Not open for further replies.
1 gift from XR.

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from XR. XR.!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

XR. said:
Oops, I thought this was Monster Train!

These are our awesome prizes:

Oct 28, 2017
England

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
After CP2077 presentation i decided to skip Corpo path, not to decide between Nomad and Street Kid XD

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Yeah nomad or street kid for sure for first playthrough; but I like the three different life paths to add some more replayability. It's gonna be hard to wait until I do my new build next summer to play Cyberpunk, but I've already decided I'm waiting to do a new build so I can play the game at the highest settings. Right now my machine could probably only handle low or medium settings. I want that ray tracing!

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Post Void is so good

it'll scratch that Hotline Miami/Devil Dagger itch

Post-Void-Headshot-Gameplay-Pistol.png

super cheap too

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1285670/Post_Void/

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Decided to play Rayman 2 on Steam. Took about 5 hours but the game has so much charm and a great ingenuity as a platform game, definitely up there with Mario 64 imo.

I think a remaster is definitely a must, but considering how short the game is, I wonder if they might just put several Layman titles together in a bundle - if Ubisoft ever decides to do it, considering Crash Bandicoot and Spyro have remakes it's only fair.

Otherwise the PC version looks mighty fine, even after 20 years:

lknnZXL.jpg

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Decided to play Rayman 2 on Steam. Took about 5 hours but the game has so much charm and a great ingenuity as a platform game, definitely up there with Mario 64 imo.

I think a remaster is definitely a must, but considering how short the game is, I wonder if they might just put several Layman titles together in a bundle - if Ubisoft ever decides to do it, considering Crash Bandicoot and Spyro have remakes it's only fair.

lknnZXL.jpg

The GOAT platformer

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
They all seem very cool options. However...

Corpo: Satsuki
Nomad: Ryuko
Street Kid: Mako

Ergo Nomad is the only real option. Eh zkylon

Nomad offers you tease of big city before you go there and i like that. Street Kid feels like default and it reminds me a lot to other open world games where you go through similar path. And corpo just isn't my style XD

Well thing is whenever it comes out it probably will be in rough state XD

Also MS is willing to take my money for OneDrive from my PayPal account that is registered in my country even though my MS account is US one but they are not willing to take my money from same PP account on same MS account on Win Store (it worked before). So now I need to find a way to buy Forza Horizon 3 Expansion Pass...

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Nomad offers you tease of big city before you go there and i like that. Street Kid feels like default and it reminds me a lot to other open world games where you go through similar path. And corpo just isn't my style XD

Well thing is whenever it comes out it probably will be in rough state XD

Also MS is willing to take my money for OneDrive from my PayPal account that is registered in my country even though my MS account is US one but they are not willing to take my money from same PP account on same MS account on Win Store (it worked before). So now I need to find a way to buy Forza Horizon 3 Expansion Pass...
Cant you buy ms store credit ala psn store?

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
playing through some of the free games in my EGS library finally. i finished yooka laylee and the impossible lair (pretty solid, except for the impossible lair itself, which is kind of just...tedium)

started celeste and it's pretty simple, finished 3 chapters of that so far.

it feels kind of crazy to look at my epic library, which is almost entirely free games (except borderlands 3) and even though i've played some of them on other pc platforms, the free library is quite extensive and full of games in my backlog that I want to play someday (batman arkham city, enter the gungeon, horace, into the breach, kingdom come deliverance, shadow tactics, Civ 6, slime rancher, subnautica, the messenger, what remains of edith finch...) and on top of that next week they're giving away remnant from the ashes

so many games so little time

Last edited:

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China

" Also, every appearing character is over 18 years old. "

Checking VNDB. One is the younger sister of the protagonist from highschool so she couldnt really be 18 unless the protagonist had to redo a whole year.
Another one is a middle school student in the game, so how can she be 18+?

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017

Patience young padawan

it feels kind of crazy to look at my epic library, which is almost entirely free games (except borderlands 3) and even though i've played some of them on other pc platforms, the free library is quite extensive and full of games in my backlog that I want to play someday (batman arkham city, enter the gungeon, horace, into the breach, kingdom come deliverance, shadow tactics, Civ 6, slime rancher, subnautica, the messenger, what remains of edith finch...) and on top of that next week they're giving away remnant from the ashes

Yeah, if you're starting out with PC gaming its an unprecedented time to gain a quality gaming library. Outside of the lack of client side services on EGS and their shitty exclusive culture, its a smart move for the long run.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

" Also, every appearing character is over 18 years old. "

Checking VNDB. One is the younger sister of the protagonist from highschool so she couldnt really be 18 unless the protagonist had to redo a whole year.
Another one is a middle school student in the game, so how can she be 18+?

You're putting too much thought it into it. They know it. Their audience knows it. They're just putting up a creepy facade.

Like even mainstream AA JPRGs have questionable ages on characters.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
You're putting too much thought it into it. They know it. Their audience knows it. They're just putting up a creepy facade.

Like even mainstream AA JPRGs have questionable ages on characters.

Nah. The thing is, why would that be allowed to change the ages of characters to be able to upload that on Steam. They are still 15 years old or what and I personally think a localization wouldnt change that.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium

lknnZXL.jpg
Sadly not purchaseable.

Might buy it on GoG though. One of my favourite games back when I was a kid, loved the gloomy atmosphere.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah. The thing is, why would that be allowed to change the ages of characters to be able to upload that on Steam. They are still 15 years old or what and I personally think a localization wouldnt change that.

I mean, yeah, nobody actually believes it. It's just for legal reasons they are saying it.

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nobody seems to be talking about There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension:

It's a funny little point and click that is trying to convince you that there's actually no game there to be played, and the game spirals in unexpected ways. Very clever and very different to almost anything else out there.

It's the expanded version of this free game jam game that's also on Steam:

And this was the glowing review in which I first heard of it: https://buried-treasure.org/2020/08/there-is-no-game-wrong-dimension/

This is 2020's Pony Island, only it dwarfs that extraordinary game in terms of scope and scale. It's hilarious, inventive, and like nothing else you've ever played.

And it's actually up to 700 or so user reviews on Steam, which means there's a little bit of an audience, which is nice to see.

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
playing through some of the free games in my EGS library finally. i finished yooka laylee and the impossible lair (pretty solid, except for the impossible lair itself, which is kind of just...tedium)

I started doing this recently, too. Edith Finch was amazing and I'm so glad I got it through the EGS giveaway or I may have never picked it up. Fired up Observer the other night; not bad so far, graphics and atmosphere are top-notch, but the voice acting is straight out of the '80s/'90s FMV era and not in a good way. Looking forward to playing Alan Wake, been meaning to play that for years.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Fall Guys... i don't get what all the hype is about. It's not bad, i feel like i can have few hours of fun from it, but it gets repetitive so fast. Also team games are trash.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
The only game I've actually played on EGS is the one I bought, Outer Wilds. I've only picked about 9 or so free games, and barely played them, so I pretty much stopped adding all these free games. I feel absolutely no urge to hoard them, and the less I pay for a game, the less likely I am to actually play it.

Pretty much the same reason I didn't jump on that itch.io bundle. When it becomes over 1000 games in one bundle, it just becomes ridiculous. I haven't gone over 200 games on Steam on my account that I've had since 2007, so why would I need 1000+ more games suddenly?

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019

As someone who pre-ordered the Blood Moon edition on GOG: they should continue taking their time.

And not releasing in the same quarter as Cyberpunk is a smart decision. I hope they also don't overlap with Dying Light 2 next year.

I don't particularly believe a Bloodlines game can be polished; but it shouldn't be rushed, and I'm glad Paradox gets it.

Besides, I'm sure we'll get Biomutant in December to keep me busy this winter.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
I desperately want to play it, but I accept the delay as being good.

Organizational changes makes me wonder if Paradox is bringing on some support studios to help with polish, and while they're there, filling out content. I could see some of the free DLC clans moved up into the launch game at this rate, at this point everyone and their dog expects it to be Gangrel and Nosferatu.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I wonder if EA Access will have third party games like Origin Access. There are cool games there. If EA Access on Steam is on the same bar of quality, then I'll sub in Steam instead of Origin.

Speakign of which, I started playing Titanfall 2 on Origin Access, and boy, people were not kidding when they praised the game. It feels just so right to play it. Spent almost an hout trying to master the tutorial level because it's so much fun. THAT much fun.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seems wild to me that Tony Hawk's getting a pre-order based demo this week and it's nowhere on the front page of EGS. Not in the coming soon, pre-purchase, or top selling sections.

Status
Not open for further replies.