• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018

James Stevenson, the Insomniac community director, just tweeted about the new update. Just like Miles Morales, Spider-Man Remastered now has a performance mode with raytracing targeting Dynamic 4K at 60 fps! Loving this community support.

Chuck795

May 7, 2020
Man Insomniac has to have some of the best talent in the game working at their studios.

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
I have but one response:

tenor.gif

swnny

Oct 27, 2017
Great, gonna download it now and continue working thowards the plat. Just finished the main story when the patch hit Miles Morales, and I though I'd wait a few days. It was faster than expected too!

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Sure would be nice if I could utilize it without crashing my PS5. The performance RT mode in Miles Morales hard crashes my console after 5 or so minutes, and I imagine it'll probably be the same here. I'll have to stick to the regular performance mode, I guess.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently playing it on fidelity mode. How's this new mode on miles morales?

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
No interest in Miles? But yeah, I suppose the option would be nice.
Rented and Platinumed Trophy Miles. I knew it was a game I'd Plat and never return to, so it felt like a good early rental idea. Maybe I'll get Miles again down the line but still would like the option to play this enhanced version of Spider-Man without the Miles Morales game requirement.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Hey that was fast. I haven't played miles yet so I've been waiting for this before I returned to remastered. I was hoping it wouldn't take more than a couple weeks. Ha.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
I hope more games add these type of modes where you can get 60fps, RT, with dynamic 4k, because that means when a more powerful machine comes out it'll be locked 4k with all the bells and whistles.

Kingpin722

Oct 28, 2017
Insomniac post Sony purchase is like a woman that's been waiting years for their boyfriend to propose.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
How does remastered work? Can I buy a physical copy or is it only included with Miles Morales?

OP
OP
Slash

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Yeah it never hits a native 4K.

Native/base is dynamic but in that range with temporal injection to achieve 4K. Very similar to how we achieved 4K on PS4 Pro

The upscaling looks really good to me- never really looked "off" on my 4K TV, even compared to "native" games. Hope this technique is used in more games because it looks amazing with the combination of raytracing and 60 fps at the same time

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Tried it anyway and got a hard crash 2 minutes in and had to unplug the PS5 to get it to power off. Yay.

Guess it's regular ass performance mode for me, then.

How does remastered work? Can I buy a physical copy or is it only included with Miles Morales?
Only with Miles Morales. You have an option to purchase it from the main menu in MM.

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
I started Miles in fidelity mode but after trying performance RT theres no going back, it's perfect.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Yeah this mode is spectacular in MM, runs typically at 1440p i guess and looks fantastic on my 4k screen. Really the best balanced version.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Does it fix the crashes?

Yeah this mode is spectacular in MM, runs typically at 1440p i guess and looks fantastic on my 4k screen. Really the best balanced version.

Unfortunately not enough pedestrians on the streets compared to fidelity and normal performance mode.

but i have the feeling there are in general more pedestrians in MM than in the remastered SM so for remastered SM it could be a great alternative.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
Love that this was added as it has been great in Miles Morales, no crashes or issues for me.

Oct 28, 2017
Damn..better late than never I guess. I'm literally 97% complete and about to start the last boss. I'll make use of it on the DLC that was included.