• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What game on your wishlist are you adding to your backlog this month?

• Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age

Votes: 142 36.0%
  • 428: Shibuya Scramble

Votes: 33 8.4%
  • Life is Strange 2

Votes: 59 15.0%
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4

Votes: 57 14.5%
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Votes: 103 26.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
h4nsAnW.png

EfSbeZ4.png

2B0QzXu.png

Life is Strange 2 - Uzzy

Life is Strange 2, developed by DONTNOD Entertainment and published by Square Enix, is a five part episodic adventure game which sees you take the role of Sean Diaz, who after an incident in their home town of Seattle, is forced on the run. Accompanied by his younger brother Daniel, Sean must look after his brother while avoiding the police, surviving on the road, and concealing an emergent supernatural power.

The original Life is Strange was something very special, with its focus on well written, emotionally complex characters, that have lived long in the imagination, driving the story and teenage drama. Coupled with a wonderful indie soundtrack, it was a cult indie teen film in video game form. While LiS 2 has a brand new setting and cast of characters, those elements that made me fall in love with the original all appear to have returned, the killer soundtrack and the great characters you just want to spend time with, along with a host of improvements to the engine to make everything look and feel more natural. I'm hella ready for this mosh pit, shaka brahs.

oyCzvC5.png

Destiny 2: Forsake - SeanShards

The Red War is over. The Curse of Osiris has been lifted. And the Warmind is safe for now. But for the Guardians of the Last City, the battles never end. Your Guardian and Cayde-6 of the Vanguard were sent to investigate a prison break at the Prison of Elders. Cayde didn't make it out alive, killed by his own Ace of Spades hand cannon wielded by Prince Uldren. Now, in order to get your revenge, you'll travel to new places, wield a new arsenal of powers and weapons, and uncover the lost secrets of the Awoken.

Each of the nine sub-classes has a new set of talents that can be unlocked, providing changes to existing powers and new Super abilities. There are new challenges for players of every level, from an expansive story set in the Reef, to new strikes and an all-new raid set amongst the Dreaming City. There's an all-new mode called Gambit which blends the best of PVE and PVP into a unique experience. And yes, there is lots and lots of shiny new loot. Your hunt has begun.

Cross Code - Mivey

A retro-inspired Action RPG, about a blue-haired girl that wakes up without any memories in a strange world. The setting of CrossCode has similarities with the .hack series: A single-player game inside an ingame massively multiplayer game. Instead of just a virtual world, CrossCode uses fancy Sci-Fi technology: People's consciousness is sent to distant planet, inhabiting a sort-of hologram body. Unfortunately for our protagonist Lea, something went wrong, leaving her not only without memories, but without the ability to speak as well. So she sets out to regain what she lost, and uncover the secret behind her past.

The gameplay is all about one thing: Balls. In the context of a fast-paced action game, where you attack and solve puzzles by throwing energy balls, that is. You also unlock nifty melee attacks, elemental attacks and you get to upgrade them as the game progresses. The game also features many side-quests, and towns to explore and several dungeons with huge boss fights at the end.

A key feature for me is the great soundtrack, clearly inspired by 16 bit greats of old. The pixel-art also never gets old, and each area of the world features a different style, from lush jungles, to arid deserts, to super sci-fi cities of glass.

Everyone should check this game out.

Dragon Quest XI - PC-tan

SE is finally bringing a mainline Dragon Quest game to PC in the west (DQ Heroes are on PC and DQX is a MMO that was released in Japan only). Are you a fan of turn base RPGs? If so then this is the game for you, not only does it have a colorful assortment of characters it also has an amazing OST. While other popular games like FF have moved away from the traditional format that previous entries followed, DQ is the opposite and if any thing with every new iteration finds some way to stay true to the original formula while also adding it's own unique twist. Expect 100+ hours in this amazing JRPG (perhaps the best JRPG of the last 5+ years), just be warned you will likely have to spend 10+ hours grinding in this game. Also there is no random enemy encounters in this game in case you hate that stuff. This western version will have VA unlike the original JPN release and will also making moving around the map a lot quicker and it will also have a "hard mode"

Rune - Mr. Tibbs

18 years after their viking-romp debut, Human Head Studios are returning to the world of Miguard, with a reimagining of Rune. Like its cult classic predecessor, Rune offers players a chance to engage in brutal melee combat, drink mead and eat lizards to gain health, and lop off your enemies limbs and beat them to death with them! This time, however, rather than a linear adventure, the game takes place in an open world that's been destroyed and flooded. Loki has found a way to keep Ragnarok going, and its up to you swear fealty to a Norse God to stop him and return the world to order. Rune can be played in a solo offline campaign or online with up sixty four players in a single session, with both PvP and PvE letting players team up and raid fortresses together or kill one another for loot. Being able to hop in a long boat with a bunch of vikings and sail to distant islands, engage in ocean warfare with Hel's minions and sea serpents, and take on quests together to fell mythical giants and discover ancient treasures, sounds like an experience that's ripe for adventure.

Pathfinder: Kingmaker - texhnolyze

Explore the wild and dangerous Stolen Lands and recruit companions, delve into dungeons, forge your own story, and build your kingdom from scratch in Pathfinder: Kingmaker. Written by Chris Avellone, you'll meet ten unique companions in the game that boasts more than 1 million words worth of dialogue. In combat, you can let the battles play out in real-time thanks to the AI system, or pause and micromanage your team regularly if you so desire. As the title suggests, you can build up your kingdom any way you see fit, and your moral alignment will play a big role in determining how your lands look. There are seven different game endings in total, along with one 'true' ending.

Zone of Enders - PC-tan

Zone of the Enders 2 a game by the legendary Hideo Kojima, in this game you pilot Jehuty a cool looking mech. Not only do you pilot a mech you can do it using VR!!!!! That's right ZoE2 has SteamVR support. The Music is nice but one of the features that stands out the most is the mech designs by Yoji Shinkawa not only are the mech design great they look ever better thanks to sharpened textures (goes to show that a good design never goes bad). PS the game does not have DS4 button prompts.

Valkyria Chronicles 4 - Hektor

"First they came for the anime, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not an animator.

Then they came for the manga, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a mangaka.

Then they came for the manhwa, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a manhwaga.

Then they came for expensive marvel comic movies—and there was no one left to speak for them"

Soldier, Welcome to Europa.

This war has been going on for long enough!
It is now on you, your childhoodfriend and your rad shiba-inu to turn the pages of this war once and for all!

Your Mission: Find Kurtz.

To achieve this you need to

• Travel deep behind enemy lines
  • Command mighty warmachines
  • Never use anything but scouts because they're by far the most overpowered class in the game
  • And utilize all your strategial and tactical brainpower!

All this and more, in the newest oscar-baiting masterpiece brought to you by Steven Spielberg and the military-industrial complex.

Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk - Andres

"A grid-based dungeon crawler with a story presented in visual novel form, explore the Labyrinth of Refrain for treasure and discover the secret behind it. You create a party, explore an endless labyrinth, collect treasure, take quest, and create better weapons for your party. Full of puzzles and enemies that you battle in turn base combat, the labyrinth difficulty increases with as you carry more treasure.

WARNING: NISA title, so a delay is always possible."

The 7th Circle - Andres

A grid-based dungeon crawler inspired by the hardcore titles of the 90s with new features added to the classic genre. Create a character called your Alter Ego and a explore a horrific world full of demons. Collect items, resources, and new spells as you explore, the game also features perma-death. There are 15 levels to explore plus randomly generate dungeons.

ZeroRanger - Rayge

ZeroRanger is a shoot'em up that's been in the making for over 4 years. The game has seen various builds through the years make its way throughout the community. Many people who enjoyed the early builds have seen this game shaped into something that only a labor of love and passion could accomplish. This is an epic ballad dedicated to various series in the genre. What people are going to get here is a game with tight gameplay, awesome attack patterns, hidden secrets, special power ups that have true impact on the way the game is played, amazing sprite work with a fantastic orange/green color pallete, a heroically charged soundtrack, and last but not least... transforming mecha action. The game does include a second loop that amps up the game even further by including some amazing new angles to the boss fights. This is a tough, but fair horizontal shmup without having to use a bullet hell gimmick.

This final release of the game has new sprite work, improved effects, tightened mechanics, improved sound effects/music, and a new final stage. If you have any love for the genre, this is one game you can't let slip by.

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Rayge

The sequel to Kunos Simulazioni's already superb Assetto Corsa is heading to early access. This new iteration is looking to focus directly on GT3 racing. Mainly the Blancpain GT racing series. This is the most gorgeous hardcore racing game on the market. People looking for a simulator that is significantly more realistic than your mainstream racing game will be in for a treat. Mission for the previous game is a new day/night cycle and rain, a stronger focus on e-sports, and a more curated environment for fans of motorsports. This is not a game for those looking to have a 300+ car garage. These models and physics are meticulously built to provide the most realistic experience possible outside of actually driving one of these beasts.

Graphics are being powered by UE4 with vehicles and tracks built from the ground up. There's also involvement from NVDA to help introduce their new line of graphical technology for their future line of cards. We will finally be about to see what Kunos can do with a little more backing.

MkEYhkb.png

Forza Horizon 4 - fantomena

Forza Horizon 3 is without a doubt one of the best racing games ever made and I have no doubt that Forza Horizon 4 will be just as good or perhaps even better. Driving down the roads in beautiful historic Britain with tons of diffeent types of cars with tons of different activities will be super fun. Lots of activties, many online and social modes and endless of fun in offline singleplayer will hopefully make Forza Horizon 4 the best racing game released this generation.

Lamplight City - NeuralProxy

So you bought Unavowed at launch, played through it and, once you reached the ending credits, you were left in a whirlwind of emotions and with a huge sense of emptiness in your soul.

If that's pretty much your description then rejoice! Lamplight City, the new pixel art adventure game by Francisco Gonzalez, the guy behind A Golden Wake, Shardlight and long time Wadjet Eye collaborator, is releasing on the 13th of this month!

Describing itself as a detective adventure game set in a steampunk past and inspired by the works of none other than Poe and Dickens, Lamplight City promises to let you walk through the streets of a city that, behind the promise of progress and of a shining future, hides many less charming aspects such as poverty and social inequality. You are former detective, now turned private investigator, Miles Fordhman and your job is solving cases while trying to find the killer who murdered your former partner. Explore the darkest corners of the city, interrogate suspects and get to know the stories of Lamplight City's inhabitants. What kind of detective will you be? Will you follow the law or make your own rules?

秘封ナイトメアダイアリー ~ Violet Detector - shockdude

The 16.5th installment of the Touhou Project series comes to Steam! Play as Sumireko Usami, a high school girl with psychic abilities, who finds herself trapped in a never-ending nightmare with Gensokyo's trigger-happy residents. As you battle your opponents, take photos of the bullet hell assault to share on the internet; the flashier the photo, the more likes and shares you'll get! Can you defeat all your opponents and end this nightmare?

428: Shibuya Scramble - PC-tan

Shibuya Scramble was originally a Wii game, when it was released it was praised by Famitsu and given a 40/40. It is a VN that unlike others uses real life images and actors, it also features FMVs that shows real life people as well. The game focuses on you controlling 5 different characters and the ability to choose freely between them, the game also features 50 different possible endings. The game also features a story by Type-Moon that is known as Canaan (well the first part of it anyway). In this game your choices really matter and depending on what you choose the "plot path" will change and possible lead to one of multiple endings, so this is the type of game that you will be replying, luckily the paths branch a lot so it will not always be the exact same thing (The game is Spike Chunsoft and their games have features stuff like this in the past, e.i. Zero Escape).

So if you want to play a game that is very different than what is currently in your Steam library you should check this out since this game is just wacky while also being series (Yakuza??)

Shadow of the Tomb Raider - MRORANGE

The only game of this month that shows the powerful capabilities of the Nvidia RTX ray tracing, the game looks fun as well I guess.

D7sTtCN.png

VVVVVV - Endruen
VVVVVV is a small indie game made by Terry Cavanagh where you play as Viridian, the captain of a group of 6 scientists that had an accident while exploring dimensions on their ship. The crew is lost on this new dimension and as the captain, your job is to find them all to go back home.

The game is a platformer reminiscent of the Atari graphics, with one little twist: you can't jump. Instead, the only thing you can do is to change your gravity, being able to go up and down on the screen to avoid the hazards ahead. The game is challenging and the deaths are assured, but the fast respawn and the abundant checkpoints doesn't make it tedious, encouraging you to keep trying.

And to top it off, the incredible 8-bit OST will keep stuck in your head for years.

List of people who have completed the game:

• MRORANGE
  • Tizoc
  • Dangerblade
  • Dio
  • Parsnip
  • Deques

xM8izhq.png

Rise of the Tomb Raider - Uzzy

Swan diving off of really tall things has always been one of Lara's most graceful moves, so before Shadow of the Tomb Raider releases, why don't you show off how graceful you are by completing the following tasks in Rise of the Tomb Raider.

The Challenge:
Get the 'For My Next Trick' and 'No Guts, No Glory' achievements, and complete the 'High Diving' challenge. These are all accomplished in the Geothermal Thermal valley.

List of people who have completed it (send me a PM if completed!):
  • Parsnip
  • Echo
  • texhnolyze
  • JaseC
  • Uzzy
  • Teggy
  • Monooboe
  • Derrick01
  • Dio
  • dex3108
  • Jiggaloboy
  • ike_
  • bbd23
  • Tizoc
  • Nabs
  • Toast
zIlAMZZ.png

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • NO ANIME / J- ROCK/POP.

xOQEs5n.png

tGKe2ZK.png

The SteamERA Community was founded on Discord on October 2017, a stranded bunch of SteamGAF who united together and embraced on what we thought was the end of times. However as more people joined we found hope and soon started to formulate and plan for the future. This thread would not be possible without the community we have on Discord and I encourage all of you to join if you have not.

You can join this amazing community on Discord with this hidden link that you need to quote:

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
That should be everything, Very busy month for games!

Give a shout if I have missed out your recommendation or there is a mistake.

Thanks again to all those who helped out!

Mad

Oct 25, 2017
I love Septugust! its my favorite month! Way better than Augember.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
Seeing VC4 in the recommendations makes me content that I no longer have to shake my head at Sega for it not releasing on what might well be the most successful platform for the franchise. (I still don't quite understand the how and why of its platform announcement timings though)

Also, I didn't know that Pathfinder: Kingmaker was releasing already. Or the new Touhou for that matter.

Deleted member 4044

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Adding DQXI to the wishlist. Don't know when I'll be able to fit that one in, but consider me interested.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Quiet month for me in terms of PC Gaming.

I'm chomping at the bit for Spidey though.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
I started playing The Bards Tale remastered while I wait for DQ XI and Spider-Man. I am impressed with the port so far! I need a rule book though. It has been WAY too long since I played it.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Hnnng, new thread smell already!

So many recommendations this month.

Sadly I'll have to skip them all for the time being. Shadow of the Tomb Raider is still my most anticipated but I have to complete Rise first. And I'm still excited for Two Hospital.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just here to hype Sir Lora and Quercus' addition in Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Enhanced Edition. I can't beleive it's taken so long for a squirrel knight with a skeletal steed to become a thing--it's so obvious, in retrospect.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
The OP descriptions actually made me interested in Cross Code; I love that premise and the sci-fi allusions. And 428.

Had no idea Assetto Corsa was getting a sequel either, kind of like a GT Sports deal focusing on the community. I probably shouldn't have sold my wheel and pedals.

Courier 7

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Curious about Pathfinder: Kingmaker. Still pretty deep into Yakuza 0 so not sure about getting it at launch. Hoping for a Kiwami release date soon.

For grand strategy fans, Europa Universalis 4 drops it's Dharma expansion pack on the 6th. I'm definitely excited to get my hands on it.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Is Pathfinder: Kingmaker looking to be any good? All I know is the vague mention of Avalonne in the store page and I'm not familiar with the source material.

Edit: also anyone tried Zone of the Enders 2 vr? How is it? That game is so busy that it seems real intense.

Last edited:

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All we know is that It will not be delayed (as far as I can tell) and it was only earlier today when SE finally shared the system req. with us

Damn. It's $45 on gmg which is tempting me but I'm too familiar with how bad SE ports can be sometimes. All of my instincts are yelling at me to wait.

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017
Lauched the ZoE2 demo.

Button prompts are pad-only, there's no control customization and the defaults are bad (fly up is E, fly down is... Z). Can't find config files to edit either.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Only actively excited for Valkyria Chronicles 4 this month. I have Destiny 2 Forsaken but the grind in that game is just obnoxious to me. Hopefully that new mode Gambit is as fun as it seems like it could be.

I want to support the Dragon Quest series on Steam, but DQXI is coming at a bad time for me. Maybe I will play it early next year instead.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
Damn. It's $45 on gmg which is tempting me but I'm too familiar with how bad SE ports can be sometimes. All of my instincts are yelling at me to wait.
It is a good price but then you wouldn't be able to get a refund. Based on the system reqs at least the game asks for modest hardware, nothing too crazy. Well that is with the exception of the AMD hardware which I'm guessing SE didn't put much testing into? Despite the PS4 being made up of AMD hardware (I'm not too familiar with all the details and what not so I will just leave it there).

The DQ team said something about how they planned to look at Nier Automata and see what went wrong there with the PC port and build upon those mistakes

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/dragon-quest-xi-pc-details-native-4k

ussjtrunks

Oct 25, 2017
I know how square usually roll on pc so I'll be buying dragon quest on my pro prob, Nier still not being patched after all this time has left a bad taste.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I think it might be a limit thing.
Yeah, it doesn't work for me either.

I know how square usually roll on pc so I'll be buying dragon quest on my pro prob, Nier still not being patched after all this time has left a bad taste.
I mean, even if you play on PC it's still vastly better than console version, especially if you install the FAR mod. Console, even on Pro, could barely hold 50fps, let alone 60fps. I bought the PS4 version and I regretted it. Should've waited for PC, but it was delayed for Asian region.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
I want to say thanks for featuring my recommendations, it's my first time doing something like that and thinking back there are some changes that I could have done, also I should have spell checked a bit more....

Any way just 5 more day!!!! The hype is real

tumblr_lt768fcZL81r4yzs3o2_500.gif

Also if you have never played DQ, if you ever come across a Metal slime, kill it on site, the buggers are an EXP gold mine.

I'm just going to play Two Point Hospital until then.

By the way anyone knows when the last episode of LiS2 is schedules to release? Will it go until Summer 2019 or just Spring 2019?

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
By the way anyone knows when the last episode of LiS2 is schedules to release? Will it go until Summer 2019 or just Spring 2019?
For TellTale, they don't finish an episode until after the previous one was released, and I imagine DONTNOD is the same. So I don't think even they know the release date at this point.

Q2 or Q3 2019 seems like a reasonable guess, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.