Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
I'd only be bothered by early access premium if we were talking about a multiplayer game or any game with leaderboard progression systems

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
tbf, Gold edition cost me a fiver more than regular would have thanks to a deal

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
Hitman 2 kinda snuck up on me with their early release version. Looking forward to the performance thread.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Hitman 2 is up for Gold Edition owners.

Ya know it's funny how now this kind of early access isn't frowned upon but back when Deus Ex MD did it, it caused a huge issue.
Happens all the time, hypocrisy.
Wasn't MD the first to actively market it? It made news because it was news. Now it's old, and since there is precedent, people are more likely to become accepting of it.
Doesn't make the behaviour itself good, it just explains why it gets less attention.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
All these attractive characters are making me want to play League of Legends. Then I remember it is a MOBA and tune out completely.

When are Riot Games going to turn Rising Thunder into a League of Legends themed fighting game??
idk but it'd be coool

It's been days

I still can't stop listening to this god forsaken song.
it's so damn catchy!

DrVaDQFUUAA9nyf.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
Why can't you buy Patient Zero separately for Hitman 1? You don't even get a discount on the bundle if you own everything but that and some outfit.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017

So this lauched today, forgot it was coming out. I wanna check it out but I'm busy with other games.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
So wtf is this thing I've been seeing all over the place? These are some League of Legends heroes and they're pop-idols? This is a Riot initiative being ghost-sung by some American and Korea pop-stars?

Unrelated, I have a 33% off steam coupon for D:OS 2 Definitive Ed. if anyone wants, PM me on steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Dr-Acula

it's a real k-pop band that did a music video using 4 LoL heroes in waifu sexy skins (what else?), which includes that admittedly fantastic Neon skin for one of them. That skin is now in the game aswell.

Also the song is pretty good if you like k-pop.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's a real k-pop band that did a music video using 4 LoL heroes in waifu sexy skins (what else?), which including that admittedly fantastic Neon skin for one of them. That skin is now in the game aswell.

So it's just a cross-over thing, and not an in-universe thing?

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
So wtf is this thing I've been seeing all over the place? These are some League of Legends heroes and they're pop-idols? This is a Riot initiative being ghost-sung by some American and Korea pop-stars?
yeah they've recruited two members of g-idle and some american singers and made a fictitious k-pop band that's sort of in the game's universe

there's a bit of hints that there might be other songs down the line, which would be really cool

also they played it live with questionable AR added on top during the league worlds finals this year

i was there

it was AWESOME

it's a real k-pop band that did a music video using 4 LoL heroes in waifu sexy skins (what else?), which including that admittedly fantastic Neon skin for one of them. That skin is now in the game aswell.

it's not a separate skin, akali just throws a smoke bomb that makes her invisible in the game, but if you have the skin she'll do the awesome neon glow thingie (for you, you're still invisible against ur enemies ofc)

So it's just a cross-over thing, and not an in-universe thing?
it's complicated, league skins tend to be considered like reimaginings of the champions (that's why they're so good) and they sometimes come with a bit of lite lore, that is sometimes connected to other skin lines or the main universe, etc. for instance, this skin line exist in the same universe as the odyssey skins they released a couple months ago, because one of the characters on that skin line was a fan of ahri, or people assume this ahri exist in the same universe as another ahri skin (that was also k-pop themed because league is awesome and it has two different kpop skins for a single champion lol) because she has her old popstar costume on her laundry in the video, things like that

there's more info here if you want to dig through it, it's fun: https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/kda/

in the end it's all dumb crap to sell more skins but if you like these characters as much as i do, it's very fun to see them in cool new reimaginings like these

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
so Akali is Valeera in HotS then? Gotcha.

And no I'm not talking about who copied who, just so I understand it in terms of a game I actually play :p

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
so Akali is Valeera in HotS then? Gotcha.

And no I'm not talking about who copied who, just so I understand it in terms of a game I actually play :p
well i haven't played hots but i'm guessing yeah, it's just a classic ninja ability i guess!

hots looks kinda fun btw, they added a hots-like mode to league for some time and that was fun

i wish i had the brains to learn two different mobas

Deleted member 300

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
interesting

Hellgate: London Steam Version includes several modifications, which make it more exciting and interesting for both players holding a DVD-TITLE of the Hellgate and those who enjoyed Hellgate Global.

In order to make the gameplay easier we made several changes in levels of difficulty:
- Reaching levels 20 to 50 became 3 times faster.
- Effectiveness of Magic Chance acquired by hunting monsters improved by 2 times.
- Champion-class monsters appear more often.
- Decreased difficulty of Nightmare and Hell modes.

Game features
[Character]
- Maximum Level 55
- Ability to acquire Expertise Skill through Rank Level System.
- Ability to use all equipment and skills classified by 6 classes.

[Scenario]
- Main Scenario includes more than 60 quests.
- More than 300 kinds of Normal Quests that support character growth and various rewards.
- Variety of maps (London, Stonehenge, Second Attack, Abyss)

[Items]
- Over 1000 equipment items and 500 unique weapons and armors
- Ability to acquire items in the Gamble Shop.
- Item Upgrade System (Added Equipment Item Upgrade features)

Gameplay Essential items (Can be purchased with palladium obtained by hunting monsters)
- Auto analyzer, Auto dismantler, Resurrection scroll, Rader Device
- Retraining items (Attribute, Skill, Expertise skill)

Deleted member 2533

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I was wondering if it was like Backstreet Boys when they were dressing up like movie monsters, where they were just the Backstreet Boys in costume, or if it was more like Gorillaz, where it's not the guy from Blur, it's 2-D. So it's a question more like, is this a pop-band that's getting inspiration from a game, or is this the publisher hiring a pop-band. It seems more like the latter.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
well i haven't played hots but i'm guessing yeah, it's just a classic ninja ability i guess!

hots looks kinda fun btw, they added a hots-like mode to league for some time and that was fun

i wish i had the brains to learn two different mobas

well, I assume you would crush in hots (or anyone that plays the big boy mobas would) since it has no last hit. That is also the reason I dont "upgrade" to the big boy mobas, I cant wrap my mind around the last hit idea. That and match length of course.

Yeah, I was wondering if it was like Backstreet Boys when they were dressing up like movie monsters, where they were just the Backstreet Boys in costume, or if it was more like Gorillaz, where it's not the guy from Blur, it's 2-D. So it's a question more like, is this a pop-band that's getting inspiration from a game, or is this the publisher hiring a pop-band. It seems more like the latter.

its totally the latter. but apparently LoL has a million music videos, its a "thing" for them.

interesting

Hellgate: London Steam Version includes several modifications, which make it more exciting and interesting for both players holding a DVD-TITLE of the Hellgate and those who enjoyed Hellgate Global.

In order to make the gameplay easier we made several changes in levels of difficulty:
- Reaching levels 20 to 50 became 3 times faster.
- Effectiveness of Magic Chance acquired by hunting monsters improved by 2 times.
- Champion-class monsters appear more often.
- Decreased difficulty of Nightmare and Hell modes.

Game features
[Character]
- Maximum Level 55
- Ability to acquire Expertise Skill through Rank Level System.
- Ability to use all equipment and skills classified by 6 classes.

[Scenario]
- Main Scenario includes more than 60 quests.
- More than 300 kinds of Normal Quests that support character growth and various rewards.
- Variety of maps (London, Stonehenge, Second Attack, Abyss)

[Items]
- Over 1000 equipment items and 500 unique weapons and armors
- Ability to acquire items in the Gamble Shop.
- Item Upgrade System (Added Equipment Item Upgrade features)

Gameplay Essential items (Can be purchased with palladium obtained by hunting monsters)
- Auto analyzer, Auto dismantler, Resurrection scroll, Rader Device
- Retraining items (Attribute, Skill, Expertise skill)

legit excited for this, do we know how much it is?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any Don't Starve folks here? Curious on what's the ideal "jump in" point. It looks like Hamlet and Shipwrecked are basically new campaigns, but the Giants one looks like it expands the basic game. Worth starting with the Giants xpac or is the base game good enough?

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
it's actually rito sort of building a k-pop band, cos it's not an existing one. they're also coproducing the music, since the music team at rito is supremely talented. and then they've done the music video

it's weird

well, I assume you would crush in hots (or anyone that plays the big boy mobas would) since it has no last hit. That is also the reason I dont "upgrade" to the big boy mobas, I cant wrap my mind around the last hit idea. That and match length of course.
idk if there's no last hitting then that's a skill that wouldn't transfer so idk :p

last hitting is a weird one, it's kind of an arbitrary skill check they put in these games but it ends up creating a ton of gameplay so it feels pretty core to the whole thing

and yeah, even if league games are now on the short side, 30m is easy to reach

its totally the latter. but apparently LoL has a million music videos, its a "thing" for them.
it's not millions, but they've made a few. here's some of my faves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqtjtJh3j-8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB8TyLTD7EE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zasx9hjo4WY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6zIGXun57U

they also did like a metal band thing that i heard has famous metal people in it but that's not my genre so i can't say much about it: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbAFXJC0J5GaHkc_-9cmRD_oTd--qUZRK

zkylon akali was always best league girl
she got a whole lot better after her rework

Pororoka

Nov 1, 2017
MX
Hey guys. I wonder if this is the correct place to ask, I had a lot of VN and some small indie games like Broforce as a part of a Humble Bundles that I have purchased and included versions for Steam. I played the VN on a small Toshiba tablet with W8.1 and now I try to get all the games on my PC since my tablet died. I am not a big fan of playing on a desktop but I am trying to give it a shot. So far I have installed Steam and such. A friend of mine at work gave me his ID since we both own Broforce and multiplayer sounded great this weekend, and now that I am trying to add him to try multiplayer the program says that I need to spend $5 to unlock those features. I did not expect nor had the knowledge of that and now I am pondering if I really want to buy a game or just give Valve $5 on a wallet just to add a friend.

As I said, I do not like to play on the PC so I was trying to give it another shot so I wanted to ask what games could you recommend me that cost or add up to $5, I can pay a little more mind you, I just do not want to spend a lot since I am just taking this as a test, and I am open to suggestions. :)

I just want to add that my specs are:

AMD Athlon X2 3.4ghz
GeForce 210 (fan cooled)
RAM 8GB DDR3 1333

I know my PC is old, a friend help me build it with what I could buy back in 2009 as an upgrade to my even older PC as I finished college. The only stuff I have ever upgraded was the RAM from 4GB and some new hard drives. I could upgrade my system but it is not my main priority since I started working.

I hope I do not sound harsh or rude, but this is really my first dive on "serious" PC gaming since The Sims 2 was still new.

Thank you guys for you time and for listening me!

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Hey guys. I wonder if this is the correct place to ask, I had a lot of VN and some small indie games like Broforce as a part of a Humble Bundles that I have purchased and included versions for Steam. I played the VN on a small Toshiba tablet with W8.1 and now I try to get all the games on my PC since my tablet died. I am not a big fan of playing on a desktop but I am trying to give it a shot. So far I have installed Steam and such. A friend of mine at work gave me his ID since we both own Broforce and multiplayer sounded great this weekend, and now that I am trying to add him to try multiplayer the program says that I need to spend $5 to unlock those features. I did not expect nor had the knowledge of that and now I am pondering if I really want to buy a game or just give Valve $5 on a wallet just to add a friend.

As I said, I do not like to play on the PC so I was trying to give it another shot so I wanted to ask what games could you recommend me that cost or add up to $5, I can pay a little more mind you, I just do not want to spend a lot since I am just taking this as a test, and I am open to suggestions. :)

AMD Athlon X2 3.4ghz
GeForce 210 (fan cooled)
RAM 8GB DDR3 1333

I know my PC is old, a friend help me build it with what I could buy back in 2009 as an upgrade to my even older PC as I finished college. The only stuff I have ever upgraded was the RAM from 4GB and some new hard drives. I could upgrade my system but it is not my main priority since I started working.

I hope I do not sound harsh or rude, but this is really my first dive on "serious" PC gaming since The Sims 2 was still new.

So you basically have bought no games from steam, just added them from bundle sites?

You got the 3 D's.

Damn dat dedication.

I recommend buying Left 4 Dead 2 when its $5.

One of the best MP games.

Edit: Autumn/Black Friday sale in two weeks.

Deleted member 43872

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 24, 2018

AMD Athlon X2 3.4ghz
GeForce 210 (fan cooled)
RAM 8GB DDR3 1333

Steam prevents limited accounts from sending friend requests as a way of curbing spam bots, but your friend should still be able to send you a friend request!

As for games to remove your account limits, do you like co-op survival games? Don't Starve Together is $6 right now and comes with an extra copy for your co-op partner of choice. The single-player version Don't Starve plus a couple DLCs add up to a bit more.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome, another life time or two and maybe it'll be 38% ;)

Well, it was -80%-ish back in March during Activision publisher weekend (along with Acti collection, that replaces DLC with other games). That was a nice deal (and probably won't happen again).

Even then people complained about the price as it would still be quite a bit if you didn't own any of games.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Late to the party. Congrats!

texhnolyze congrats my man. Hope everything goes well.

Hektor delete kpop

zkylon akali was always best league girl
Thanks, folks!

This is looking right up my alley.

It's just like Skyrim, even the combat looks pretty similar. Movement is kinda floaty though, hopefully they'll address it.

Status
Not open for further replies.