Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
No, it's just owners of these clubs being greedy as fuck.

As someone who knows nothing about football/soccer, I'm trying to parse this (those articles really leave out a lot of details that seem to be assumed that the reading audience would know)....how close is this interpretation:
- Unlike American sports, there are different football leagues, and you have to win enough in your own league to be able to qualify for the higher tier leagues
- they are proposing a change to this by trying to make it more like American sports, where there's just a bunch of teams that are all part of one league and everyone plays everyone and then at the end a final seasonal winner is crowned (after some playoffs?)
- People are pissed because this seems like a move that was just done to make it so that the weaker teams will play the bigger teams more often (whereas they wouldn't have at all in a lot of cases), so people will pay more to go to those games? Or is it about artificially lengthening the seasons with more games so there's more tickets to sell?
- People are also pissed because they liked having it the original way where there could be teams that were from lesser leagues having cinderella stories of doing really well and making it up to the bigger leagues by doing really well, and this new way of organizing things just puts everyone in a giant blob. Also, all the good clubs will just continually dominate the weaker clubs over and over and who wants to watch that?

How far off am I?

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who knows nothing about football/soccer, I'm trying to parse this (those articles really leave out a lot of details that seem to be assumed that the reading audience would know)....how close is this interpretation:
- Unlike American sports, there are different football leagues, and you have to win enough in your own league to be able to qualify for the higher tier leagues
- they are proposing a change to this by trying to make it more like American sports, where there's just a bunch of teams that are all part of one league and everyone plays everyone and then at the end a final seasonal winner is crowned (after some playoffs?)
- People are pissed because this seems like a move that was just done to make it so that the weaker teams will play the bigger teams more often (whereas they wouldn't have at all in a lot of cases), so people will pay more to go to those games? Or is it about artificially lengthening the seasons with more games so there's more tickets to sell?
- People are also pissed because they liked having it the original way where there could be teams that were from lesser leagues having cinderella stories of doing really well and making it up to the bigger leagues by doing really well, and this new way of organizing things just puts everyone in a giant blob. Also, all the good clubs will just continually dominate the weaker clubs over and over and who wants to watch that?

How far off am I?
There is currently a "Merit process" to get into the higher tier of European Football: Champions League by getting into top positions in your domestic league.

The richest teams dont like the risk of a process they have continuously rigged to be unlikely to miss the Champions League (including the new format were they added clauses for rich teams to get there even if they underperform one year) plus want more money from the cut, so they are creating their own Champions League (with blackjack and hookers).

People are pissed because the rich teams will get richer even if they are not the best teams (including fucking Arsenal or Tottenham, which arent even top 6 teams in their domestic league RIGHT NOW) while becoming insulated to the general "dangers of football" such as relegation (or underperformance risk that harms them) while the lower teams will still have that risk with the added insult of having am uch less likely path to "top league".

The creation of the Super League will also mean that most of the money of football will move towards that superleague while the domestic leagues (which is were most of the football money was made from) will get less money, so a transfer of wealth from the poorer teams to the rich teams.
The destruction of the Champions League will harm the general European football structure, as most of the money that props up many of the poorer countries football structure comes from solidarity funds from the CL.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Anyone have any recommendations for local coop games for me and my 5 year old?

Just played Human Fall Flat with the kids of a friend - son just turned 6 and I'm incredibly impressed by him handling the 3rd person camera like a pro already and having great intuition about how to go about solving the puzzles in a 3D space. His sister is older but also has a slightly harder time with the game so your mileage may vary.
Anyways, they both love the way the game is animated and how the characters stumble around.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

God damn

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

How far off am I?

you are very far off.

this exists so the rich get richer, and fuck everyone else. These "superleague founders" would never be able to get relegated from the superleague, no matter how shit they do, they still get their big nut every year.

Meanwhile, as it stands currently, to get into the Champions League for example (where currently the big money is), you need to place top 4 (or 3 or 2 depends on the country) in your own domestic league. Arsenal for example, a "founding member of the Superleague" because they are rich as shit, is currently NINTH in the Premier League, plays like shit, won't qualify for Champions League this year for sure...

...and yet they would be a founding team in this new horseshit, and stay there forever getting the big money, no matter how shit they are (sorry Arsenal fans).

And on your other point of smaller teams playing bigger teams more often, its the exact OPPOSITE of that, you will never again have smaller teams vs bigger teams, ebcause this inclusive league is ONLY for the big teams (or rather, the rich teams)

edit: or what eonden said

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
you are very far off.

this exists so the rich get richer, and fuck everyone else. These "superleague founders" would never be able to get relegated from the superleague, no matter how shit they do, they still get their big nut every year.

Meanwhile, as it stands currently, to get into the Champions League for example (where currently the big money is), you need to place top 4 (or 3 or 2 depends on the country) in your own domestic league. Arsenal for example, a "founding member of the Superleague" because they are rich as shit, is currently NINTH in the Premier League, plays like shit, won't qualify for Champions League this year for sure...

...and yet they would be a founding team in this new horseshit, and stay there forever getting the big money, no matter how shit they are (sorry Arsenal fans).

And on your other point of smaller teams playing bigger teams more often, its the exact OPPOSITE of that, you will never again have smaller teams vs bigger teams, ebcause this inclusive league is ONLY for the big teams (or rather, the rich teams)

edit: or what eonden said
it's funny as fuck that we're part of some "super" league

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I decided to get Oculus Quest 2, yeah i know, i know FB and other sh*t but i can't even get Quest normal way let alone Index. But as i said it is royal pain in the ass to get anything in this God forgotten country :(

On the bright side i started Gears 5, runs 4K/60 on Ultra. And damn Gears still has most satisfying reload mechanic in games.

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
Probably not the best place to ask this, but I'm tearing my hair out trying to figure out what's going on with my PC.

I've been playing FFXIV for a month or two and I keep getting screen blackouts. Sometimes it'll be once or twice a session, others it'll just keep going, sometimes up to five consecutive flickers. Once or twice it's straight up stopped outputting signal until I remove the HDMI and put it back in. I switched to full screen mode, and then when it blacked out it began causing DirectX crashes so I switched back to borderless.

Fine whatever, I dealt with it for a while. But then I started playing Horizon Zero Dawn on PC and I'm getting the same issue coupled with the crashes. I've changed HDMI cables and I'm running some OCCT scans but nothing's shown up as being a problem.

I THINK it's an issue with running my PC on my TV. I remember having similar issues when running LoL on it around 12 months ago, but I'd been playing with a monitor since then and hadn't had the issues since. Problem is I have no idea why my TV would be having issues.

Is anyone familiar with an issue like this? Can't find anything on google that really matches it.

9700k, RTX2070 Super, 32GB RAM

Kaiken

Oct 25, 2017
It's the first time I'll buy a release day multi-plat on PC (RE8) and it feels a bit strange. Am I making the right choice with a 5600x and 3070?

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
Could someone recommend me some games based off of what I typed here?

www.resetera.com

Based on the website Steam 250: What are your favorite characteristics/genres/etc. in video games? What traits are you looking for? List and summarize

Based off of this website here: https://club.steam250.com/ranking/custom I decided to list the traits/characteristics/genres/etc. of video games that I like from Steam 250, though I understand it's not a complete list, despite how extensive it is and a lot of it is vague and it only means...

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Probably not the best place to ask this, but I'm tearing my hair out trying to figure out what's going on with my PC.

I've been playing FFXIV for a month or two and I keep getting screen blackouts. Sometimes it'll be once or twice a session, others it'll just keep going, sometimes up to five consecutive flickers. Once or twice it's straight up stopped outputting signal until I remove the HDMI and put it back in. I switched to full screen mode, and then when it blacked out it began causing DirectX crashes so I switched back to borderless.

Fine whatever, I dealt with it for a while. But then I started playing Horizon Zero Dawn on PC and I'm getting the same issue coupled with the crashes. I've changed HDMI cables and I'm running some OCCT scans but nothing's shown up as being a problem.

I THINK it's an issue with running my PC on my TV. I remember having similar issues when running LoL on it around 12 months ago, but I'd been playing with a monitor since then and hadn't had the issues since. Problem is I have no idea why my TV would be having issues.

Is anyone familiar with an issue like this? Can't find anything on google that really matches it.

9700k, RTX2070 Super, 32GB RAM

Long shot, but are is your TV VRR compatible, and do you have Gsync enabled in the Nvidia options?

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Sony paying $7.5m ATL marketing + (unkown amount of BTL) to delay PC version of Iceborne DLC.

Easy money for Capcom I guess.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
TIL that DQB2 save file are encrypted in a way that ties the save to the PC (even an OS reinstall voids the save files) and the only way to import a save file and get past the game breaking bug after the tutorial (save stuck on an endless loop) is to import a NSW save after asking for help on Reddit.

Square Enix and KT combo is the foulest shit imaginable

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Bought Stranger's Wrath on steam a week or two ago because of Soulstorm hype and super annoying it never got patched with full subtitles like the console versions did according to google. Alas

Last edited:

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
nier 2 in global top sellers and SE will learn nothing from it
Not porting TLR Remastered was clearly the right choice. These sales would not have been possible otherwise.

Square Enix knows what they're doing.

Why isn't every game available on Mac? Shouldn't it be easy to do with Vulkan and stuff?
macOS doesn't support Vulkan. Ports aren't always hard per se, but it's more than just the flip of a switch.

Anyway, it doesn't happen because you have to pay for development, QA, and support, and there's not enough money in it for publishers to want to do that. Not even Blizzard, now that Activision has the reins.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Why isn't every game available on Mac? Shouldn't it be easy to do with Vulkan and stuff?

You can only use Metal (MotenVK might help tho) on Macs and you now need to go through Apple's notarization process to get each build approved even when distributing outside Mac Store.

So Mac ports are lot of work (and money). Especially with M1's coming up soonish, getting rid of x86.

Status
Not open for further replies.