• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eraser_Arcade

Oct 25, 2017
There's an option to ignore games because you've played on another platform?
Yep, it's in the drop down list, right beside the ignore function.

g3IMbdK.png

Oct 29, 2017
Oh that's interesting! I've been out of PC gaming for a few years and only got back to it in the last month, so I've not known about stuff like that. Thanks all.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
OH MY GOODNESS, a new project on the horizon!

Paging Uzzy ! What magical times we are heading into!

Last edited:

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I was looking forward to jumping into Nier Replicant once I'm done with Xuan Yuan Sword VII- feels like I've only got a few more boss fights in to go in the remaining 3 missions, since I've basically uncovered the entire map;

But now some kind soul finally translated a custom Hungarian campaign for AoE II DE from Chinese- which I've been begging for for quite some time- so I'm definitely gonna slip back into that for a month or 2.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Anyone have Yakuza Kiwami 2 on the windows store that can comment on any oddities? Thinking about getting it for $5

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have Yakuza Kiwami 2 on the windows store that can comment on any oddities? Thinking about getting it for $5

I would avoid purchasing anything on the Windows Store full stop. It is far too unstable, and if it breaks you most likely won't be able to play any games on it unless you format your windows install

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Been addicted to Outriders on Game Pass, so I decided to outright buy it. Sucks that my save file is apparently stuck with the Windows Store version, but I just didn't want it there.
Almost pulled the trigger on a Steam copy from GMG, but Epic was still $5 less - so bought it there.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I would avoid purchasing anything on the Windows Store full stop. It is far too unstable, and if it breaks you most likely won't be able to play any games on it unless you format your windows install
I've had no problems with windows store over the past year+ so I'm not really worried about that. More worried about in game problems or performance discrepancies

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I've had no problems with windows store over the past year+ so I'm not really worried about that. More worried about in game problems or performance discrepancies

I believe the save games are split into three different files and you need to do some shenanigans with them to merge the files if you want to use the save on a different storefront version.

Other than that I think it's fine?

It's here, the year of Silksong has finally come! 🤗 Happy New Year fellow Reseterians. New year, old problems!

Just finished reading the latest chapter of the DMC5 Visions of V manga when it hit 0:00. lol
Man, it started pretty good, with some neat additional scenes (although it is in no way able to repair the broken plot and is contradicting in itself), but for the last chapters it is only retelling cutscenes from the game nearly 1:1. The most fancy thing is a slightly different translation, I guess closer to the original japanese, instead of just copying what they said in the game.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU
BUT I'M FEELING 2022

Happy New Year all, 2022 is gonna fucking kick ass.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
There's no way I could start and finish 52 games in a year. Not the ones I actually want to play anyway.

2022! The year of the Deck!

Wait that may make it possible....

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
There's no way I could start and finish 52 games in a year. Not the ones I actually want to play anyway.

2022! The year of the Deck!

Wait that may make it possible....

technically the challenge is only to finish (whatever you consider finishing, for example its awkward for multiplayer games) games, not start. u can start the year before. Just sayin :p

There's no way I could start and finish 52 games in a year.
That's always my thought too when I see those challenge threads. I did come pretty close in 2020 though, with nearly 50 games. But a lot of short ones and I was also on reduced work hours due to covid.
This year I managed a bit more than 40 games, again with lots of shorter ones and also half of the year with reduced work hours. Will be interesting to see, what I can make this year. ^^
Dracula 3 – 5
Irony Curtain
Bonaticula
Bud Tucker in Double Trouble
Felix the Reaper
Little Nightmares
Lair of the Clockwork God
Lost Chronicles of Zerzura
AER: Memories of Old
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
Deadlight Director's Cut
Hitchcock: The Final Cut
Jenny LeClue – Detectivu
Little Misfortune
Torin's Passage
Nubarron – The Adventure of an Unlucky Gnome
Rusty Lake Hotel
Titan Souls
Gibbous – A Cthulhu Adventure
Candle
Whispers of a Machine
Verschollen auf Lost Island
Effie
The Dream Machine Ch 1+2
Blasphemous
Paradise
The Witness
DARQ
Encodya
A Short Hike
Trüberbrook
Amerzone
Abzu
Road to India
Geheimakte 2 – Puritas Cordis
Bear With Me – Complete Edition
STASIS
Hoa
The Great Perhaps
The Town of Light
Only two games actually released in 2021. From those, "Hoa" would be my GOTY, and "Encodya" my turd of the year.
If we allow games, I only played a demo from, my GOTY would be "Unbound: Worlds Apart" and my turd "Saint Kotar".

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Happy new year everyone.

Don't buy anything on the Windows Store, ever. Shit will probably break. Kiwami is cheap enough on other stores regularly. Currently at Steam for 55% off or in a bundle with 0 and Kiwami for 69% off.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Gamers: Dear Square can you drop various stupid exclusivity deals, give us back some abandoned franchises like Deus Ex, Thief, Legacy of Kain or Sleeping Dogs?

Square Enix: We hear you here are more expensive games and NFTs!!!

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
Happy new year y'all!

I hope this is the year where I and the rest of you GPU-less people can get GPUs with decent prices.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Psychonauts 2 is awesome so far. I love it more than first game to be honest, it has more heart and it is more coherent than first one. I love music a lo too.

Freezard

Oct 28, 2017
Psychonauts 2 is awesome so far. I love it more than first game to be honest, it has more heart and it is more coherent than first one. I love music a lo too.
Oh yeye the higher budget really helped em make a bigger and better game. Granted I thought the first game was funnier but that's the only thing it got going on the sequel.

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I managed to beat the 52 game challenge for the first time last year, with 55 games beaten. Felt really good to finally overcome the challenge as something always got in the way before (mostly stress + depression tbh).

I have more responsibilities this year so I'm not sure I'll be able to make it, but I'll track my games anyway and try to set some goals, like playing all of the Final Fantasy games I already own. My highlights from 2021 are getting into and playing every Souls game and Bloodborne for the first time, as well as playing through the entirety of Final Fantasy XIV.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Oh ffs. Mouse I bought less than month ago is now having double click problem already. And it's not like I play intense clicking game like Dota 2. It's a Corsair brand btw.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
One more thing about Psychonauts 2, game has amazing soundtrack. Some of the tunes are John Williams level and bring so much joy, just listen this

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Quick question Grim Dawn or Last Epoch? In the mood for a new ARPG but no clue which one to get.

Oct 29, 2017
Grim Dawn is basically what Diablo III should have been (before RoS) and great fun. No idea about Last Epoch, but added to wishlist.

Speaking of Grim Dawn, I started playing it a few days ago. I worked through the first mission and changed area. Thinking that would save my game, I quit out. It turned out it saved my character but not the progress that I'd made working through the level. Slightly annoying there isn't a clear way to manually save the level from what I could see.

That said, I think I'll park the game for now and wait for my SteamDeck. It seems a great game to play portable.

Status
Not open for further replies.