• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Eh. I read an article about how exclamation points are overused in business email, but you kind of have to adapt.

For example, if you say:

Good morning.

Instead of:

Good morning!

Before checking in on something, it implies a more serious tone instead of friendly conversation. I don't agree with it, but it is what it is at this point.

SmackDaddy

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Los Angeles
As a freelancer who emails companies for work, I try to mirror the excitement of clients so they think I'm amped to work for them. It feels nice and I get hired a lot, so I'll continue I guess D:

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is so stupid. Exclamation marks exist for a reason man!

Orin_linwe

Nov 26, 2017
Malmoe, Sweden.
Lol, that must be alarming, but also kind of amusing.

Not necessarily.I frequently ignore his messages because they are so hyperbolic and needlessly alarmist, but I know that one of these days, it's going to be about something very important - like my mom being dead - and I worry that I won't take that message seriously because he's so flamboyant in his texting.

Though, if that were to happen, I also suspect that he would be uncharacteristically short in tone, and that would be cause for genuine concern.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Not necessarily.I frequently ignore his messages because they are so hyperbolic and needlessly alarmist, but I know that one of these days, it's going to be about something very important - like my mom being dead - and I worry that I won't take that message seriously because he's so flamboyant in his texting.

Though, if that were to happen, I also suspect that he would be uncharacteristically short in tone, and that would be cause for genuine concern.
I guess I can see that. You wouldn't want a Boy Who Cried Wolf scenario that turned out to be truly serious.