• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

If PC Gaming Era was a football tema it would be...

• England

Votes: 18 10.5%
  • Belgium

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • France

Votes: 19 11.1%
  • Netherlands

Votes: 19 11.1%
  • Toronto Raptors

Votes: 102 59.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OniluapL

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even liked 999 and VLR that much and found ZTD to be meh but I'm getting hyped for that new Uchikoshi game, what is wrong with me

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently playing Danganronpa: Despair Girls and realizing I don't remember as much as I thought about the first two games.
Is there a good catch up for both of those?

You can always watch the anime adaption of Danganronpa 1, it's just 13 episodes if you're looking for a refresher. I don't know about DR2 maybe a Youtube video???

In more Spike Chunsoft Anime Expo news, Kotaro Uchikoshi's upcoming game which was called Project Psync is now officially called AI: The Somnium Files. It is also verified to come to Steam.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
Dang Spike Chunsoft is really doubling down with it's PC ports, I guess they were happy with how they were the ones that published Danganronpa on PC and not NISA. It is sad about how they are doping Vita versions of some games but I guess you just got to move on at some point and their western branch is pretty new

DeejayDoom

Oct 25, 2017
20180706_043700.jpg

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
I still have zero idea what the fuck happened that got this game pushed back so far.
Okay what happened? I was playing the demo when Alien Ware was giving out keys and I had no issue with the demo so what could have gone wrong? Also since all of their "Private betas" start 2 weeks before a game is releases (not that bright of an idea) I'm guessing we can expect it before Halloween?

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Though day 1 of anime expo was a bit of a dud, it seems day two delivered some good news for PC gamers.

Regarding JAST though I do hope Majikoi and the next volume of FLOWERS makes it to Steam, both of these games have non-hentai versions after all.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017

i saw

hard to say much about the game part cos it's basically just random battle animations but i think the art looks great and i appreciate it sounds like it'll be a different story than just a retelling of the anime

Is Kill la Kill actually good or just a fan service-y "look at those boobies am I right guys?" show?
The game looks interesting.
it's a great show with fantastic music and art direction, a great sense of humor, really well animated action and super likeable characters. it has a lot of silly fanservice but it's very silly in a way i find it's more funny than creepy but ymmv. i generally dislike fanservice cos it feels like it gets in the way of the show you're trying to watch, but since klk is written around its fanservice it doesn't feel nearly as dumb

giphy.gif

it's up to you and how comfortable you are with stuff like this

give it a shot, it's on netflix and crunchyroll (and crunchy is free if you don't mind not having 1080p) and the first episode is a very good display of what the show is like

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to choose one steam account via my Steam Link? Because I've gotten everything set up for wireless play in my upstairs room, but every time I go to use it and use Wake on Lan to boot my PC, I'm stuck with having to select a Steam account on the PC before I can use the Steam Link upstairs. It's really annoying.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

That looks pretty damn good to me. And it's a fighting game. I'll be all over this one. Animations look great for special techniques, but I want to see more from basic moves and movement.

This looks like it's taking animation techniques utilized by Arc System Works and putting it in a 3D environment. That seems like it's going to be an arduous task to not make it look out of place.

The game ran so well. I was running this at 5K without any performance issues. It was almost like the port was too good, so they needed to take more time to screw it up.

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
I bought:

Half-Life 1: Source Steam Store
Peregrin Steam Store
Ski Hard: Lorsbruck 1978 Steam Store
he Fidelio Incident Steam Store
Half-Life 2: Episode Two Steam Store
Alpha Polaris : A Horror Adventure Game Steam Store
Westboro Steam Store
Wheels of Aurelia Steam Store
Half-Life 2: Episode One
Jade Empire (ROW) Steam Store
Mars Taken Steam Store
Armed to the Gears Steam Store
Bomb Squad Academy Steam Store
Pinball Deluxe: Reloaded Steam Store
Assassin's Creed Syndicate (WW) Steam Store
Assassin's Creed Unity (RoW) Steam Store
Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments Steam Store
The Floor is Jelly Steam Store
Zombie Night Terror Steam Store
RESCUE 2 Steam Store
Fallout 4 Season Pass Steam Store
Production Line Steam Store
Jagged Alliance Flashback Steam Store and Retail Key Steam Store
Pinball Arcade: Season Two Table Pack Steam Store
Pinball Arcade: Season One Table Pack Steam Store
Pinball Arcade: Season Three Pack Steam Store
Assassin's Creed

Pretty much the last of my card money, have $19 left and about 1200 cards.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Is Kill la Kill actually good or just a fan service-y "look at those boobies am I right guys?" show?
The game looks interesting.

It's a fun show, I won't lie about that. However, I think its overrrated with all the praise it receives since it being one of Studio Trigger's first pieces of work since members there left Gainax. As for the game, I guess it looks okay??? Still don't understand what it is but hey it's coming to Steam so that's cool.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
That KLK trailer kind of looks like they did enough to mock up a single boss fight and nothing else is ready to show. Or it is a one-on-one fighting game.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
i really can't wait for the game

even if it's bad i just want to play it lol

Thanks for the input errybody. I'll give it a shot soon. That gif was pretty sick
sweet

i hope you like it a lot

That KLK trailer kind of looks like they did enough to mock up a single boss fight and nothing else is ready to show. Or it is a one-on-one fighting game.
yeah it looks exactly like that

they had more or less the two models and animations from the last trailer and one more environment and they just played those

not super encouraging but maybe 2019 means december 2019 :p

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
i really can't wait for the game

even if it's bad i just want to play it lol

sweet

i hope you like it a lot

yeah it looks exactly like that

they had more or less the two models and animations from the last trailer and one more environment and they just played those

not super encouraging but maybe 2019 means december 2019 :p

Hey have you played SoulWorker? I was looking at the Steam best sellers of 2018 and I was like wth is this. Looks very anime kyaa kyaa. One of the weapons is a guitar.

Deleted member 13560

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It's a 3D weapon based fighter. Thank goodness. I thought it was an arena fighter. It will be playable at EVO.

Seems a little far off from completion. But at least we have something other than Soul Calibur.

This reveal reminds me of how rough XRD looked during its reveal. But back then this style was new so it looked awesome.... It also looked like it was further along development during it initial reveal.

They big thing about this game is using this animation style in 3D. I hope they can pull it off.

Last edited:

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
Hey have you played SoulWorker? I was looking at the Steam best sellers of 2018 and I was like wth is this. Looks very anime kyaa kyaa. One of the weapons is a guitar.
not available in my region apparently :T

It's a 3D weapon based fighter. Thank goodness. I thought it was an arena fighter. It will be playable at EVO.
oh nice the actual high quality video looks pretty great

idk what an arena fighter is but that game looks like you can move around in 3d which i like since in my experience that means not having to really memorize combos

like i want a game in which you can move around cos i want to walk around and stare at things

that's the kind of person i am and fighting games suck because you can't just do that

Deleted member 3856

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game ran so well. I was running this at 5K without any performance issues. It was almost like the port was too good, so they needed to take more time to screw it up.

At this point I can almost believe that lol. Like with Atlus, someone high up at the company has a weird grudge against the PC. Only instead of ignoring the platform they're taking a more actively malicious approach of porting games but sabotaging them every step of the way.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
ideally for me the klk game would be something like nier automata

gameplay is shallow but fun enough to get you to the next cutscene

tho i want to play as different characters

i want to play as mako ;_;

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Glad that I bought LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 as a huge Marvel fan. I can't believe I've already played as the Guardians of the Galaxy rescuing civilians on Xandar, and been up against a large Celestial. To roll around like a ball as Groot, to breaking down walls as Drax, to dancing around while listening to music as Star-Lord, and not only that, but also changing sizes as Janet van Dyne's Wasp, to throwing Captain America's shield to flying around as Iron Man. It's all so really good, and the story seems interesting thus far too.
...but does it have any X-Men?

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
i didn't know toukiden 1 was on steam, but i think the open world stuff is part of why i like it better than god eater so i'm glad i skipped it

the story is easy enough to follow

and god eater characters are dumb in an embarrasingly bad way, i don't think i liked a single character in that game

i agree on the difficulty, but the gun-sword stuff is cool in theory but doesn't really work for me, and the game is REALLY repetitive

also both games have bad progression systems that are really opaque and don't ever feel satisfying. it's basically numbers going up for both you and your enemies and everything stays the same, and a ton of different stats that you're given no context as to choose which are best for you
The main progression is essentially getting better at using your weapon(s) of choice and upgrading/newly crafting them and armor and other things. That's kind of the Monster Hunter model, except that MH has visible armor, whereas armor in GE only provides stats and you can dress up with costumes.
Though the stats should be fairly straightforward? It's just multipliers for different damage types and resistances. There's also no one-size-fits-all stat that is best for you, by design. Different Aragami have different weaknesses (the mission usually hints at them or after fighting them once it's in the Database) and usually even different weaknesses for different body parts. (Like, a tail that is weak against sundering damage or an armored face that is weak against crushing damage, etc).
Though the only "gameplay changing" upgrades are the Predator Styles in GE1 (outside of "try a new weapon"), that (drastically) change your devour attacks . They are pretty fun.
I had a lot of fun with Buster Sword + Sniper in GE1 and mainly Scythe + Sniper in GE2.

GE2 has a lot more 'visible' progression by having weapon skill-trees that unlock new moves by using them. Those can drastically alter your playstyle, but you can only equip 1 at a time.

But eh, it's something you either like or not, I guess.

Deleted member 1067

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
is this not like the most epic steam download tab ever or what holy shit:

capturekcou7.png

dunno what's up with the 0B ones there, but I know some of them got updates a day or so ago lol maybe cloud shenanigans?

The new underworld alpha has me stupidly pumped though. It along with SSR are two of my most hyped games atm :D

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Project Psync seems interesting, very excited for it.

_ _ _ _ _

IN OTHER NEWS

This is legit a completely unexpected megaton.
Such an unrightfully forgotten game holy fuck

Django.Mango

Jan 31, 2018
After playing Crusader Kings for about 100 hours i thought i was ready to dive into Hearts of Iron 4 (July humble).

Well, yeah no. Played for round about an hour the tutorial and jesus how many icons and statistics can a game have lol. Will check some beginners guides for sure first. I really like what ive seen until now and i cant wait to dive into this game. It helps a bit when you know Paradox' games, but this will take some time i guess.

Do we have a thread for this? I only know the Grand Strategy OT, but no specific HoI one.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Project Psync seems interesting, very excited for it.

_ _ _ _ _

IN OTHER NEWS

This is legit a completely unexpected megaton.
Such an unrightfully forgotten game holy fuck

Wonder why they use the German name "Asterix and Obelix", in the original French it's just Astérix or Astérix le Gaulois. Guess it's targeted at the German audience?

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how Sega are gonna handle the Yakuza games on PC. With the first remake/remaster and the prequel releasing and Yakuza 2 getting a remake also(no PC version mentioned of that yet) I wonder where that leaves 3-5 and if we will see 6 since that is the newest release and good chance of getting a late release on PC.

I want to say they have a plan in mind but I think most likely they don't and I expect a haphazard approach to the games on PC. I don't expect any of the PS3 version to be on PC anytime soon unless they get a PS4 update but Yakuza 6 should ought to be on the PC if they are serious about bringing the games to Steam. I wonder if HnK will see a PC release too....talk about a clusterfuck.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how Sega are gonna handle the Yakuza games on PC. With the first remake/remaster and the prequel releasing and Yakuza 2 getting a remake also(no PC version mentioned of that yet) I wonder where that leaves 3-5 and if we will see 6 since that is the newest release and good chance of getting a late release on PC.

I want to say they have a plan in mind but I think most likely they don't and I expect a haphazard approach to the games on PC. I don't expect any of the PS3 version to be on PC anytime soon unless they get a PS4 update but Yakuza 6 should ought to be on the PC if they are serious about bringing the games to Steam. I wonder if HnK will see a PC release too....talk about a clusterfuck.
3-5 are getting HD remasters for the PS4. No reason to not bring them to PC.
6 should probably come sooner though? Personally not gonna buy it before I've played the others, but it would make sense.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
.hack//G.U. as a highlight game, come on Bamco, do it.
Probably, since I just bought it in the Steam sale :P

Btw, it's pretty fun, but I forgot how loooooooooooooooooooong and sloooooooooow JRPG cutscenes of that era can be, especially without Turbo.
Also, the game uses 4x supersampling if you set AA to high. I was downsampling from 4k and wondering why it sometimes dropped below 60 FPS with alpha effects, but when I looked into it I saw that it was rendering into an 8k (7680x4320) buffer. I guess it's understandable then :P

hankenta

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking up screenshots of Asterix and Obelix XXL2 and it looks weird as hell with all those wild video game references. Only on the cover art there is a Pacman, Lara Croft, Sonic, and Mario Roman. Seeing all that I wonder what kind of theme XXL3 will have.

Status
Not open for further replies.