• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jar0d

Banned
Jun 11, 2019
Are you sure? Wasn't it just that a switch version was heavily rumored since i never heard about a PC rumor.

I won't burn the source I have, but yeah, 100% sure and people can quote me on that later. It's a source that spoiled every Atlus announces to me for the past 7 years in great details and I doubt I'm the only person he's in contact with. I don't doubt him. I also know for sure he's involved with SegaJap/Atlus, at a good position.

A Switch version of Persona 5 was never in talk, as far as I remember. It was mostly inflated wishful thinking or straight liars. That doesn't mean it won't come at some point, just that the rumors were bullshit at the time.

Oh and if you want one more thing, SMTV is in dev hell right now and you won't hear about it for some times. I'd be surprised if you hear about it again before BOTW2 release.

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
More Yakuza is allways welcome but everyone seem to have missed this piece of information.

Looks like Atlus has the final say in pc ports. So yeah rip i guess?
If Atlus' past behavior is any indication, they'll just create a new franchise for the PC and keep that PC-exclusive instead of porting their existing games.

On topic: That's fantastic to hear. I pre-ordered both 0 and Kiwami on Steam (holding off on Kiwami 2 until the animation patch drops), happy to hear it's that much of a success for Sega. Hopefully that means the PS4 remasters will launch on PC simultaneously for the rest of the world.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Sega could hurry up and at least announce the remaster of 3, 4, 5 for the west before the hype is gone again (if it isn't already) and before we already have the next gen coming. :/

They had such a good pacing with the last releases, almost crazy with Kiwami 2 and then... Dead, nothing anymore. :(

Demacabre

Nov 20, 2017
Good news all around.

My view on exclusive is this: If you are the sole publisher and funder of a game from the ground up, okay... that makes sense. I don't root for it but it isn't objectionable. If a company swoops in at a later stage and pays off a dev or a pub to keep it off of other systems and storefronts, get fucked.

ClayModel

Oct 29, 2017
As a Yakuza fan, everyone should be able to play the utter insanity that is Yakuza, a series that somehow knows how to balance fun whackiness and serious focused tones throughout 6 games and even more coming.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Sega could hurry up and at least announce the remaster of 3, 4, 5 for the west before the hype is gone again (if it isn't already) and before we already have the next gen coming. :/

They had such a good pacing with the last releases, almost crazy with Kiwami 2 and then... Dead, nothing anymore. :(
Is not death, they are focusing on Judgment which is coming out in a couple of weeks. Plus, we got the RGG Studio made Fist of the North Star after Kiwami 2.

shadowman16

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a PS4 Yakuza player, Yakuza is for the people! Glad more get to enjoy this gem!

...With that all said, let us get our hands on 3-5 remasters. My 2019 has been devoid of Yakuza and that ain't right.
Well look on tthe bright side, Judgment is out in just under 2 weeks! (its basically Yakuza in all but name and protagonist)

Did the 3/4/5 ports on PS4 release in JPN?
5 is out next week, but 3 and 4 are out in Japan. Both are excellent, 3 especially benefits from the remaster treatment so much now that the textures and signs pop in HD, as opposed to being ugly and blurry sub HD things on the PS3! Combat in both feels way better too thanks to the FPS jump.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Well look on tthe bright side, Judgment is out in just under 2 weeks! (its basically Yakuza in all but name and protagonist)

5 is out next week, but 3 and 4 are out in Japan. Both are excellent, 3 especially benefits from the remaster treatment so much now that the textures and signs pop in HD, as opposed to being ugly and blurry sub HD things on the PS3! Combat in both feels way better too thanks to the FPS jump.

Wow thanks. Thought they were still coming. Really nice to hear the port improved the games. Now Sega needs to make them happen here.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Give us a remastered Binary Domain on current platforms *shakes fist*

I suspect the trend of PC releases is to acclimate the audiences to eventual simultaneous platform releases in the West.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Was great to see this series pick up so much steam over the last 3 or 4 years, and glad PC players get to enjoy it to. Bring on the Remastered 3/4/5 collection!

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
I won't burn the source I have, but yeah, 100% sure and people can quote me on that later. It's a source that spoiled every Atlus announces to me for the past 7 years in great details and I doubt I'm the only person he's in contact with. I don't doubt him. I also know for sure he's involved with SegaJap/Atlus, at a good position.

A Switch version of Persona 5 was never in talk, as far as I remember. It was mostly inflated wishful thinking or straight liars. That doesn't mean it won't come at some point, just that the rumors were bullshit at the time.

Oh and if you want one more thing, SMTV is in dev hell right now and you won't hear about it for some times. I'd be surprised if you hear about it again before BOTW2 release.
I hope you know you're going to have to prove this to mods.

shadowman16

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not a Yakuza game.
I mean, it really is. I've finished the game 100% and the only things missing from it being Yakuza are Kiryu, hostess clubs and some of the more illegal elements in the games (underground arenas, illegal weapon purchasing etc.) but you can still get weapons, the arena is wrapped into a new mode and heck the Tojo Clan still has a presence in the game, as you'd expect from a game set in Kamurocho.
Story wise it still feels like a Yakuza game, gameplay totally feel like Yakuza (the combat especially) and the overall game design (story, side content, mini games) fits the Yakuza template to a "t".
Its just as much of a Yakuza game as the two PSP Black Panther games are, side stories based in Kamurocho that focus on the lives of other characters that ultimately get dragged into a larger mysterious plot with the Tojo Clan.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it really is. I've finished the game 100% and the only things missing from it being Yakuza are Kiryu, hostess clubs and some of the more illegal elements in the games (underground arenas, illegal weapon purchasing etc.) but you can still get weapons, the arena is wrapped into a new mode and heck the Tojo Clan still has a presence in the game, as you'd expect from a game set in Kamurocho.
Story wise it still feels like a Yakuza game, gameplay totally feel like Yakuza (the combat especially) and the overall game design (story, side content, mini games) fits the Yakuza template to a "t".
Its just as much of a Yakuza game as the two PSP Black Panther games are, side stories based in Kamurocho that focus on the lives of other characters that ultimately get dragged into a larger mysterious plot with the Tojo Clan.

You also fight an Amon, if that's not a hallmark of a Yakuza game, then I don't know what is.

Last edited:

lush

Oct 26, 2017
Knoxville, TN
I'm assuming they are waiting for Judgement to release in the West before announcing Yakuza 3-5 remasters localization. That's what I keep telling myself. I played 4 Yakuza titles last year and this year, nada.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
A big thing in this is that Sega Japan is invested in PC as well, not just Sega Europe, the division that's been contracting all these ports.

Dec 15, 2017
Great, now strongarm Atlus to follow suit. I don't know, tie the executives bonuses to the number of PC ports released by year with a very positive rating on steam

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
So glad to see pubs and game series really enjoying the success of going to PC, its awesome, hopefully one day people on switch and xbox can enjoy these games too. The more people that get to play great games like these the better.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017

Very interesting. Only a few months after the PS4 release is weird, as if there isn't some kind of timed exclusivity agreement.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
That's great! Now release them on the remaining platforms.
remasters come to Xbox plzzzz

Yeahhhh....

I've given up on this bullshit to be honest. For many years now I kept hoping they would bless us during E3 with a surprise announcement and the only real news we had this year was Sega saying no plans to bring it to Xbox.

Which is just shit, especially after the developer had said it could come to Xbox. Seems like he was interested in that, but Sega isn't. Sigh.

shadowman16

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Major Game spoilers
You also fight an Amon, if that's not a hallmark of a Yakuza game, then I don't know what is.
I'd spoiler that if I were you, I've purposely not been talking about that because some people might want to be surprised about that. But yes, your absolutely right, that's one of the pillars of Yakuza and its one of the best bits of the game for me.

Yeahhhh....

I've given up on this bullshit to be honest. For many years now I kept hoping they would bless us during E3 with a surprise announcement and the only real news we had this year was Sega saying no plans to bring it to Xbox.

Which is just shit, especially after the developer had said it could come to Xbox. Seems like he was interested in that, but Sega isn't. Sigh.
Nagoshi is also high up at Sega as well as looking after the Yakuza studio, so he'd be (one) of the ones making the decision. It might be the case that they are waiting for the upcoming soft reboot (Shin RGG) rather than porting 7 previous games to the Xbox. Who knows.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd spoiler that if I were you, I've purposely not been talking about that because some people might want to be surprised about that. But yes, your absolutely right, that's one of the pillars of Yakuza and its one of the best bits of the game for me.

Nagoshi is also high up at Sega as well as looking after the Yakuza studio, so he'd be (one) of the ones making the decision. It might be the case that they are waiting for the upcoming soft reboot (Shin RGG) rather than porting 7 previous games to the Xbox. Who knows.
I threw the tag, but to be honest, it's not a major surprise, given the series' history...it's a staple. Now if it were Binary Domain and it had that, then yea, I could see it.

shadowman16

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I threw the tag, but to be honest, it's not a major surprise, given the series' history...it's a staple. Now if it were Binary Domain and it had that, then yea, I could see it.
I agree, but I had someone go off on me for mentioning something a one super unimportant character in a side story says in the game, so its better to be safe than sorry!