• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/dev-diary-2.127196/

Are you planning to continue making improvements to the gameplay environment, in the future?

• Black Desert Online is very important to us, and we want BDO to last for another 20-30 years. We will continue to improve the gameplay environment, as we accumulate knowledge, and our technology improves. Recently, we released information on the graphic remastering we are currently working on, and hope to release next year. This is only one of the tasks we will use to improve the gameplay environment.

In addition to this announcement, they also revealed some new content coming up:

https://steparu.com/latest-news/2507-pearl-abyss-new-content-and-improvements-revealed

New class:

bdo-new-contents-main.jpg

Gameplay trailer:

New UI Improvements:

3d-map-bdo.jpg

Black Desert Online's UI is also receiving a makeover that lets players decide how much information is displayed on screen. In Action mode, only UI elements that are connected with combat (HP, quick slots, buff/debuff icons, etc.) are visible. In addition, Pearl Abyss is working on a 3D mini-map that not only highlights points of interest but also shows elevations in the landscape.

3d-map-bdo2.jpg

3d-map-bdo6.jpg

Better quests, life skilling, and tutorials

New Dreegan Region

Dreegan is a new territory in Black Desert Online inhabited by ferocious dragons. Players will have to engage in a new form of party play in order to survive this inhospitable place. This new content is planned for early next year.

dreegan.jpg

dreegan3.jpg

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
eC4Qb8q.gif

I mean, I would consider that ambitious as fuck for the MMOs that are actually good and have huge playerbases, but I suppose the only other attitude is 'hey we want it to die' which obviously they don't.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Aren't they already working on a new game though?

30 years is too much even for WoW, let alone BDO.

i'm still baffled with this game coming to consoles, I just don't see it working unless they heavily rework it.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
More skimpy outfits and underwear, please.

Be real, that's the only reason people get interested in the game.

Dec 23, 2017
I bought whatever was the highest founders package for this game.

I enjoyed the game for about a year but it got rather stale for me quickly. Outside of the level grinding, there really wasn't much to do other than work on life skills. There are a lot of different life skills to work on but each feels like an eternity to level. I wasn't keen on leaving my PC on to AFK level them and I didn't like PvP being gear based. The game lacked optimizations and polish too.

I stuck with PvE content for awhile but eventually I stopped playing the game. Trying to keep up with the gear grind to stay competitive didn't sit well for me with the whole enchantment system and the chance of destroying your accessories if you failed a PRI, DUO, TRI, or higher.

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
If they said 10, it would be a confident and ambitious mark.

But what multiplayer video game is still being played 30 years later? What MMO is 30 years old?

Anyway, this game is coming to XB1, right? I didn't just dream that at E3, correct?

Mithos

Oct 27, 2017
The bigger update that came this summer (don't remember its name) pretty much killed the game for me, when booting it up after that and still, the entire computer slows down and the game run in slow motion.

Edit:

Anyway, this game is coming to XB1, right? I didn't just dream that at E3, correct?

As far as I know/heard its supposed to come to both Xbox One and PS4.

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
i gave it a shot, but the game felt incredibly boring. There is just this huge dump of systems and sub-systems on top of systems that all require multi-tier grinding and quests to get the needle moving that i just... couldn't even process everything. I remember at one point early on, the game had dumped me so many tutorials for systems and pgoression i started to mix them up.

And the grind... dear lord the grind. I Honestly do not have any more time in my life for that.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

Weirdly, it is lol. I think PS4 will come later too.

I bought whatever was the highest founders package for this game.

I enjoyed the game for about a year but it got rather stale for me quickly. Outside of the level grinding, there really wasn't much to do other than work on life skills. Leveling life skills takes a really long time, and I wasn't keen on leaving my PC on to AFK level them and I didn't like PvP being gear based. The game lacked optimizations and polish too.

I stuck with PvE content for awhile but eventually I stopped playing the game. Trying to keep up with the gear grind to stay competitive didn't sit well for me with the whole enchantment system and the chance of destroying your accessories if you failed a PRI, DUO, TRI, or higher.

Luckily being pay2play means that you can leave and come back whenever you want. I do that to check new content and classes. I don't care about PvP so I ignore the (FUCKING) terrible enchanting system and just buy the shit I need, and I leave when I get bored again.

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
Well that UI certainly looks better than the one the game currently has so I'm excited for that alone.

The game has a combat system that feels great, it's just the other areas that are lacking a bit.

Dec 23, 2017
Weirdly, it is lol. I think PS4 will come later too.

Luckily being pay2play means that you can leave and come back whenever you want. I do that to check new content and classes. I don't care about PvP so I ignore the (FUCKING) terrible enchanting system and just buy the shit I need, and I leave when I get bored again.

Another thing I didn't like was the amount of people AFK leveling their life skills. The game kinda promotes AFK leveling and I didn't like that because it crowded up the channels with people who were not ''playing'' the game.

I felt that it was also the cause of server lag and frame rate drops and other issues they were having.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I tried to get into it, the "korean grindfest" nature of the game turned me off of it. I enjoyed the combat and the world looks great, but the way life skills worked as well as lack important PvE combat kinda bored me.

It also had a horrible tutorial where it throws 100 different UIs at you at once.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Well, that is certainly an ambitious goal lol. Which other MMORPG lasted even half as long? Ultima Online, i guess there is stlll one official server going.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Another thing I didn't like was the amount of people AFK leveling their life skills. The game kinda promotes AFK leveling and I didn't like that because it crowded up the channels with people who were not ''playing'' the game.

I felt that it was also the cause of server lag and frame rate drops and other issues they were having.

The AFK stuff is a double edged sword IMO. Apart from what you say (that it's true, Heidel is barely playable to me), it afects a lot the economy.

It is cool that you can AFK fish or other stuff and get money when you're not playing, problem is that if you DONT, you'll have big chances to be left behind money-wise when you reach late game gear-wise (unless you're a heavy grinder). And not everyone can have their PC 24/7 on.

It's one of the reasons why I feel the game isn't as fitting for consoles (combat being the second, unless it's heavily reworked, no way in hell the console verison share PC servers though).

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Everquest will be 19 years old in March and they just put out an expansion, haha.

Final Fantasy XI will be 16 in May.
FF11 officially 'stopped' updates though right?

Pretty sure EQ1 is the oldest actively developed MMO, but I suppose I could be wrong. That said, that's fucking almost as old as the genre.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Is this game coming to PS4 EU by any chance? Not really a fan of MMOs and their fetch quests, but damn this one's gorgeous.

Dec 18, 2017
More skimpy outfits and underwear, please.

Be real, that's the only reason people get interested in the game.
I feel like Tera and several other games are much better suited to that.

I play the game because of the lack of level cap coupled with the other quality aspects of the game and variety of things to do. I like how endless it is. I always feel a strange mixtures of satisfaction and disappointment whenever I hit the level cap in an MMO. I enjoy the leveling process much better than the gear treadmill that MMOs do at the endgame. Progression feels endless in Black Desert in a way that it doesn't in other games with a level cap. Even if it does significantly slow at later levels.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Have they added better PvE content yet? Cause I love the world but don't care for the PvP.

Blizniak

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe in 20 years our PCs will be fast enough to eliminate all the pop-in because they sure aren't keen on doing so.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
does equipment still not change the way you look and you have to spend $10 for costumes?

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
The claim sounds so ridiculous until you remember WoW will reach 20 years running for sure.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I refuse to continue playing this game until I get at least one pet off the marketplace. The only reason I have a pet at all is because I bought the Explorers pack. The thing is I would be willing to spend double or even triple the going price for one. I really hate the loot pickup system requiring pets to make it easier. Guild Wars 2 at least had a way to pick up surrounding loot at once.

I haven't even touched any of the Value Packs, and things other than the pet and horse that came with the Explorers pack.