• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MJnR

Mar 13, 2019
Wait, isn't Ancestors The Humankind Odyssey also a Private Division game? I was kinda interested in that one though.

TenaciousD

Banned
Mar 6, 2018
Outer Worlds going to Epic might be a blessing in disguise. Obsidian's games can be quite rough at launch, waiting a year for the GotY patched edition might not be so bad.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Any game that becomes EGS exclusive does not depend on my money for its financial success.

I'll see it in the next Steam sale.

A shame, since I Kickstarted PoE and I adore Alpha Protocol. But them's the breaks.

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
These EGS exclusive announcements are starting to blend together for me. There is so many of them now that it's just kind of white noise. These games all come and go for me like a fart in the wind.

I thought waiting a year would be tough, but they are easy to ignore. I don't even know that most of them release. Nobody seems to be talking about any of them besides the fact that they are exclusive. It makes it easy to wait for them to release on a real store.

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't the Take Two CEO just a month ago say he is not a fan of Epic's competition?

So basically just lied to his investors. Kinda hope their stock takes a hit for that because that is fucked up.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
What is so difficult for some people to understand that it isn't the physical action of using another launcher that is the problem but the principal of the matter. A lot of us don't support the locking down of the most open platform in gaming. We've see it before and we didn't like it then either.

MJnR

Mar 13, 2019
Didn't the Take Two CEO just a month ago say he is not a fan of Epic's competition?

So basically just lied to his investors. Kinda hope their stock takes a hit for that because that is fucked up.
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/0...ot-been-a-believer-in-exclusive-relationships

"Our approach is to be wherever the consumer is and we distribute very widely. Generally speaking, we have not been a believer in exclusive relationships, and I wouldn't comment on any particular store." Maybe money made him believe.

Zophop

Apr 12, 2018
I'd love to personally thank Tim Sweeney for saving me so much money this year, I can't wait to buy Outer Worlds next year for sub £15 like all other Epic exclusive titles along with the years worth of bug fixes all Obsidian titles need.

I dread to think what other titles are going to be among the exclusives.

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Could it be a mistake and that Outer Wilds - not Outer Worlds - will be EGS exclusive? Outer Wilds is published by Annapurna, which disappointingly is pretty much all-in with the Epic Game Store now, and looked very likely to be the next EGS exclusive.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
What is so difficult for some people to understand that it isn't the physical action of using another launcher that is the problem but the principal of the matter. A lot of us don't support the locking down of the most open platform in gaming. We've see it before and we didn't like it then either.
They'd rather concern troll, because they know they can keep doing it.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Thats a shame, I was genuinely looking forward to Obsidians work.

Could it be a mistake and that Outer Wilds - not Outer Worlds - will be EGS exclusive? Outer Wilds is published by Annapurna, which disappointingly is pretty much all-in with the Epic Game Store now, and looked very likely to be the next EGS exclusive.

Outer Wilds is already in their store front, so its no secret.

Taborcarn

Oct 27, 2017
The original tweet was deleted anyway, so I'll hold judgement until there's something more official. Otherwise I would think MS would be a spoiler in these Epic plans, doesn't seem like something they would need to go through.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Maybe someone else got a link? -->

It hasn't been announced as an EGS exclusive as far as I know, and I've been keeping an eye out as I'm really hyped for the game.

Oh that's great news, could you link me?

Searching on mobile is trash sorry.
I remember someone here had posted screenshot from the developers own discord saying as much after the game went up on EGS.

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe someone else got a link? -->

Searching on mobile is trash sorry.
I remember someone here had posted screenshot from the developers own discord saying as much after the game went up on EGS.

That's heartening news and something I hope hasn't changed in the months since! Although I'm not sure how much say the developers have here if the decision is something made by their publisher. Either way, Outer Wilds is one of my most anticipated indie games since I played the prototype version years ago.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
First money-hated game I'm legit upset. Such a shitty day today. Screw Epic, you won't see a penny from me.

Y'all better not be selling your soul.

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/0...ot-been-a-believer-in-exclusive-relationships

"Our approach is to be wherever the consumer is and we distribute very widely. Generally speaking, we have not been a believer in exclusive relationships, and I wouldn't comment on any particular store." Maybe money made him believe.

Yea thats fucked up. During an investors call too hehe.

Oh well. My wallet is gonna be hurting by the time this year is done anyways. Outer Worlds and Borderlands 3 will probably be amazing but its not gonna be too difficult to wait for their steam release.

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
First money-hated game I'm legit upset. Such a shitty day today. Screw Epic, you won't see a penny from me.

Y'all better not be selling your soul.
Between my own and shared libraries I have over 1000 games to play on Steam. There is absolutely no game imaginable or unimaginable that can force me to use the Epic Store just to get it a year early.

The only way I'll ever engage with Epic's service is through shitposting about it on message boards.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Well that's annoying. Outer Worlds was one of my most anticipated games of this year. I'll wait for it to be $20 on Steam next year then.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
https://www.pcgamesn.com/metro-exodus/rami-ismail-steam-epic

Rami Ismael telling Valve "sucks to be you" when Valve/Steam made him a millionaire...
I wonder if Nuclear Throne would have made it through the EGS curation. Like, all these indie devs coming out saying how great EGS is since they keep more money, but there are hardly any good indie games on EGS, and if they are, they are some of the more well known titles. Let me know when they approve some really obscure indie game.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
for AC Odyssey with Ubi Club points to spare before the month is over, you can already unlock rewards for it on Uplay

Aeferis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
That PCGamesN article is clickbait at its finest. Regardless of what he said, if you have a "full interview to publish later today" what's the point of taking stuff out of context and paraphrasing it in such useless way?

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Anyone thinks Devotion will get moneyhatted?

Like they had this whole review debacle. Epic doesnt have reviews. Builds were uploaded on 8th march and that was it. EGS is locked in China.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
When are these devs gonna stop releasing console versions and giving Sony, MS, and Nintendo a cut?

Nah, it's not about that BS. It's about fat checks from Epic right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.