• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Post?

• About the same

Votes: 764 51.4%
  • Way more active

Votes: 229 15.4%
  • Much less active

Votes: 492 33.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tadaima

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
I barely posted at the other place because I was convinced literally anything could be me banned, and as a result have already received 2 warnings here within the past year.

Aside from my suicide during the apocalypse, the only time I got warned/temp banned at the other place was when I said PlayStation All-Stars looked like a "poor man's Smash Bros."
Warned for making a factual statement?

tadaima

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Was never a member of GAF, my "old place" was VGChartz. I'd say I'm less active here than I was there during my peak, but I did not leave that place on amicable terms and thinking about how things went down there can still be a little painful, so maybe it's good I am not so dedicated here.

Ah, Vgchartz. I remember getting actually frustrated by ioi's posts in the Media Create Threads. IIRC he got permabanned from GAF eventually for constantly using his made-up numbers to back up arguments.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ah, Vgchartz. I remember getting actually frustrated by ioi's posts in the Media Create Threads. IIRC he got permabanned from GAF eventually for constantly using his made-up numbers to back up arguments.
Interestingly enough he has essentially abandoned his own site, and now it's just being kept alive by the users.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This reminds me of the time a couple of weeks ago i went to check the old place, and it was simply Yikes.

I think i'm more active here, but less in gaming.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
More. Never participated in community threads until moving here. Felt like starting fresh. Glad to shed that old filth.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
About the same, but I've never been someone who posts several times a day, every day.

May 21, 2019
I use to lurk gaf forever, then that place went down the tubes. So I lurked era forever, now I am finally able to post.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm definitely less active. I haven't figured this place out yet. It's a little ban happy for me to get too comfortable.

Semblance

Oct 26, 2017
California
I was never a super active poster on NeoGAF, but I did post at least once a day. I barely post here.

The communities I frequented have slowed significantly + been absorbed by Discord, so the people I enjoyed interacting with the most are largely gone. I'm content with using Era more as a news site than a place to communicate with others.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Never posted on GAF. I used my account for keeping track of threads. One of the reasons I never posted was because I'd read old threads and notice that the majority of members were banned so it gave the impression that getting banned was inevitable lol. Another reason was because I was already active on GameFAQs and at the time you could still have quality discussions over there. Nowadays it's just a competition to see who can be the biggest asshole.

Once I got an account here I decided I might as well be active.

Oct 25, 2017
I assumed about the same, but out of curiosity I went and checked.

In around 5.5 years I posted 6658 times there. That's around 1210 per year. 23 posts a week.
In 2 years here I posted 5082 times. That's 2541 per year. 49 posts a week.

So the amount that I post has actually doubled.
It's probably due to the new job I took a couple years ago actually. I'm able to be on more frequently in general.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
Less active, I don't really have it in me to argue with people on the internet anymore.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. I voted "about the same" but the more i think about it, it might be slight more, because i try to post outside of the community threads nowadays.

Like here. LOL.
More. Never participated in community threads until moving here. Felt like starting fresh. Glad to shed that old filth.
I liked the idea of a forum starting fresh feeling, and in general felt very hopeful for this place when it was starting. So i did my best to try to give ideas and things in the Discord when it was being asked of people.

But then things for me turned out very different on here. Now my reputation with staff (and in general) on here is mud.

Never once got banned or even warned on Neo-Nazi GAF. But in the same amount of time, i have been banned, warned and threatened with perms multiple times on here. Funny how things turn out in the end. *sigh*😞

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
i would say i'm less active on here, i think most of the people that were in the OT communities i was in either migrated to the other forums set up around the same time, decided to ditch forums and move to discord, or just gave up all together

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Much less than my prime years at gaf, but much more than my last few years there.

I used to make lonnnnng argumentative posts, I cannot even imagine doing that now

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
When I first was able to post on the old place, I was at work during the day and didn't have many responsibilities, so most of my days were trying to come up with witty first posts before Dr Eggman. Now I just kind of come in spurts; I'll not post for awhile but I am always lurking.

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
About the same - but I post in more varied threads now, whereas I mostly stuck with community threads back then.

edit: I just did the math. I had 2,413 posts in 2 years back then, and have 873 in 2 years here. Guess I'm less active here than I thought... then again my life has gotten a lot more hectic since 2017, so it makes sense.

Last edited:

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Y'all can say the name NeoGAF lol. But I actually do post here more often, can't say why that is exactly.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
Less active. I feel that - understandably - people are way less likely to give anyone the benefit of the doubt here, so honestly if a controversial topic comes up I'll write up a post, be afraid it can be misconstrued and fire up some anxiety in me and I end up going "Ehhh not worth it." Or I refrain from saying something from personal experience that would take like one or two lines to say because without a qualifier like "I'm an immigrant, this is my personal experience but I'm not suggesting it's the same for everyone..." people can assume something is meant a different way. Or sometimes I'm afraid of posting about something I don't know and people assuming it's a "just asking questions" bit so I end up going to do research and by the time I'm done I just don't feel inclined to take part in the discussion anymore lol

Which like, is understandable. The times being what they are I understand why people are more likely to assume bad intentions if there's room for misinterpretation and not leaving room for that takes more effort than I'm usually willing to put in.

I post in the gaming bits and/or the more lighthearted threads around still but I stay the hell away from anything involving political discourse and/or Star Wars lol

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More or less the same I think. Maybe a bit less here. It's ridiculous what GAF has become. It's an alt-right, full on racist shithole.

killertofu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Probably the same but I lurked hard on GAF. Maybe now that I'm older and the current political climate but idk I feel like GAF was more fun than here. When that whole mess happened I kind of had a panic attack because of how much time I had spent on the site. I learned so many new things. But I guess that's just growing up.

Are we legit not allowed to say neogaf here or are y'all just scared that evilore will find you?

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
It's a Voldemort situation.

I was just as active on GAF but the quality of my posts was way lower. I actually got juniored once for making too many dumb threads. Ever since then I try to put a lot of thought into my posts.
SelfreliantCrispIberianmole-size_restricted.gif

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
I liked the idea of a forum starting fresh feeling, and in general felt very hopeful for this place when it was starting. So i did my best to try to give ideas and things in the Discord when it was being asked of people.

But then things for me turned out very different on here. Now my reputation with staff (and in general) on here is mud.

Never once got banned or even warned on Neo-Nazi GAF. But in the same amount of time, i have been banned, warned and threatened with perms multiple times on here. Funny how things turn out in the end. *sigh*😞
For what it's worth, you're one of my favorite posters on this site. Don't let em get to you.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
This reminds me of the time a couple of weeks ago i went to check the old place, and it was simply Yikes.

I think i'm more active here, but less in gaming.
Yeah I went to take a peek last week. I actually saw that Manabyte went back to Gaf. Not only that but he has gone full Trump Supporter over there. Pathetic.

Oct 29, 2017
I was too scared to post on GAF my first couple of years there. I think I've on average been a bit more active here, but I'm more of a lurker.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
The level of discourse here on gaming side is significantly worse because the moderation is too lenient, and shit threads are allowed to persist, so I've posted less.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
Marginally less active, I would say.

Once I stopped making the "Comics! | OT"s at nGAF my posting frequency there was already decreasing substantially; here, I post even less. Doing the math I'm averaging 1.42 posts per day on Era.

Mest08

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Definitely more here. Of course, I was permabanned there for saying stupid shit so only lurked gaming side the past few years before this place popped up. I don't post much here, but I'm glad I can when needed. Usually just lurk gaming side and sports threads here.

Status
Not open for further replies.