• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
I always got Penny Marshal and Allison Janey mixed up for the longest time. I'm not sure why that was so hard for my brain.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
Big was a great film. She'll be missed. The intro to Laverne & Shirley is now rattling around in my head.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Penny and Garry are both gone now. That's so surreal.

I might not have been a huge fan of a lot of her work, but her impact on television and film was substantial. RIP.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
A League of Their Own is one of my favorite movies of all time, she was such a talented director, RIP.

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
Such sad news. Like many others, A League Of Their Own is also one of my favorite films of all time as well.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
RIP Penny. She had a big effect on movies for multiple decades, along with her brother.

Setzer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PNW
RIP =(

Watched Laverne & Shirley as a kid and League Of Their Own is one of my all-time favorite movies.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
She unfortunately had been in rough shape for years with various health problems and losing her brother and Carrie Fisher made everything worse, felt like it was only a matter of time, RIP. I don't remember a lot of Laverne and Shirley outside the theme song but I've seen just about every movie she's directed, Big and A League of their Own are classics and I've kind of been meaning to watch Jumpin' Jack Flash again for the first time in like a million years.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Man this news gutted me today. She was a fantastic director.

borghe

Oct 27, 2017
Big was so groundbreaking.. beyond being just a great movie. Can't remember a reverse on the "young again" theme prior to it.

So many fondly remembered (if not classic) films in her filmography. and that doesn't even touch on what Laverne and Shirley did on television.

Nor how insanely talented that family was.

taro

Oct 25, 2017
My mom is currently visiting the States after retiring and this past weekend I reminded her of the time she took me and my lil sis (11 and 7) to watch Big at the theater. I didn't know what Big was but knew she was excited for it as she rarely went out to watch a movie, opting to wait for a rental or HBO. I left that movie so happy as it was superb and I tell her often how much I appreciate her taking us out. I'll be texting her tonight to reminisce more about Big.

I also love A League of Their Own and watched Laverne and Shirley regularly as a kid. And of course as a Lakers fan, I will miss her presence at games. More than anything, I will miss the joy her and Garry brought to the world.

RIP