• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I was hoping to love the SX controller, but I prefer my XBO controller. I have bigger hands so it feels better, and my main gripe is actually the plastic textured backs. It gives my hands rugburn. Really uncomfortable I really hate that backing.

_Aaron_

Oct 29, 2017
Unless there's some kind of rechargable battery pack accessory, you cannot charge the batteries with a USB-C cable.

I really like the controller though. The d-pad is a big improvement and everything else is a bit more refined.

The Xbox One recharge kit works with a Series X controller. You can just buy any USB-C cable to connect and charge it.

I got a Series X controller for my PC because the trigger broke on my Xbox One controller.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
The texture on the grips of the XSX controller is incredible and game changer for me personally. Big fan over the XB1 controller, even though the actual changes are so minimal. I love the texturing of both next gen controllers.

Oct 31, 2017
I like mine! Upgraded my go to PC controller from my Wii U Pro Controller to this one! Loving it so far especially the color (snagged the Roboto Blue). I love the dpad and the textured feel it really feels a high quality controller.

Right now I'm waiting for my wireless adapter to arrive so I can use the aux for this controller and get an overall better wireless connectivity.

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. I don't recommend the new controller over the XB1 controller. I came to the realization a few days ago that I'm probably stuck with the XB1 controller on my PC for the next 7-8 years.
Can you elaborate? I've been using a Dualsense on PC and I am very pleased with the controller. However I'm interested in the new Xbox Series controller, to have and confront both next gen pads. What are your criticisms? How the sticks compare to the dualsense, specifically precision and tension?

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Can you elaborate? I've been using a Dualsense on PC and I am very pleased with the controller. However I'm interested in the new Xbox Series controller, to have and confront both next gen pads. What are your criticisms? How the sticks compare to the dualsense, specifically precision and tension?

It's a bit too small for my liking. I don't like the changes they made to the shoulder buttons - they're smaller and they don't travel enough. They don't feel as good. The added grip is just a bit too much. I think they nailed it in the later versions of the XB1 controller.

Honestly the biggest positive, for me, is the dpad. And that's not enough for me to overlook the rest of the controller. Ideally I would like an XB1 controller with a series x dpad and a bit more tension in the analog sticks.

As for the dual sense - I really like the controller. It's the best controller Sony has made, but I'd still pick the 360 and XB1 controllers over it. If those controllers didn't exist I think I'd be perfectly happy using the dual sense as my main controller on PC.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A Dualsense with DS4 windows is a better choice. The XB1 controller is still pretty good, making the new Series controller just optional.

MachRc

Oct 6, 2020
I use the one s controller for PC, because I have issues with playing yakuza zero with the series x black controller(right stick wont work for some reason).

I never use the playstation 4 controllers or switch pro controllers because every windows game uses xbox controller scheme more than anything else.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I just picked up a Shock Blue Series X/S controller for my PC a few days ago and I think it is definitely worth the upgrade. The tweaked ergonomics plus the new textured grips/triggers are fantastic and improved an already brilliantly designed controller plus no more crappy micro USB connector.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2018
Rockwall, Texas
I mean if you just are itching to spend the money then sure go ahead as USB-C is superior to MicroUSB but outside of that they're basically the same. Small difference in size, small difference in texture grip, small difference in shoulder buttons but nothing that says "worth it!" outside of maybe USB-C. Still if you are satisfied with your current controller just stick with it. You aren't really missing anything except the share button.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Does the existing XB1 play and charge kit and wireless dongle for PC work for Series S/X controller? Or do I gotta rebuy them?

mario_O

Nov 15, 2017
No, i was able to make the controller disconnect just now, in a repeatable manner, by entering the quest menu of Dragon Quest XI (pc game pass).

it is a known issue and will be fixed sometime soon hopefully.

answers.microsoft.com

XBOX Series X Controller keeps disconnecting

Hey guys, Got a weird situation in my hands and i can't find a solution. I recently bought an XBOX Series X controller to use on my XBOX One. All games that are for XBOX One work normally. When i load
I had the same problem. Downloaded the Xbox Accesories app from the Windows Store, plugged the controller, and it updated the software of the gamepad. After that I've never had a disconnection. (Using a bluetooth dongle).

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
A Dualsense with DS4 windows is a better choice. The XB1 controller is still pretty good, making the new Series controller just optional.
Not necessarily, since if you boot up DS4Windows and the games/clients in the wrong order, you run the risk of getting double inputs due to the lack of exclusive controller mode.

Unless you like Sony's controllers that much more or plan on using the touchpad for DS/3DS/Wii/Wii U emulation, it's not necessarily a better choice. A different choice, but not a better one.

EagleBen

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not at all. The other day I was playing my Series X for two hours before I realized I was using my Xbox One controller.

R1CHO

Oct 28, 2017
Bought it at launch because a shoulder button of my old gamepad wasn't working.

Not worth it. Just get it when you pad days.

dPad seems better, that's all.

Grip texture feel weird, at least at the begging.

mario_O

Nov 15, 2017
Bought it at launch because a shoulder button of my old gamepad wasn't working.

Not worth it. Just get it when you pad days.

dPad seems better, that's all.

Grip texture feel weird, at least at the begging.
I agree with this. Don't mind the textures on the triggers, but it doesn't feel good on the back of the gamepad. It's a minor issue, but I do feel some discomfort holding the controller with those textures on my hands. It feels a bit like holding sandpaper.

Last edited: