Status
Not open for further replies.

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure Nekopara titles will be affected. The fact that there is no official patch might be the reason. (Steam version is all ages. Adult version is a completely separate purchase you have to do, elsewhere)
Adult version is a downloadable patch you buy that can be applied to the Steam version too.

Or so I've been told...
<_<
>_>

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
What's everyone's opinion on the Humble Monthly sub? Is it worth it? I'm eyeing it because of Destiny 2 even though I don't know if I'd have anyone to play with.
Keep in mind that you get Destiny 2+5 other games which will be revealed in 2 weeks' time.
If you are interested in playing Destiny 2 grab it, but I personally buy monthlies only if they have games that interes me.

Oct 25, 2017
Is discussing Jim banned on here?
No. It's just, at this point, Jim Sterling is basically peddling an anti-PC console war rhetoric, with his non-stop assault on Steam's lack of "curation." People may want to know that it's Sterling, in that context, because that's all he harps on, day in, day out. A lot of Steam users around here agree that curation is not the problem - in fact it's why we like PC as a platform.

hankenta

Oct 25, 2017
I've been enjoying Destiny 2 lately. I know I won't play it enough to counter the late game problems it has so for me it's just a fun loot game with good gameplay. I've played a bunch of the PvP mode which is really nice for me as a very low stress level, no stakes first person shooter.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
No. It's just, at this point, Jim Sterling is basically peddling an anti-PC console war rhetoric, with his non-stop assault on Steam's lack of "curation." People may want to know that it's Sterling, in that context, because that's all he harps on, day in, day out. A lot of Steam users around here agree that curation is not the problem - in fact it's why we like PC as a platform.
Right.
The problem here isn't that Valve isn't "curating" enough, it's that they might be basing some "curation" decisions on an orchestrated campaign by puritanical interests.

Personally, I've always felt that Valve should facilitate the sale of adult games to adults like any other transaction. Rather than a mess of semi-official policies and unofficial permissiveness towards off-Steam patches.

Oct 25, 2017
This effectively is the reason why "curation" can be a bad thing. Valve decided to curate something, and it was LGBT content.

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
If Jim's right and the pressure is coming from Paypal... well fuck them even more =/
I already decided to stop using them for anything because of the crazy fees they started imposing.

EDIT: also fuck Valve for going against the devs they know can't lawyer up against this. Don't expect against the Witcher though because they know they'd lose that fight.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Steam should just open a second platform (not directly accessible from steampowered.com, but also using the same account) exclusively for AO content, called SteamingHot.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Steam should just open a second platform (not directly accessible from steampowered.com, but also using the same account) exclusively for AO content, called SteamingHot.

tenor.gif

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
This effectively is the reason why "curation" can be a bad thing. Valve decided to curate something, and it was LGBT content.
This isn't about curation being bad. Curation isn't terrible if the people doing it are upfront and transparent about the reasoning. No this is about Valve.

Valve's idea of transparency is several feet of solid concrete painted that 'light doesn't escape' shade of black, and who can't ever do things like let devs or players know about changes to policy until they give a two paragraph 'meh' statement a month after those changes are already put into effect.

Valve could easily brush aside a conservative media watchdog group, but I guess they feel Paypal is harder to ignore, though it's unlikely we'll ever know

I like the idea of this in theory, but also don't feel it should be necessary

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
After finishing BATTLETECH earlier, a bargin at $39.99 let alone from the amazon price mistake(?) I decided to try something from a recent bundle, Action Henk. Simple but fun runner but worryingly, after starting out with 50+ people on my friends list at each level by halfway through only Wok and Nabs remain! Doesn't bode well for it's longevity.

Crap, two levels after that, Wok gave up too!

I really enjoyed Henk a lot. I know I played through the grappling hook levels at least.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Right.
The problem here isn't that Valve isn't "curating" enough, it's that they might be basing some "curation" decisions on an orchestrated campaign by puritanical interests.

Personally, I've always felt that Valve should facilitate the sale of adult games to adults like any other transaction. Rather than a mess of semi-official policies and unofficial permissiveness towards off-Steam patches.

Nailed it.

Ultimately the issue I also see is that the system for serving adult customers things they want and is legal for them is crossing over to availability to minors. Therefore a better system needs to be in place to serve both groups correctly.

And standard fare for Jim Sterling. Lack of curation is quite blatantly not the issue. And if we want to play the game of "these developers told me they rather put out their game on switch than Steam", I've definitely heard the opposite too, as is the norm.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
Any place that has SFV cheap for PC?
I've seen some deals for the console version but I'd rather get it on my PC.

Oct 25, 2017
Any place that has SFV cheap for PC?
I've seen some deals for the console version but I'd rather get it on my PC.

I don't think it's on sale anywhere right now, but keep your eyes open. They'll probably put it on sale around the time the 30th Anniversary Collection comes out, which is in ten days.

Note that just buying this ver. doesn't give you season 1 and 2 characters, so you would need to unlock them.

Or buy the season passes and save the in-game currency for other stuff.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
Ran into a game breaking bug in MachiaVillain, my minions just wont do a single thing. The devs got a patch coming up so that's good, I really am enjoying this game despite the bugs.

Amzin

Oct 25, 2017

CK2: Holy Fury - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEFoubsSzG8

Stellaris: Distant Stars - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jcrKkNJ5do

Jesus Christ, Paradox. Just take my money.

Just take it all.

At this point I think it's safe to say that Paradox is the best dev/publisher in the business.

I like Paradox, especially as a publisher, but I like AMPLITUDE as a dev a little more for my strategy. But they mostly have completely different offerings. Still, I like Endless Space 2 over Stellaris, for example. I'm looking forward to seeing how sci-fi AoW turns out for sure.

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
I definitely didn't expected to see so many Mutiny!! purchases in my activity feed. And i even less expected to see so many folks from here buying it. I was slowly dying inside while i was scrolling my feed and seeing how many people bought this:
ss_592078513bafbcc712b4b254fb73361273124300.600x338.jpg

You know how many of my friends bought this game? 126. Yes, i counted. And this number continues to grow. I've never seen any other game getting so much simultaneous purchases during sales, even when games where extremely good and had -90% discount. Today i officially lost my faith in humanity. Shame on you, all of you, for supporting these disgustingly drawn big boobs and furryloliwhatever abomination. And some of you even bought DLC, do you realize that after that you had to buy and gift at least 10 copies of The House in Fata Morgana here in order clean up from this mess? PC Era was Anime Era all this time and i finally got hard evidence to prove it.

Speaking about anime, i wrote this sarcastic nonsense only to mention that The House in Fata Morgana is currently on sale with -50% discount, but of course nobody would care because it's not lewd enough for a refined tastes of public in this thread.

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't about curation being bad. Curation isn't terrible if the people doing it are upfront and transparent about the reasoning. No this is about Valve.

Valve's idea of transparency is several feet of solid concrete painted that 'light doesn't escape' shade of black, and who can't ever do things like let devs or players know about changes to policy until they give a two paragraph 'meh' statement a month after those changes are already put into effect.

Valve could easily brush aside a conservative media watchdog group, but I guess they feel Paypal is harder to ignore, though it's unlikely we'll ever know

That's why I said that it can be bad, rather than it is always bad. Valve is really bad at communication, and so any attempts for them to do curation will wind up like this.

Although transparent curation can still wind up being bad. Just look at Gog straight up denying visual novels at all. They're transparent about it, but it's still a net negative on the service.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
Talking about anime, the "Nepify Your Life Bundle" has been in the top 3 global top sellers for over 24 hours now.

I mean, it's a good deal and all, but I'm still surprised just how well everything Neptunia does on Steam. When the first game was released you could maybe argue that it was due to a lack of JRPGs available, but that is very far from being true today.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
That's why I said that it can be bad, rather than it is always bad. Valve is really bad at communication, and so any attempts for them to do curation will wind up like this.

Although transparent curation can still wind up being bad. Just look at Gog straight up denying visual novels at all. They're transparent about it, but it's still a net negative on the service.

A big problem with Valve is that they rarely correct misinformation. Currently no one actually knows the exact reasoning behind anything of what is going on right now, but Valve are content with not challenging any misinformation when there is a clear concern within its own community. I think worst of all is if they haven't explained themselves to the developers involved, as this is their games, livelihood and community being affected. Without a very clear explanation, no one will know the exact issue and what to do

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Talking about anime, the "Nepify Your Life Bundle" has been in the top 3 global top sellers for over 24 hours now.

I mean, it's a good deal and all, but I'm still surprised just how well everything Neptunia does on Steam. When the first game was released you could maybe argue that it was due to a lack of JRPGs available, but that is very far from being true today.

You get to play dress-up with anime dolls. Just like DOA:X and Senran Kagura, it's a formula for success.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What do all of you do with your old PCs?

Got a whole new build and was just thinking of moving the 6-year old box to the TV.

Oct 25, 2017
I definitely didn't expected to see so many Mutiny!! purchases in my activity feed. And i even less expected to see so many folks from here buying it. I was slowly dying inside while i was scrolling my feed and seeing how many people bought this:
ss_592078513bafbcc712b4b254fb73361273124300.600x338.jpg

You know how many of my friends bought this game? 126. Yes, i counted. And this number continues to grow. I've never seen any other game getting so much simultaneous purchases during sales, even when games where extremely good and had -90% discount. Today i officially lost my faith in humanity. Shame on you, all of you, for supporting these disgustingly drawn big boobs and furryloliwhatever abomination. And some of you even bought DLC, do you realize that after that you had to buy and gift at least 10 copies of The House in Fata Morgana here in order clean up from this mess? PC Era was Anime Era all this time and i finally got hard evidence to prove it.

Speaking about anime, i wrote this sarcastic nonsense only to mention that The House in Fata Morgana is currently on sale with -50% discount, but of course nobody would care because it's not lewd enough for a refined tastes of public in this thread.
I didn't buy Mutiny but I would have given that it's trading card money price at the moment - throwaway purchase for scraps. Trading cards will probably pay for the game. Whereas Fata Morgana is still above $10.

I didn't get super far into the first game but I found it surprisingly likable even though that sort of anime isn't my thing. I could see how folks would like the series. It's very low stress and the battle system was neat. I'll probably keep playing the first one.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017

Got a whole new build and was just thinking of moving the 6-year old box to the TV.

I was thinking of doing something similar. Get a cheap micro-ATX board and a small case, move it under my TV, and use it as a media/in-home streaming box.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
You get to play dress-up with anime dolls. Just like DOA:X and Senran Kagura, it's a formula for success.
I doubt that's all of it. At least in those entries in the franchise that I played, "dress-up" is a tiny part of the game -- basically no more so than any other game that has a costume/attachment system, which are a lot of newer JRPGs.
Probably the chinese translations help.

I didn't get super far into the first game but I found it surprisingly likable even though that sort of anime isn't my thing. I could see how folks would like the series. It's very low stress and the battle system was neat. I'll probably keep playing the first one.
Yeah, the mainline Neptunia JRPGs at least are really fun, if you are in the mood for some shallow entertainment.
The largest issue I have with them is how repetitive they are, especially when the same basic gameplay mechanics are spread over quite a few games.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017

So usually when I am upgrading, I will sell the previous components on eBay and use that to help with the purchase. When replacing a whole build (which is rare for me) I do end up repurposing the system or reselling the individual components.

Currently I am a bit enamoured with ITX machines so I repurposed an old machine into a competent ITX machine for the lounge and have another ITX machine in a different room for some more serious sessions or just when the lounge / TV is busy and I feel like playing. It's awesome

someguyinahat

Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished Planescape Torment: EE. Such a great game. I'm not sure if I'll go back and mop up some of the other achievements (go chaotic, go evil, become a level 12 fighter or thief first, piss off Dak'kon to get his kin-stealer blade, or - Lord help us - stay true neutral the entire game) but I really enjoyed the ride. If you haven't played it...the hype is real. Just...make sure you've got your reading glasses.

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
Did it have disgustingly (or fantastically) drawn big (or small) boobs?
Can't say anything about that because unfortunately I'm not a man of culture so not into anime boobs, especially if they're badly drawn. I prefer realistic waifus, but I'm probably in minority here. By the way, anyone know is there any guide available about how to romance Xoti from PoE2 yet? I heard that companions quests kinda bugged yet and I'm afraid moving forward through game in fear of missing most important part.
I didn't buy Mutiny but I would have given that it's trading card money price at the moment - throwaway purchase for scraps. Trading cards will probably pay for the game. Whereas Fata Morgana is still above $10.
I don't farm cards unless i'm willing to play the game, and i can't stand artstyle in this game at all, so it's no go for me, don't want my friends to see that I'm buying this garbage as well. Even though i'm collector and somewhat hunting for removed games, it's simply not worth it for me.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017

Funny enough Humble Bundle also has the Nept games on sale right now but for much cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.