• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
On reddit I saw that it was supposedly just 60fps in a 120hz container, but its seems like its actually 120fps lol.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
These animations are gonna sing at 120fps, might double dip

ead860ada241a4f0d7bc5f749b9fec18ac85a5c9.gif

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
120hz is such a lovely experience, even on narrative games. Heck, I'll even turn down settings on a turn based RPG to get closer to the magical 360fps on PC.

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
I'm sure the Series version will get a 120hz update as well.

This is the better fillarate on PS5. It is important for 2d game.

You might not think you'll run into graphics performance problems when making a 2D game. But if you have lots of overlapping sprites you may eat up your GPUs fill rate and not be able to hit 60fps, especially on low-end hardware. Unity has a tool to help with this, but it's hidden in plain sight.

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Nov 19, 2019
too bad the FOV settings make this game impossible for competitive play šŸ’©

Beelzebufo

Jun 1, 2022
Canada
I mean if the PS5 can handle it, which it can, why not? The game will feel and look significantly smoother.

I'm sure most posts in this thread are just light fun but I do always find it funny when people see no value in higher frame rates unless it benefits you skill-wise. Like, no matter what you're actually doing in a game, higher frame rates will always look and feel better. Moving your character will feel better, menus will feel better, camera pans will look smoother. If you can, you might as well.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure most posts in this thread are just light fun but I do always find it funny when people see no value in higher frame rates unless it benefits you skill-wise. Like, no matter what you're actually doing in a game, higher frame rates will always look and feel better. Moving your character will feel better, menus will feel better, camera pans will look smoother. If you can, you might as well.

It is obviously light fun, but that's mostly because Pentiment's moment to moment gameplay largely looks like this

Pentiment_GIFs_Scene-004a_10fps.gif

The idea of 120fps and DualSense features are kinda funny to highlight you've gotta be honest.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, Pentiment is full of wide scrolling areas with beautiful artwork and seeing it glide by is joyous - especially if you are running around a lot wondering who to speak to.

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
Yeah I don't really get it either. Having more framerate and resolution options is good for consoles.

Fudus

ā–² Legend ā–²
Sep 18, 2020
Should have added an option for Andreas to write in the PS3/Spiderman font... what a missed opportunity.

Zerpette

Jun 23, 2023
It is obviously light fun, but that's mostly because Pentiment's moment to moment gameplay largely looks like this

Pentiment_GIFs_Scene-004a_10fps.gif

The idea of 120fps and DualSense features are kinda funny to highlight you've gotta be honest.
It's all about the haptics letting you really feel the scratching of quill on parchment as the dialog appears.

DemonFox

Oct 29, 2017
And on the other side we have ubisoft with 720p on skull and bones smh. Other Devs should take a note

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
yeah its 120, and it actually feels pretty nice while you walk around and whole bg is scrolling.(similar to 120fps 2d platformers) and also at the gameplay to manuscript transitions
during manuscript screens it drops to 100ish though.

Last edited:

senj

Nov 6, 2017
This is era. Got to have people dismiss everything
It's literally just jokes about the moment to moment gameplay being you watch someone write or slowly printing press their dialog. And the hand drawn animations being only a few frames per second anyways.

It's all in good fun, game is great.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
Not complaining, but as someone who finished it twice on Series X, this feels like a moot addition to this kind of game. Like adding sugar to a jar of honey.