• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
persona-3-reload-review_feature.jpg

Might actually be able to cross 50K+ this weekend. Easily cemented itself as the largest Atlus launch.
Much like Like A Dragon: IW, it's nice to see the Multiplatform approach paying off for Sega.

Top 5 Atlus Launches
Persona 3 Reload - 42,112
Persona 5 Royal - 35,474
Persona 4 Golden - 29,984
Persona 5 Strikers - 8,730
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax - 7,099

Catchphrase

Nov 28, 2023
Very nice. Hopefully that means Persona 6 comes out on PC the same time as the console versions.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
persona fans are so hardcore they beat ccu 5 hours after launch because they stayed up all night lol

Lightjolly

Oct 30, 2019
Jrpgs are feasting for these next two months.

I'm honestly thinking 2024 can match 2023 in quality output

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
SEGA has ascended and finally reached Valhalla. Welcome to the multiplatform goodness, king.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
this no longer surprises me

Last edited:

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
10 years ago if you told anyone Atlus would be a bigger multiplatform developer than Square Enix, you'd be a laughing stock.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Love to see it.

Wonder what SMTV would be if they released it on Steam. Probably not even top 5.

AnimeAvatar

Apr 28, 2021
If Persona 6 is multiplatform day 1 (It will), and is the same level of quality was Persona 3/4/5, or even better, that game will be absolutely massive. I can see why Sega is so confident that it'll sell 5 million within the first year, even if I still think that number is a tad unrealistic, but I could be wrong!

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
We'll now begin our campaign to conquest Square Enix and turn them into a multiplatform publisher.
We'll march at dawn.

AnimeAvatar

Apr 28, 2021
Well, yeah but this is Atlus we're talking about
We gotta let that shit go. I know Atlus still does some weird Atlus things but in this case Sega has said for years their plan to increase the brands of both Like a Dragon and Persona is multiplatform and simultaneous worldwide releases, which they've done. Persona 6 is not gonna be Playstation exclusive.

Sega is having a YEAR
And they haven't even released RPG of the year, Metaphor: Refantazio, yet!

Oct 25, 2017
This is genuinely fun to watch cuz everybody expanding their brand except square Enix 😭

Like who would've thought persona and yakuza would be killing more on pc than a darn final fantasy. A decade ago it wasn't even clear if we'd get a yakuza over here 😭

Sambo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Not surprised by this, whenever a multi plat game comes out and is available day one on PC, thats the version I would get.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine it'll jump up a bit more yet, it'll cross Yakuza 8s total sometime over the weekend, probably coming in around 60-70K maybe... (just a guess lol).

Hopefully this shows Atlus & Sega to not do any silly exclusivity stuff for P6 (looking at you Sony...) as the worldwide launch across multiple platforms is doing its thing. I sure know between 5 and now 3's remake Ive become more interested in the series, and it helps that Im not left waiting years to play them in English anymore.

Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic to see. Maybe by the time FF7R-3 comes out Square Enix will have finally noticed the money they're leaving on the table.

Saiyaman

Dec 19, 2017
square gonna release dragon quest 12 day 1 on steam and it's gonna peak at 1,000,000 players.

Lexxism

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
We gotta let that shit go. I know Atlus still does some weird Atlus things but in this case Sega has said for years their plan to increase the brands of both Like a Dragon and Persona is multiplatform and simultaneous worldwide releases, which they've done. Persona 6 is not gonna be Playstation exclusive.
I'm totally aware of that but I'll believe once I see it.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
square gonna release dragon quest 12 day 1 on steam and it's gonna peak at 1,000,000 players.
Its a shame that SE has mishandled DQ worldwide so bad... it should be way bigger than it is - I think at this point if a turn based Yakuza can sell 1 mil in a week, and people love Persona, then its not turn based gameplay that's putting people off. I really wish they'd get on board with the multi plat/worldwide launches... even FF should be bigger on PC than it currently is. When Sega's got a better business strategy than you, you gotta start asking questions!

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
persona fans are so hardcore they beat ccu 5 hours after launch because they stayed up all night lol

I was so tempted to start it up last night after midnight; but I instead was a responsible adult and went to bed.

Still super glad to see these numbers! I wasn't expecting Reloaded to beat the CCU numbers because this is a remake rather than a new entry.

Edit :
I'd imagine a lot of people are getting it for Steam Deck

For sure this has to have played a part. Persona is best played portably.

Last edited:

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
For SP games, first peak is key and we'll generally get the idea where will it end up at after all is said and done.

Yes, it will continue to increase slowly, but it will not snowball like some viral MP games.
Game just released early morning in Europe and almost in the middle of the night in the US. The launch day peak is still some hours away as most of the western world hasn't been able to play this yet due to worktime.