• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EXCLUSIVE: Disney+ Star Wars series Obi-Wan Kenobi is adding PEN15 star and co-creator Maya Erskine, we can reveal.

The Insecure and Scoob! actress will have a supporting role in at least three episodes, we hear. Erskine has been nominated for multiple WGA Awards and a 2019 Emmy for Hulu Original comedy PEN15, which she fronts with Anna Konkle.

Previously announced for Obi-Wan Kenobi are Ewan McGregor (as Obi-Wan), Hayden Christen (as Darth Vader), Joel Edgerton, Bonnie Piesse, Moses Ingram, Kumail Nanjiani, Indira Varma (as we first revealed), Rupert Friend, O'Shea Jackson Jr., Sung Kang, Simone Kessell and Benny Safdie.
Plot details are being kept under wraps on the series, which takes place 10 years after Revenge Of The Sith and nine years before A New Hope, in an era after the Jedi Order has been all but wiped out. Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy has teased the "rematch of the century", presumably between Obi-Wan and his pupil-turned-enemy Vader.

More at:
deadline.com

‘Obi-Wan Kenobi’: Disney+ Star Wars Series Adds ‘PEN15’ Star Maya Erskine

Insecure and PEN15 actress Erskine is joining the cast of the Star Wars spinoff series, which is now in production.

Throw me in a volcano if old

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i know i make ironic posts a lot and that because of the name of the show that post can be taken as an attempt at comedy but i just want to be 100% clear when i say that pen15 is a much better show than any star wars show will ever be.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Calling it now... she plays an Inquisitorius.

Hmm. She'd have to be a new one, I guess. (Timeline-wise, she couldn't be Second Sister or the yet numberless red Twilek lady from the comics, and Seventh Sister would probably be Sarah Michelle Gellar in live action if she ever were to appear). We could finally get a Third maybe?