Status
Not open for further replies.

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
Everytime I suddenly remember that I didn't play Samurai showdown yet, I also remember it's still Epic games store only, full priced (never had sale yet), and the DLC needs to be bought separately, okey .....

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everytime I suddenly remember that I didn't play Samurai showdown yet, I also remember it's still Epic games store only, full priced (never had sale yet), and the DLC needs to be bought separately, okey .....

Same. I'm waiting to see if there is an all-in-one package that will be released on STEAM at some point. They really lost me on their back tracking. If they make some sort of ultimate edition and it is still only on the Epic storefront, then I might cave in and buy it if it's not overpriced.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Same. I'm waiting to see if there is an all-in-one package that will be released on STEAM at some point. They really lost me on their back tracking. If they make some sort of ultimate edition and it is still only on the Epic storefront, then I might cave in and buy it if it's not overpriced.
This being egs...you may be better off waiting for it to be offered for free ^^;

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Annoyed that Apex Legends is dropping on Steam at 8pm EST. Which means 4am GMT.

73zffgdji7x51.png

Was looking forward to some matches tonight!

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Year and a half later i am still pissed that there is still no way for me to gift damn Anno 1800 to friend of mine (or any Ubisoft game released after they ditched Steam and implemented keyless activation on other stores).

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
So I played ELEX on high settings while Steam was in "Big Window" mode and it apparently worked great (I also got my PS4 controller to work this time)!

Does Big Window mode do anything or what?

Freezard

Oct 28, 2017
Beat Lost Hope, big step up from Man of Medan. I loved the Silent Hill vibes. The small improvements to the gameplay/controls helps a lot too.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
Ghostrunner really hits the spot in terms of games I've been looking for, infuriatingly so haha. Unforgiving, fast paced, skill based first person action. Plus it looks a treat.

1 gift from XR.

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018
This giveaway has unfortunately been cancelled.

Giveaway

Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from XR. XR.!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition (1 entry)

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Finished Vanquish in 5 hours, so that was well under the 8 hours somebody was predicting! Moved on to Bayonetta now and man is it fun. Really enjoying it. I know 2 is on theee Switch and they're making 3 for the switch as well right? I know chances are basically 0% since Nintendo owns the IP now right? But could Sega put 2 and potentionally 3 far in the future) on Steam if they wanted too? Or does Nintendo 100% own the IP?

2 gifts from XR.

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 2 gifts from XR. XR.!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition - Won by SpitfireKit SpitfireKit (10 entries)
  • Steam Steam: RollerCoaster Tycoon: Deluxe - Won by one of us one of us (8 entries)

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Vanquish in 5 hours, so that was well under the 8 hours somebody was predicting! Moved on to Bayonetta now and man is it fun. Really enjoying it. I know 2 is on theee Switch and they're making 3 for the switch as well right? I know chances are basically 0% since Nintendo owns the IP now right? But could Sega put 2 and potentionally 3 far in the future) on Steam if they wanted too? Or does Nintendo 100% own the IP?
Sega owns the IP, Nintendo owns 2 and 3.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Last edited:

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
Oh nice, Apex Legends finally starts unpacking, so it's available now.

Edit: Can confirm that you can play it without launching Origins. You only need to sign in to your account in-game.

Last edited:

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Now that I have a 3080 I decided to finally go and play the last DLC for Control... I'm getting steady 60fps with everything maxed out (including RT) but I've noticed two things...

1-The gamma seems to be a bit jacked up during gameplay. Not talking about brightness but actual Gamma where there's what looks like almost a grey overlay over everything.
2-There is REALLY bad color banding during the cinematic. I expect to see some since those cinematics are compressed but they look really bad right now.

It almost looks like if the screen was set to Limited colors instead of Full (I confirmed that it is actually set to Full). Or like when you enable HDR in windows but actually play an SDR game (I have also confirmed that the HDR setting is turned off for that screen and there's no mention of HDR anywhere in game).

Anybody has any ideas?

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Was looking through my steam library for a dungeon crawler to play. I decided to try realms of arkania. I was not expecting to be this overwhelmed. For a game this old the world seems huge. Also the atmosphere is insane. I feel like I'll need to read through the entire manual to understand this game.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
It looks like that it will take some time before I get 3070. Friend is in queue on EVGA site and we managed to get in queue at 06:08 on launch date and EVGA is still sending purchase emails to people that were there in first minute. Oh well.

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
Youtube won't stop recommending me videos with that white haired guy from Baldur's gate 3, I know nothing about the game and I don't do games in EA, but am really close to pulling the trigger tbh because of him.

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
Youtube won't stop recommending me videos with that white haired guy from Baldur's gate 3, I know nothing about the game and I don't do games in EA, but am really close to pulling the trigger tbh because of him.

So the recommendation algorithm is working and now you've admitted as much, Google thanks you for this data and appreciates your continued support.

DuppoloGAF

Oct 28, 2017
My pc explodes when i plug it in the new house. Mb, processor and videocard ti buy back. Not a good time for this to happen.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I want to buy Tony Hawk, but I'm not a fan of the online check at startup DRM.

Or isn't persistent online DRM? Can't get a straight answer either way. Regardless, I want to do some ridiculous kick flips but don't want to put up with the nonsense. And not enough people are playing THUG Pro right now.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Portal 2 is getting new Mod and it looks interesting. They added 3rd portal for different dimension/timeliness

Roarer

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
DLC for Control
2-There is REALLY bad color banding during the cinematic. I expect to see some since those cinematics are compressed but they look really bad right now.

It almost looks like if the screen was set to Limited colors instead of Full (I confirmed that it is actually set to Full). Or like when you enable HDR in windows but actually play an SDR game (I have also confirmed that the HDR setting is turned off for that screen and there's no mention of HDR anywhere in game).

Anybody has any ideas?

Are you specifically refering to the Hotline cutscenes with Trench or Marshall? I've always had terrible color banding on those as well, both in the base game and in the DLC. Not sure why it is that bad - tried looking up a few videos online to see if it looked the same and it seems to be an issue with how the videos are encoded.

Edit: Actually saw this one and it doesn't look as bad as my game does: https://youtu.be/2_37ynlzhzE?t=1601

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Are you specifically refering to the Hotline cutscenes with Trench or Marshall? I've always had terrible color banding on those as well, both in the base game and in the DLC. Not sure why it is that bad - tried looking up a few videos online to see if it looked the same and it seems to be an issue with how the videos are encoded.

Edit: Actually saw this one and it doesn't look as bad as my game does: https://youtu.be/2_37ynlzhzE?t=1601
The specific one I noticed the issue being REALLY bad was in the latest dlc, super early on when you see

Alan Wake and Thomas Zane "meeting" each other. It's a black and white cutscene and the banding/pixelization was ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.