Angelo

Aug 24, 2018
I'm confused about Stream family share. Can I play game A while my family member play game B, i.e., simultaneously playing two different games?
Yes you can, but you can't play the same game at the same time, like if your family member plays Helldivers you cant play it until theyre done playing, unless you also have a copy of helldivers.

Mad

Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone,

I'd love some game recommendations for games that I'd be able to play with one hand.

I'm able to use all the buttons of a controller, but only with one hand, so it can't be anything too fast paced.

I'd have quite a few games that would fit that criteria, but unfortunately I can't really either play games that can't easily be interrupted at any time.
Loop Hero is a good one
Steamworld heist

This one might be too hard to play with one hand but it says it's controller able-er: Cloud Garden

D O T

Jan 1, 2021
Hey everyone,

I'd love some game recommendations for games that I'd be able to play with one hand.

I'm able to use all the buttons of a controller, but only with one hand, so it can't be anything too fast paced.

I'd have quite a few games that would fit that criteria, but unfortunately I can't really either play games that can't easily be interrupted at any time.
lots and lots of point n click adventure games like monkey island series or amanita design games.

Xagarath

Oct 28, 2017
North-East England
Hey everyone,

The Trails in the Sky rpgs can easily and comfortably be played with mouse only, and are turn-based, meaning interruptions don't matter.
(Some of the later sequals require controller, but the Sky games are nicely standalone - you can play the first two and stop)

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Nine Nights is quite good. I had a bug that kept sending me back to an earlier area, but it actually worked in y favour, b/c that area contained a chest with 1 of the 5 beads I needed to upgrade my HP bar- and each time I'd get kicked back to the bottom of the mountain, the chest would respawn, allowing me to grind out extra HP.

Once I actually got past that finicky section (the booting me back was happening when I'd die in a certain section, the game went far smoother. Though it then introduced giant eagle riders as minibosses, and I gotta say, FUCK EAGLES. They're always above you, so you can hardly see them, and they are always flanking you whenever you you stop moving, or even just launch into an attack combo on one of the ground enemies. They interrupt your jumps, and the eagle riders took the page straight out of Warcraft and throw thunder hammers at you. Eagles are evil. Wolf riders also suck, but the eagles are pure evil.

Other than that, it's pretty solid. Had to fight another swordmaster, and that fight takes 5-7 minutes each try, because my specials don't work on him, so I gotta keep blocking until there's an opening to combo him back and maybe get a few hits in to chip at his HP. Sword Saint's got nothing on this guy in terms of annoyance.

it's really earning its "challenging" moniker, but my initial impression of "Prince of Persia, but you're a Chinese sworsmaster-assassin" largely holds true. There's a bunch of skills to unlock, but the only one you really need is "jump and then do air kicks". That one nails most minibosses, but there's a few other skills good at clearing adds so that you can deal with the big guys with AoE attacks.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Still making my way through Cyberpunk 2077. Love much of the game, but I don't really enjoy sneaking around warehouses/clubs in the more stealthy missions. Does anyone have any good recommendations for perks/abilities/cyberware/weapons to make them a bit more fun, or just make me silly overpowered? Except for going full bruteforce and just shooting everyone.

empo

Jan 27, 2018
hacking becomes completely busted at some point
pop overclock, hack everyone and just hide behind a box and wait for them to die

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017

So like, I'm not sure how, but I actually messed up on this because I'm realizing just now that the bundle offer is gonna expire before the giveaway does, which means I won't be able to give away the bundle at this rate.

In light of this, I've decided to just go ahead and gift the bundle to all three current entrants. For the relevant parties, if you see this in the next 4 hours, kindly give me the email associated with your Itch.io account via PM. If no one manages to do so, I'll let GiftBot do its thing and gift 1000xResist instead on your preferred platform once it comes out or something.

Sorry for this, guys.

Yesterzine

Jan 5, 2022
Still making my way through Cyberpunk 2077. Love much of the game, but I don't really enjoy sneaking around warehouses/clubs in the more stealthy missions. Does anyone have any good recommendations for perks/abilities/cyberware/weapons to make them a bit more fun, or just make me silly overpowered? Except for going full bruteforce and just shooting everyone.

Set fire to everyone.

And in the game.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
I agree but sadly some older games or some indies just forget to include the option at times.
Special K can override this.
It can either try to force a game to run in borderless fullscreen mode, or you can use its "fake fullscreen" mode.
Fake fullscreen mode is especially useful for games that do work in borderless mode, but might only activate features like HDR in "fullscreen exclusive" mode.
This also prevents that HDR from breaking when alt-tabbing away from the game - as was common in all the Resident Evil games before RE4 Remake.

Hey everyone,
Consider point & click adventure games. The majority of those are not timing-sensitive and could be mapped to either the touchpad or analog stick on Steam Deck.

There are some good recommendations of classics here:
www.resetera.com

Classic Point and Click Adventure Games

I've been playing through some classics lately and wanted to discuss the genre. Monkey Island is like the gold standard. Perfect game. Monkey Island 2 - Holy obscure puzzles, Guybrush! The green drink/spit thing is just... how did anyone ever figure that out? And Ive read that Europeans had...
Though there are maybe two puzzles in the first Monkey Island that are timing sensitive enough that it could be a problem for you.

And there's a massive ongoing OT here:
www.resetera.com

Point & Click Adventure Thread - Pixels Walk With Me

The last few years have seen the rise of crowdsharing platforms like Kickstarter, Indiegogo & fig, as well as the rising influence of digital distribution, which combined has led to a resurgence in both the number and quality of P&C games, as it's now easier to fund, and cheaper to distribute in...

Last edited:

Saori

Avenger
Dec 12, 2018
I read you can't use a mouse, just a controller.

Brotato is another good "auto-firing" rogue like to play one handed.

I was thinking turn based strategy games like XCOM?
Classic JRPGs like chrono trigger, FF1-X.
Point and click games maybe?

I'll check out Brotato and XCOM

If one handed w/ a mouse is OK, bind pause toggle to a mouse button (like a back button) and play one of the Paradox grand strategy games.

Sadly, no mouse.

Loop Hero is a good one
Steamworld heist

This one might be too hard to play with one hand but it says it's controller able-er: Cloud Garden

I do own Loop Hero, so I'll definitely check it out.
SteamWorld Heist would be a good time to replay as well with the sequel coming out, thank you.

lots and lots of point n click adventure games like monkey island series or amanita design games.
Consider point & click adventure games. The majority of those are not timing-sensitive and could be mapped to either the touchpad or analog stick on Steam Deck.

There are some goods recommendations of classics here:
www.resetera.com

Classic Point and Click Adventure Games

I've been playing through some classics lately and wanted to discuss the genre. Monkey Island is like the gold standard. Perfect game. Monkey Island 2 - Holy obscure puzzles, Guybrush! The green drink/spit thing is just... how did anyone ever figure that out? And Ive read that Europeans had...
Though there are maybe two puzzles in the first Monkey Island that are timing sensitive enough that it could be a problem for you.

And there's a massive ongoing OT here:
www.resetera.com

Point & Click Adventure Thread - Pixels Walk With Me

The last few years have seen the rise of crowdsharing platforms like Kickstarter, Indiegogo & fig, as well as the rising influence of digital distribution, which combined has led to a resurgence in both the number and quality of P&C games, as it's now easier to fund, and cheaper to distribute in...

I haven't tried any point & click yet, I'll be looking through those threads and see if I find something. Thank you.

The Trails in the Sky rpgs can easily and comfortably be played with mouse only, and are turn-based, meaning interruptions don't matter.
(Some of the later sequals require controller, but the Sky games are nicely standalone - you can play the first two and stop)
Can the first game also be played with a controller? As I can't use a mouse.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Good to see Sony still responding to complaints because they sure didn't budge during the PS+ pricing hikes.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
As I play only the hottest new games, I started up Gears Tactics for the first time.

26BJrf8.png

First impressions are very good. It's a hell of a good looking game, that's for sure. Loving that three action economy with bonus actions getting racked up through executions. Lots of good tactical play going on.

OwkE934.jpeg

It was slightly amusing that it started off with a trailer for the Enhanced/Xbox version of the game.

Azuos

Sep 29, 2021
How do you guys play fps games on a TV? Wireless mouse/keyboard?

I tried Outer Worlds on my TV, but could not deal with the controller, so I went back to my monitor.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Also wrapped up some games.

Blue Fire

OD3grqu.png

Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair

aAO9Jbx.png

Really enjoyable games. Blue Fire has some rough edges, in particular the combat and some late game backtracking, but the platforming feels great. Yooka-Laylee is pretty much a Donkey Kong Country game in all but name. Sure, it isn't quite on the level of a DKC: Tropical Freeze, but its still really good, and the soundtrack is excellent. It also has one of the most fun and inventive overworlds in a 2D platformer, and I really dug the concept of every level having two versions.

Both games were also flawless on the Steam Deck. Great games to switch between PC and Deck from session to session.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
As I play only the hottest new games, I started up Gears Tactics for the first time.

26BJrf8.png

First impressions are very good. It's a hell of a good looking game, that's for sure. Loving that three action economy with bonus actions getting racked up through executions. Lots of good tactical play going on.

OwkE934.jpeg

It was slightly amusing that it started off with a trailer for the Enhanced/Xbox version of the game.

I enjoyed it for a couple of hours but I think I just kind of stopped after a while because it felt like every level was blurring together. It's been an issue with a lot of X-COM-adjacent strategy games, I think - the lack of variety really starts to hurt it after a bit.

Fun mechanics, decently well-designed but I felt like it was lacking in staying power.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Gears Tactics is a legit good game that actually expands on the XCOM model, not just copies it, it just didn't have the staying power. You play it once or twice and then move on, unlike XCOM where you say, "well, this is my life now".

It's a well thought out game.

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
I've had Steam for almost 21 years, and I have yet to get all achievements for a single game.
That just tells me you haven't played The Case of the Golden Idol and you should play The Case of the Golden Idol.
It's amazing, and finishing it yields you all the achievements. Also on sale now. You should all play it btw. I know it's ugly.

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1677770/The_Case_of_the_Golden_Idol/

It's actually the second one I "perfect" after Zero Time Dilemma (well that one sucked) for the same reason

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Same. The closest I've ever come was The Wolf Among Us and I still missed 3 of them.

I need 3 more for Helldivers 2. Haven't gone back yet since the bullshit from Sony. May play again this week with it being retracted.

That just tells me you haven't played The Case of the Golden Idol and you should play The Case of the Golden Idol.
It's amazing, and finishing it yields you all the achievements. Also on sale now. You should all play it btw. I know it's ugly.

It's actually the second one I "perfect" after Zero Time Dilemma (well that one sucked) for the same reason

I'll have to take a look at it. I know these aren't normally my thing, but my partner could be up for it. She loves mystery types of games. She does, however, have several finished games with all achievements haha.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021

I want to get it but I am really really bad at any sort of puzzle type stuff. I had to look up Obra Dinn answers in the end.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
I've had Steam for almost 21 years, and I have yet to get all achievements for a single game.
I never bothered with it, like I did on PS4. The last run of first-party games made it pretty easy to get the platinum. It also didn't help that the Steam achievement system was fairly unappealing until recently.

That said, I'm only 3 or 4 achievements away from 100%ing Remake Intergrade, and I can't even stand the game. Help.

Playing Indika.

uhdHXzJ.jpeg

Real beautiful, weird game. Loving it so far.

oTZw8kd.png
It's a really pretty game, all things considered. Like, the asset quality isn't always amazing, but the environments and the lighting more than make up for it.

D O T

Jan 1, 2021
You're just firing all cylinders this month huh Uzzy. I'm still trying to finish Saints Row, really great so far.

20240506012042-1.jpg

Last edited:

AAION

Dec 28, 2018
I think people not super into xcom don't always see how important and involved the strategy meta layer is to the game. If gears gets a second tactics game, that is a clear area they could improve to reduce how repetitive the game is

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017

26BJrf8.png

OwkE934.jpeg

I really like Gears of War and I really like tactics games, but I didn't care much for this. Once the novelty of it being Gears focused wore off, I realized it was pretty meh as a tactics game.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
It's funny how other platforms have no written reviews and show very, very little interest in adding them. You can't have democracy without democratic tools. All (most) other gaming companies do as much as possible to limit visible feedback on their stores/products. GOG is good as well.
These same people actively say they want reviews gone. It's stupidity.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny how other platforms have no written reviews and show very, very little interest in adding them. You can't have democracy without democratic tools. All (most) other gaming companies do as much as possible to limit visible feedback on their stores/products. GOG is good as well.
Xbox actually does have written review sections, I think. That might be a Windows-only thing, because the Windows Store is based on mobile app stores and those have user reviews. They do absolutely make reviews harder to write and find compared to Steam.

marcbret87

Apr 20, 2018
I really like Gears of War and I really like tactics games, but I didn't care much for this. Once the novelty of it being Gears focused wore off, I realized it was pretty meh as a tactics game.

I thought it was quite a lot of fun, did a good job of translating Gears into a tactical setting. Though the forced secondary missions to pad out the campaign got quite annoying towards the end.

I still have nightmares from pushing that cute NPC down the cliff. 🙈
I started to watch a Let's Play yesterday. Went in totally blind not knowing, what to expect. The fuck?
My first thought is the catholic answer to Hellblade.
Originally I wanted to watch a review and check out the OT here, but now I want to continue watching a walkthrough knowing nothing instead.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
I still have nightmares from pushing that cute NPC down the cliff. 🙈

I started to watch a Let's Play yesterday. Went in totally blind not knowing, what to expect. The fuck?
My first thought is the catholic answer to Hellblade.
Originally I wanted to watch a review and check out the OT here, but now I want to continue watching a walkthrough knowing nothing instead.

Orthodox, not Catholic.

It is very what the fuck though. Very original work

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
The trailer for Indika simultaneously sold me and unsold me on getting it eventually, because it was surprisingly funny but also left me wondering if the game actually was a trip or if it was all cheeky marketing.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
GOG reviews are so short though (there's like 2000 character limit, I think)

Not, bad, but usually not enough to really get into what I think about a game. Especially games I like, but I realize have flaws.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was quite a lot of fun, did a good job of translating Gears into a tactical setting. Though the forced secondary missions to pad out the campaign got quite annoying towards the end.

Yeah IMO the tactical combat in Gears Tactic is as good as Xcom, the main issues with it are there's not much of a strategy layer, and the mission types eventually become too samey. Alhough I feel that's an issue Xcom also runs into late game where while you're just waiting for the next big story mission/or research to finish and you're constantly hit with random UFO missions that aren't really challenging any more but you get penalized for ignoring them so you can't skip them either.

Gears tactics corporates the Gears world/mechanics really well and overall is a super solid foundation that would make for a killer sequel that will probably never happen.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021

team reviews haven't steered me wrong before.I have picked up many a random game based on Steam reviews that have barely gotten a mention here. Everything that is Overwhelmingly Positive is worth a go if it is in a genre you like.

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
I want to get it but I am really really bad at any sort of puzzle type stuff. I had to look up Obra Dinn answers in the end.
I don't think it's really hard, and even if you're looking up some answers it's still a good story worth your time imo. Especially at that price. And since it basically tells you how many things you got wrong you can guess again real quick