• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017

Stolen from Reddit. Maybe Switch is still a possibility?

It's so stupid they're making people wait this long to find out if they are actually coming out for Switch.

I'd be freaking pissed if I had to wait potentially weeks to find out just because Nintendo wanted a hype announcement at a Direct.

Sinah

Jun 2, 2022
It's so stupid they're making people wait this long to find out if they are actually coming out for Switch.

I'd be freaking pissed if I had to wait potentially weeks to find out just because Nintendo wanted a hype announcement at a Direct.

Looks fake to me, dunno why some small game shop from Swiss would even have this information.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
If a Switch version exists in any way, I'd expect Nintendo to announce it during their next update.

Nov 19, 2019
Ok I'm an idiot: what does "Persona 5 Royal is coming to PS5" even mean in this context? Is there going to be an next-gen enhanced version?

Sorry if this was already answered.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Ok I'm an idiot: what does "Persona 5 Royal is coming to PS5" even mean in this context? Is there going to be an next-gen enhanced version?

Sorry if this was already answered.
Yes, along with a Series X version. Likely 60fps being one upgrade. Someone did a comparison online a few days ago with the footage we got and in one of the street areas the lighting appeared to have been notably upgraded.

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, along with a Series X version. Likely 60fps being one upgrade. Someone did a comparison online a few days ago with the footage we got and in one of the street areas the lighting appeared to have been notably upgraded.
Looked plenty good before...not sure I can justify a third purchase of it...and a third run-through...

Secret Bambino

▲ Legend ▲
Mar 21, 2021
Have they ever offered free upgrades on anything?

They will offer an upgrade to SH2, according to the game's cover:

81Z8VduCBpL._SL1500_.jpg

But I'm willing to bet that they won't give us any kind of upgrade path for P5R.