lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Wait what... mhh then just digitally de-age her for S1 , then have her be a 40yo kicking ass in S2 :D

Shes also more known for voice acting afaik, and maybe just did not want to do the same role all over again. There could be many reasons, and I think its best to give someone else the roles for these characters instead of trying to mimic what already exists.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wait for Iwan Rhein to be cast as David

Deleted member 10612

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shes also more known for voice acting afaik, and maybe just did not want to do the same role all over again. There could be many reasons, and I think its best to give someone else the roles for these characters instead of trying to mimic what already exists.
Must suck balls being the one giving a char her personality while on a "salary", then someone else gets to be a potential multimillionaire doing the char in a HBO series... but i get it. They need someone younger esp for S1.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Its hard because we already have a very detailed and cinematic representation of Joel, like, right now. Its not like it was 15 years ago and it was vague.

I dont know if I have seen anything from Pedro Pascal to capture that Joel character, but ill keep an open mind.

Negotiator117

Banned
Jul 3, 2020
Its hard because we already have a very detailed and cinematic representation of Joel, like, right now. Its not like it was 15 years ago and it was vague.

I dont know if I have seen anything from Pedro Pascal to capture that Joel character, but ill keep an open mind.
I think he's a good actor and will do a fine job, if it was a perfect world you'd have Josh Brolin play Joel but that's not realistic. The girl playing Ellie is more of an unknown but I'm sure she'll be fine as well, looking forward to this. Also on a side note is that Halo show still going ahead?

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
He looks pretty close in terms of visuals but I wonder if he can nail that raw brutality Joel has.

Oct 27, 2017
Must suck balls being the one giving a char her personality while on a "salary", then someone else gets to be a potential multimillionaire doing the char in a HBO series... but i get it. They need someone younger esp for S1.
I doubt Ashley Johnson is hurting for money, she was a regular cast member for 5 years on a show that just ended last year. Why hire a 37 year old for the role of a teenager just to spend millions on de-aging, when you can just hire a teenage actress?

Deleted member 86306

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 20, 2020
Hmmm... weren't there rumors he wasn't happy playing Mando, because he was always wearing the suit? Maybe there was something to it then. I don't see him continuing to play that role. That actors continue to play 2 roles in seperate shows almost never happens. I expect The Mandalorian (the show) to be dead soon.
That's shit. Loved the show. Can't deny he's a great choice though.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm... weren't there rumors he wasn't happy playing Mando, because he was always wearing the suit? Maybe there was something to it then. I don't see him continuing to play that role. That actors continue to play 2 roles in seperate shows almost never happens. I expect The Mandalorian (the show) to be dead soon.

Nah. He didn't like how little he was actually in the suit for Season 1 and so they made a larger effort to get him in the suit for Season 2.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Games already have such a cinematic language that if they are adapted as they are, it will be like the remake of The Lion King. It will probably be a success but I don't see what new it will bring.

DarkVaber32

Nov 15, 2018

A bit of a stretch that Mandolorian is already a dead show. For now, the story of Mandolorian is complete, and we are getting a Boba Fett tv show first, but after that I don't expect they will do nothing with continuing on the Mandolorian. Most likely you will still see him in one tv series only, but the time the series air will be different.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Great choice. Now that the main duo is chosen, I'm wondering about support cast- Tommy, Marlene, Tess, Bill, Henry&Sam, David... Also, how much TLOU2 story will start to get told when they reach the hospital.

Better choice than Mahershala, guess this means Mando S3 is a ways out then which is a real shame
It should be noted that Pedro is not always in the Mando's suit [his stuntman performs for majority of the time]. He gets called to suit up only for some [not all] dialogs and for the scenes without helmet. In S1 episode set on Tatooine, it was reported he was barely on the set for that one.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
It should be noted that Pedro is not always in the Mando's suit [his stuntman performs for majority of the time]. He gets called to suit up only for some [not all] dialogs and for the scenes without helmet. In S1 episode set on Tatooine, it was reported he was barely on the set for that one.

Is there any particular reason for why he is suiting up so little?

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
giphy.webp
Great casting.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
I highly recommend Prospect for anyone that hasn't seen it. Pedro is a fantastic pick for this role.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The girl playing Ellie could be good. She did a pretty good hard ass routine for the few scenes she had in GOT.

and Pedro I think could be great except the guy can't grow a beard to save his life...hoping the fake one they stick on him looks good.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know there a fair amount of problematic views from her. But I honestly think Gina Carano would do a good job. Every time she pops up in mandalorian I immediately think of Abby.
Even if we were to ignore all the crap that comes out of her mouth, Gina Carano is an absolutely shite actor.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
I know there a fair amount of problematic views from her. But I honestly think Gina Carano would do a good job. Every time she pops up in mandalorian I immediately think of Abby.

Normally I tend to seperate actor views from their roles, but having a TERF play a role that interacts with a transgender character would be pretty tone deaf imo.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even if we were to ignore all the crap that comes out of her mouth, Gina Carano is an absolutely shite actor.

Yeah, good lord at trying to make Carano support that storyline lol.

She can barely play her role on Mando that has barely any dialogue. You want to make people hate Abby even more, put it in the hands of someone that can barely emote.

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Damn they've cast this well.

I think the casting of Ellie will surprise people as that young actress is so versatile.