Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
GRHl7fs.png

Hi, just a few things I would like to say before we start this thread.

This is still the same home and people you have come to known over the years and I think many of you would still like to keep it that way. I think for the benefit of the thread and the community around it is that we don't bring up the previous issue to help this thread prosper.

While I personally don't agree with what is going on and what discussions I've had with had with people and admin team meant that this was our only choice on the table left. It it was dealt by Steam Mods and Discord Mods who I still feel are trying to help and have been really supportive. It's a bit of a slap in the face and feels bit like déjà vu right now but I know Steam and all the rest of you will help us in this thread.

I think that's all, really, lets just carry on as normal and see what happens.

All the best.

MRORANGE

cR0CKTx.png

Farm Manager 2018
- Aaron D.
Manage your own farm in the game Farm Manager 2018! To expand your farm business, produce cheap and sell your products in high prices. Control the process of land cultivation, employ the best staff, buy the most appropriate farm equipment, raise livestock and process the harvested crops

Battletech
- QFNS
The year is 3025, and you are a mercenary commander taking contracts around the periphery of the Inner Sphere. Gameplay is XCOM-like, turn based combat with an emphasis on destruction and heat management (those lasers get quite hot, you know). The outside of combat simulation is funded by your successes or failures in mission, so you better take down that sweet mech strategically if you want to salvage it to pay your repair bills or buy time to heal your pilots. Mech customization is available and parts can be bought or salvaged from missions. There is PvP multiplayer for those who want to try their skills against human opponents and an open-ended single player campaign allowing you to run your merc outfit for as long as you desire. Good luck, commander!

Extinction - MRORNAGE
Extinction is a game developed by the same team who bough us the new Killer Instinct. The game premises as you as a Sentinel who is tasked to stop the Ravenii - the 150ft misters who have now returned to terrorise mankind, using your range of skills you must defeat the monsters that are now destroying your world. It's basically Devil May Cry meets Attack of Titan.

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA / イースVIII-Lacrimosa of DANA - Tonton
Greek south, floating in the sea Goethe "Sirens Island". In the land that has been forgotten from history, Begining a new adventure of adventurer Adol.
Nihon Falcom 35th anniversary work!

CZmwtvf.png

Satellite Reign
- FunktionJCB
Satellite Reign is a real-time strategy game, with RPG elements, set in an open-world cyberpunk setting. A "spiritual successor" to the Syndicate series, it takes the old formula of the classic series, and places it into a big, open world map, where you navigate through rain-soaked, neon-lit streets, using force or stealth, with the objective of taking down a ruthless mega-corporation.

Take down targets, steal powerful weapons and equipment (or buy them in the black market), sabotage the city's surveillance systems, all in order to weaken your enemy, and help you reach your final goal… or not. It's your choice.

The game was developed by a small Australian team, 5 Lives Studios, lead by Mike Diskett, one of the founders of Mucky Foot Productions (Startopia, Urban Chaos), and a former programmer and producer at Bullfrog Productions, where he worked on titles such as Syndicate Wars, Theme Park, and other now classic games.

JO5lT6X.png

• Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread. The discussion of splitting retail packs is fine though.
  • Do not spam post your steam stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • Don't hype pre-order bundles that you have no idea about.Just buy them!

Xq90JiF.png

• Steam Support - The place to contact steam if you have a problem with the service.
  • Steam Trading Cards - Gain money by selling cards or craft them for cosmetic items.
  • Add funds to your Steam Wallet - You can also buy gift cards at most major gaming retailers.
  • Steam Mobile - Use Steam while away from the PC. Supports iOS and Android.
  • Big Picture Mode - Lets you run Steam on your TV in a more convenient manner.
  • Steam Family Sharing - Share your Steam account with family and friends.
  • Steam Community - A hub of what other steam users have created or are discussing.
  • Steam Workshop - A showcase of Mods for games on Steam.Many are free, but some you now have to pay for.
  • Steam Greenlight - Vote for games that want to be on the Steam store.
  • Steam Stats - Check stats for the top 100 most played games on Steam.
  • So when does the 'Winter/Spring/Summer/Autumn' sale start? The Winter Sale should start December 22nd.This thread will be closed after the sale starts.
  • How can I protect my Steam account? - Read: Account Security Recommendations.
  • Store is in another language?! - You used a link that had ?l=blahblah at the end: http://store.steampowered.com/?l=english.
  • Community is in another language?!- http://steamcommunity.com/?l=english.
  • How do I run Steam in offline mode? - Steam Offline Mode Support Page.
  • Is steam down? I can't see my Profile/Friends/Chat/Cloud Saves - See if Steam is running maintenance.
  • Steam won't start or run? - Refresh your Steam files. If it fails: copy steamapps folder and re-install steam.
  • Is using a VPN to get steam games from another region a good idea? - It can result in getting your account banned.
  • Using a VPN to unlock games early?- Most people can unlock games early so that seems to be fine.
  • How do I buy games outside the Steam Client when there is a sale? - Use Steam Mobile.
  • Can I do remote downloading? - Yes, login into the Steam community webpage and select the game to download.
  • How do I track how many players are playing a game over time? - Usesteamcharts.com.
  • One of my grid icons is missing a picture? - Check out this thread!
  • I want to clean up my Steam folder of re-distributed packages - Use TikiOne-Steam-Cleaner.
  • I am running out of space on my HDD, can I move my games? - Steam now supports multiple libraries and moving game installations between them.
  • How can I get some quick Steam cash or trading cards? - Use Steam Idle Master.
  • Where I can download skins for Steam? - Go to Steam Skins, make sure that the skin is safe to use.
  • Can I trade games? - If they are in your inventory then yes, you cannot trade games you already own.
  • Any other places to trade? - Try: SteamCardExchange / TF2 Outpost / SteamTrades /
  • Sites to compare Steam prices regionally ? - SteamPrices or use Enhanced Steam.
  • How do you find info on upcoming releases and updates? - Steam Database is a great tool.
  • Is there a list of games no longer on Steam? - Check this list.
  • Any extensions to use while using Steam site in a browser? - Enhanced Steam
  • Any way to backup games that don't used Steam Cloud? - Use Game Save Manager.
  • I want to compare prices to to other DD sites? - isthereanydeal.com
  • How do I get rid of trade dues for cards?- Use this useful site.
  • How long will it take me to beat game 'X/Y/Z' ? - Check out How Long To Beat.

sHxnM65.png

The SteamERA Community was founded on Discord on October 2017, a stranded bunch of SteamGAF who united together and embraced on what we thought was the end of times. However as more people joined we found hope and soon started to formulate and plan for the future. This thread would not be possible without the community we have on Discord and I encourage all of you to join if you have not.

You can join this amazing community on Discord with this hidden link that you need to quote:

Last edited:

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Sweet, thread lives again.

There's some more DLC for Stellaris incoming, this time focusing on exploration. Here's the reveal trailer.

Behind Closed Doors: Discover hidden traces of an ancient gateway network unlocking a sealed path to a constellation outside our own galaxy. But is this door holding something out, or keeping something in?

Sensors are Picking up… That Can't be Right: Encounter dozens of new anomalies and events for your intrepid scientists to observe and analyze, and a galaxy of wonders for them to discover.

Brave New Worlds: Plot unexplored unique solar systems, each with their own story to tell. Gain technology, resources, and valuable worlds to colonize.

There's Always a Bigger Fish: Come face to face with a number of unique gargantuan creatures that exist and thrive in the vacuum of space. But approach with caution, because whether gentle giants or something more sinister, these legendary behemoths have existed long before you and will do what it takes to survive long after.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda lost the will to post after all the bullshit surrounding the last thread.

Feels bad.

AAMARMO

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any of you lot played Halo Online yet? It's litrally the Halo on PC everyone wanted!!!

Kiru

Oct 25, 2017
Finally back my friends.

We talked about all things PC besides Steam anyways... Renaming wasn't needed but oh well..

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if NISA will fix Ys VIII by the end of May. They have been very eager when it comes to patching it.

Also, sorry to see you step down from making threads, MRORANGE. Always appreciated how well your OPs and all graphics in them were designed, and how you tried to liven up the thread (with game of the month and other things).

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
You all know what this means right? Nier Automata is the last ever SteamGAF/ERA GOTY.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for your time and your wonderful official topics MRORANGE . Additionally, thank you for always being willing to tolerate the antics of the discord server :)

Spirited

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So now finally I am allowed to talk about the complexities of the chrome offline dinosaur platforming game.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Just to inform people who posted in Steam threads that all discussion about this thread went outside Era and through middlemans. Decision to rename thread was apparently made based on the discussion on Discord in the middle of the last night with few people.

Second thing is that some of the more active posters got final warnings for discussing moderation (they went through post history) and that was after we got message that admins/mods are listening and want to do better.

I am telling you this because I consider it unacceptable to discuss future of this community outside this forum. If I wasn't pointed toward discussion happening on Discord tonight I wouldn't have a clue.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
Just to inform people who posted in Steam threads that all discussion about this thread went outside Era and through middlemans. Decision to rename thread was apparently made based on the discussion on Discord in the middle of the last night with few people.

Second thing is that some of the more active posters got final warnings for discussing moderation (they went through post history) and that was after we got message that admins/mods are listening and want to do better.

I am telling you this because I consider it unacceptable to discuss future of this community outside this forum. If I wasn't pointed toward discussion happening on Discord tonight I wouldn't have a clue.

I wasn't even an active poster in the thread and I got warned.

EDIT: warning was reversed lmao

Last edited:

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When are new NVIDIA cards going to be announced? I'm ready to build a new PC but I'm going to wait for the next round of GPUs.

Current consensus best guess is in July, although whether they actually launch in July instead of just being revealed is anyone's guess. I would think they'll be out by august at least.

Deleted member 3856

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While I personally don't agree with what is going on and what discussions I've had with had with people and admin team meant that this was our only choice on the table left.

Wait, what does this even mean? The old Steam thread was already pretty much the de facto general PC gaming thread. Non-steam topics such as Uplay, Blizzard, etc. were discussed fairly regularly. So, I'm kinda confused as to what changing the name of the thread is actually meant to accomplish.

smuguire

Oct 27, 2017
Battletech mixed on Steam reviews, seems mostly because of performance issues tho?

It reminds me a lot of how XCOM 2 was when it launched. Weird hitching & frame drops, stuff like that. I played for 3 hours straight with no issues, then the next time I booted I just got stuck at a loading screen for 5 minutes before quitting.

Kvik

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Downunder.
Hey, nobody asked for this, and I thank our precious overlords deeply in their magnanimous decision in railroading us into this thread, but I love PC-98 music guys. It's relevant in a PC gaming thread, right?

Post more if you like PC-98 music too!

Oct 27, 2017
Hell yeah thread is back!! :)

So, I'm going to be upgrading my PC in a few months. Should I be upgrading my CPU, Memory, and Motherboard? Or am I better off waiting? I already have a 1080GTX for video card and do VR gaming a lot.

Specs are:

CPU
Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz

RAM
32.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz

Motherboard
ASRock H97M Pro4

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
Hey, nobody asked for this, and I thank our precious overlords deeply in their magnanimous decision in railroading us into this thread, but I love PC-98 music guys. It's relevant in a PC gaming thread, right?

Post more if you like PC-98 music too!
Nominated for POTT.
Here's some more:

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017

So, I'm going to be upgrading my PC in a few months. Should I be upgrading my CPU, Memory, and Motherboard? Or am I better off waiting? I already have a 1080GTX for video card and do VR gaming a lot.

Specs are:

CPU

RAM

Motherboard
ASRock H97M Pro4

Wait. You have plenty of ram and your CPU isn't limiting your GPU. If you want to upgrade that CPU though, you'll need to change your ram and motherboard. So you better wait until next gen.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017

Specs are:

CPU

RAM

Motherboard
ASRock H97M Pro4

Frankly, I wouldn't upgrade anything. But you need to upgrade CPU, Memory & MB at same time. No upgrade paths beyond that.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017

Specs are:

CPU

RAM

Motherboard
ASRock H97M Pro4
Just wait for intel's new line imo. You're setup is still way better then current consoles and will run anything.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
STEAM | May 2018 - The only thread to get a 24 hour ban / edit! Permaban.

I don't understand what's going on. We didn't get any input in this at all, and we're somehow supposed to be okay with how things are going. I still don't get why any of this happened here in the first place.

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda lame that drama and people not from the thread were the reason of the change but meh.

Now we can talk about Dwarf Fortress in this thread tho.

Kvik

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Downunder.
It reminds me a lot of how XCOM 2 was when it launched. Weird hitching & frame drops, stuff like that. I played for 3 hours straight with no issues, then the next time I booted I just got stuck at a loading screen for 5 minutes before quitting.

I was tinkering with the game a little bit before this thread come about, but I was struggling to trigger my Gsync, even after using the exclusive fullscreen flag. Using flip mode with SpecialK just resulted in black screen/flickering so I haven't even started the game proper :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.