me smile. It'll be very easy on your hands too. Give it five minutes and see if it charms you.

o01KjfU.gif