• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, didn't even realize Genshin was F2P
Well yeah it's the worst kind of F2P, gacha.

unknown.png

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Tried Genshin Impact for a bit and it confirmed my suspicion, I can't get into a game with characters that look like that, I just can't enjoy it or take it seriously. The game seemed pretty nice otherwise, oh well.

I was also "entertained" by the mindfuck that was pressing B to advance in the menus and A to go back.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
How long you guys think until the evil within 2 is on game pass. In the mood for a horror game and am really tempted to pick that up and play it again on PC. Also what's better outlast 2 or SOMA??

Last edited:

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
I feel like I need a guide to play Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I'm 40 hours in but I don't feel like I'm progressing; enemies are still huge damage sponges and take forever to take down - and this is on Normal!

Leveling up is, ironically, a punishment since it only means that I need to acquire new gear (or upgrade my current gear) in order to stay efficient, since my enemies are now more deadly due to my higher level. If I just could stay at the level I'm currently at that would be great, Ubisoft!

(but I guess it's a mute point, since the whole game exists for the sole purpose of selling Helix Points 🙄)

While I loved the setting of Origins and Bayek I'm done with the new AC games. The flip in style of games is just way too much. Shame because AC2/Brotherhood are two of my favorite games from the 360/PS3 era.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I feel like I need a guide to play Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I'm 40 hours in but I don't feel like I'm progressing; enemies are still huge damage sponges and take forever to take down - and this is on Normal!

Leveling up is, ironically, a punishment since it only means that I need to acquire new gear (or upgrade my current gear) in order to stay efficient, since my enemies are now more deadly due to my higher level. If I just could stay at the level I'm currently at that would be great, Ubisoft!

(but I guess it's a mute point, since the whole game exists for the sole purpose of selling Helix Points 🙄)
Level scaling at -2 so the regular guys aren't sponges, and set difficulty to hard so the mercs and bosses are still interesting.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Speaking of cool, unusual games:

I don't think I've ever seen a platformer based on Central Asian Turkic epic poems before

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
ok, first
Thanks for ReCore Mentalist !

idk how i feel about taking almost everything in that giveaway so I might put up the others, and maybe some other stuff 👀

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Haha. Go buy a lottery ticket!

I'll probably try putting up some of those Humble Monthly codes in the near future, too. There were a ton of awesome games in the past few months, but I already own many of them (some like Vampyr, even twice).

I really need to stop forgetting to pause my sub.
At least I got Catherine Classic now.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Oh shit had no idea Pendragon was Inkle, will have to check it out. 80 Days is one of the goats and Heavens Vault was such a unique adventure game. Check them out

Hopefully works on integrated graphics since I still can't get a 3080 lol.

Last edited:
4 gifts from Clowns

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 4 gifts from Clowns Clowns!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Dungeon Siege II from Mentalist, thank them! - Won by Mozar Mozar (2 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Dungeon Siege III from Mentalist, thank them! - Won by Mad Mad (3 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Torchlight - Won by Katonix Katonix (2 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Torchlight II - Won by PlatypusDude PlatypusDude (4 entries)

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
First time I've won multiple entries. Kind of wish it would only do that if there's no other entries for your pick, or the other entrants are also winners 🤔

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Sad to see that the PC version of Spelunky 2 won't be launching with online co op play :(

Now I gotta decide if I want to get it and practice for a few weeks first, or just wait until I can experience everything with my friend online.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Level scaling at -2 so the regular guys aren't sponges, and set difficulty to hard so the mercs and bosses are still interesting.
I have level scaling at default which is around -2, unless I'm mistaken.

But I have no intention of increasing the difficulty - if anything I'd like to lower it. As it is, I feel like the brutes have more HP than a typical boss in Dark Souls. 😓

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I have level scaling at default which is around -2, unless I'm mistaken.

But I have no intention of increasing the difficulty - if anything I'd like to lower it. As it is, I feel like the brutes have more HP than a typical boss in Dark Souls. 😓
Isn't the default at 0? That's what it was when I played it. The mercs are meant to be tough :-) Always start with a stealth attack then hero strike, should be 50%-100% hp gone after that, even on Hard.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Sony bullshit..?

I jest. Sort of. I was always under the impression that the PlayStation controllers were just that marginally less native than the Xbox ones are, but that may be an outdated view. Hopefully there's nothing silly stopping the DualSense from working.
Someone would find a way to mod it working if Sony acted like arseholes

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018

Yeah it's just a regular action game with numbers going up, no progression at all. I hate level scaling.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
You can't skip the Dark Souls 2 end credits and I have to go to work...

I feel like I'm being punk'd right now

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Fairly new to PC gaming (started this year, but didn't find much time so far for it). Preordered the new Xbox Series controller.

Looking forward to this and maybe subscribing for a month Game Pass for the first time (hope to find time over Xmas).

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Isn't the default at 0? That's what it was when I played it. The mercs are meant to be tough :-) Always start with a stealth attack then hero strike, should be 50%-100% hp gone after that, even on Hard.
"Default" is dependent on the difficulty set, so on Normal I think it's two levels below current level. On Hard or higher I imagine it's automatically set to Heavy which means 0 levels below.

Yeah, I can get behind the idea of having though enemies but for me this just means it takes more time rather than being challenging. I'm mostly sticking to mashing R1 with the occasional dash attack or kick, so maybe I need to vary my combat routine but I'm not sure how. :p

I always try to get in a backstab before entering combat, but it's not always possible. I'll look into the Hero Strike though!

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
"Default" is dependent on the difficulty set, so on Normal I think it's two levels below current level. On Hard or higher I imagine it's automatically set to Heavy which means 0 levels below.

Yeah, I can get behind the idea of having though enemies but for me this just means it takes more time rather than being challenging. I'm mostly sticking to mashing R1 with the occasional dash attack or kick, so maybe I need to vary my combat routine but I'm not sure how. :p

I always try to get in a backstab before entering combat, but it's not always possible. I'll look into the Hero Strike though!
The Hero Strike is the best tool during combat by far. And that assassin rush attack to hit up to 4 enemies (or the same 2 enemies twice). Don't forget the parry move during combat, making sure not to try it during a non-blockable attack. And if a merc fight is going badly, run away and use arrows. Or, start the fight by staying on horse and filling him with arrows.

I just checked, indeed the default scaling on Normal is -2 so my earlier tip didn't help, sorry. The default is -1 on Hard, which I changed to be -2. I don't notice regular enemies being sponges though, even on Hard and -2. The assassin rush attack is OHK about half the time on regular enemies, and leaves them with a sliver of health otherwise. Some mercs can be tough, other times I get lucky and OHK stealth strike them.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Started and finished Firewatch in a couple of days. Pretty good. Different than I was thinking it would be, as far as exploration, but not bad, not bad. Played through the PC digital release of Freedom Fighters twice also. Would like to get through a bunch of my shorter games before November.
tenor.gif

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Wrapped up Darksiders Genesis, so I'll shut up about it now. You guys can be happy. Kidding, not yet.
The best part was the banter between Strife and War, and the worst part was the camera. The graphics, music, and gameplay were all passable, but nothing mind boggling. The story was trash. The ending, especially, was underwhelming af. Thank God for Game Pass, because if I had bought this at full price or something, I'd be very sour now. 6/10

Gonna play Red Dead Redemption 2 next, because I'm not getting a new gfx card after all. I would need to upgrade my mainboard and CPU, and get an nvme too. Too expensive. Gonna get a Series X for now, and upgrade my PC much later. $500 for a modern 8 core CPU, an RNDA2 card, and a super fast nvme is too good to pass up. Add Game Pass' value to this mix, and it's simply a no brainer for someone on a tight budget like me.

Last edited:

theSoularian

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if the PS5 controller will work on PC yet?

Tempted to order one for at least some next gen newness.

Steam will most likely add support for it(like with DS4), but I don't think Sony will release official drivers for it.
Microsoft should just do what Apple did for iOS and just add support for all these controllers to Windows 10.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Steam will most likely add support for it(like with DS4), but I don't think Sony will release official drivers for it.
Microsoft should just do what Apple did for iOS and just add support for all these controllers to Windows 10.

Yes. It's hilarious that Apple seems to have the best native controller support of ANY OS with iOS, yet the absolute worst OS for gaming. Jeeze Tim Apple, get a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.