Status
Not open for further replies.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Sony and MS are truly knocking it out of the park the last week or so. Feel bad for anyone here who can't legally buy Ghost now. (even if I think it's just a worse Asscreed)

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Sony and MS are truly knocking it out of the park the last week or so. Feel bad for anyone here who can't legally buy Ghost now. (even if I think it's just a worse Asscreed)

As i said Sony needs PC players more than PC players need Sony. Most of those regions will still play their games, they will just not pay for them or contribute to Sony MAU.

Vic20

Nov 10, 2019
I'll give you Valhalla but combat wise/options it's dog compared to Odyssey and I don't think even that or Origins has good combat.
Hmm, never really liked the hit box combat in the ass games,

always preferred the animation based combat, so that's probably why I never gravitated to it.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Grabbed Abiotic. Heard it's great solo so I can test it out to see if I can drag friends in to play with me haha.

vitormg

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Animal Well is fucking amazing. Anyone else enjoying this one?

Been enjoying it and Another Crab's Adventure and both are really great games.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll give you Valhalla but combat wise/options it's dog compared to Odyssey and I don't think even that or Origins has good combat.
Based. That's my biggest issue with the recent Assassin's Creed games. I'm fine with the new formula, but the combat feels awful. Honestly almost as janky as The Witcher 3's combat.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
yomMrNb.png

Finished Indika. Delightfully weird narrative game, with a heavy focus on it's themes that wouldn't feel out of place of a Dostoevsky novel. It's surreal, with ruined landscapes that are inexplicably too large for humans to live in, but you traverse through them all the same. There's some minor puzzles, but they're very slight and you tend to get them done real quick, so the game can go back to what it cares about, the themes and narrative. It's very much a linear walking sim, with really quite beautiful views and areas to walk through.

It's about spirituality, and more specifically what that spirituality engenders in people. Indika is a nun with the devil talking to her, while Ilya, the escaped convict you meet on your travels, is convinced he's talking to God. Together you end up travelling to find a relic that'll cure you both. As this is a Russian game, you can perhaps guess that this is not going to end well.

Which, to be fair, while the game does tread over well trodden ground, discussions about free will abound, it's still very well done and always good to see these sort of mature takes on hefty themes in video game form. It is very short though, it took me around 4 hours to complete according to Steam, but you could probably do it in less. The 'If A24 made a video game' review lines are very apt, cause it's practically movie length.

I enjoyed it. I can recommend it. Definitely not for everyone though.

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1373960/INDIKA/

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Restarted my XCOM 2 WOTC run about three times now since I want a semi decent headstart and not limping right out of the gate.

Was getting annoyed as shit with sectoids until I discovered Rangers are their worst nightmare. I think I fucked up going for blademaster over phantom though. Being able to scout without constantly alerting pods in timed missions seems like it would be invaluable.

I know you get the reaper relatively quickly but still.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Is this game worth playing? Never heard of it.

They're very old classic games, most notable for pushing story in a FPS very strongly. What Bungie do there is really impressive actually, especially for the time (Marathon came out a year after DOOM). It starts off good with impressive depth then goes deeper and crazier from there, especially in Marathon Infinity.

But these are shooters from the mid 90s. If you're happy accepting that and the limitations, there's a really great story there to experience. But otherwise your best bet might be watching Mandalore's review of the three games. I'd suggest watching those anyway, and if it interests you skip the Story (Spoiler) sections if you want.

View: https://youtu.be/H9rMu1XYB98?si=_ai2d4bCcsr9-VYa

AvianAviator

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 23, 2021
It is 2am....I have been playing 1000xRESIST for 4 hours .... This game is incredible. It's hitting all the right boxes for me. Even the parts of the plot that I've been able to predict, I don't care, because the presentation is so cool, and it's just nailing all of the themes, I'm so in love with it

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
It is 2am....I have been playing 1000xRESIST for 4 hours .... This game is incredible. It's hitting all the right boxes for me. Even the parts of the plot that I've been able to predict, I don't care, because the presentation is so cool, and it's just nailing all of the themes, I'm so in love with it

I should really start that asap.

TameLucas

May 30, 2019
Montreal
This month is insane. So many games I want to play.

Can't decide between Animal Well, 1000xRESIST, Crow Country or INDIKA haha. I'll probably wait a bit for the latter due to mainly playing on Steam Deck.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
First time posting in the PC Era threads.
So looking forward to Hellblade later this month. Gonna be an insane week with Furiosa (the movie lol) releasing on the same day over here in Belgium.
Will be playing some older titltes like Greedfall and Kingdom Come in the meantime.

koene

Jun 26, 2018
So looking forward to Hellblade later this month. Gonna be an insane week with Furiosa (the movie lol) releasing on the same day over here in Belgium.
Will be playing some older titltes like Greedfall and Kingdom Come in the meantime.

Welcome. Belgium represent!

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017

It is rude to visit place for the first time and not bring Belgian chocolate :D

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Me: I should play 1000xResist.

Also Me: Time for another few missions in Gears Tactics

MGaMAoQ.png

Managed to recruit Debra Wilson who is in every game nowadays which is wonderful.

D O T

Jan 1, 2021
Me: I should play 1000xResist.

Also Me: Time for another few missions in Gears Tactics

MGaMAoQ.png

Managed to recruit Debra Wilson who is in every game nowadays which is wonderful.
Yep, underrated as heck, why troy is more famous when debra already done not only so many voices but also mocap works (with likeness) since last few gens. She probably needs more lead roles.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Completed Kona 2, enjoyable experience. Wanna keep playing Dave the Diver and give Animal Well a try since it's on Plus.

Boopers

Nov 1, 2020
Vermont usa
picked up kena: bridge of spirits today. been wanting to try it for a while, and it's on sale, so why not!

so far it's absolutely GORGEOUS, but it also has the stiffest jumping animation ever -- which means i kinda cant' stop jumping just to see it

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

That would make for quite a different game, but would be amusing. Few generations too early sadly, unless there's some inspiration going on. The game does promise that you'll interact with and play as the likes of Harry Houdini and Arthur Conan Doyle at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.