Have you ever played a Persona 3 game before?

• Yes! I have played a different version of Persona 3 in the past!

Votes: 900 68.6%
  • No! Persona 3 Reload will be my first time experiencing Persona 3!

Votes: 411 31.4%

• Total voters

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
everyone is broken with theurgies and characteristics
the game wasnt balanced for them AT ALL

CosmiKu

Jul 9, 2023
I had a close shave with charm just now.

Akihiko has gloves that have a chance of Charming enemies. Well… I did a physical attack on an enemy that reflected his attack, Charmed him, and then he went around punching the whole party, charming them.

I didn't have any more items to remove it and my main character was the only one with personas that could undo it, and he was the first to go.

Luckily I managed to wipe the enemy out with one character left, but that was close…

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
Man, I wasn't really familiar with the persona series before playing 5 Royal (which I loved). And... are all the games in the series so similar? Because with 3 reload it feels like I'm playing literally the same goddamn game as 5 Royal. It's literally P5 reskinned. Not a big fan of this tbh. Same combat system, same structure, social links ecc... there's even the same burger eating thing that raise your courage lol.

I've kinda lost interest in playing it.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I wasn't really familiar with the persona series before playing 5 Royal (which I loved). And... are all the games in the series so similar? Because with 3 reload it feels like I'm playing literally the same goddamn game as 5 Royal. It's literally P5 reskinned. Not a big fan of this tbh. Same combat system, same structure, social links ecc... there's even the same burger eating thing that raise your courage lol.

Persona 3, Persona 4, and Persona 5 all work under a similar framework, due to the original versions of each game sharing similar developers. Specifically, directors, producers, writers, and such. So it's actually the other way around - Persona 5 is a reskinned Persona 3. :P

That being said, Persona 3 is a very slow burn, but IMO worth it for the build up to the end. One of the few games you'll hear a lot of people universally say that about. Up to you to decide if it's worth playing through that slow burn or not. I dunno how far you're in, but Reload in particular really picks up after a few points. The first of which being after Fuuka joins the team.

Persona 1 and both halves of the Persona 2 duology are vastly different, playing more like traditional RPGs for their era. They were made way before the current trilogy with a different team, and it shows. They did establish a lot of the foundations lore wise that would be used by the modern games tho.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017

you're playing the remake made after p5 success and trying to pull people who first dipped in it. of course its similarish to that one. go play base persona 3 and then 5 and you'll see how different they can be. the "skeleton" of the game (calendar system, turn press combat, social links etcetera) is similar (but always improved on) yes but this is hardly something only this series of jrpgs is doing. its fine if you never liked them from the start, but a lot of people do and find it "comfort food" in the same vein people find the same tropes and monsters in dragon quest for example comforting

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Bebe uses random Japanese words when he speaks in English, does he use English words in Japanese?

Whisu

May 19, 2021

P6 will have to change things a bit huh

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta give credit where credit is due. Tartarus got a complete visual overhaul. It's such an upgrade over the original.
Now that I've heard Akihiko's voice more I have to agree, dude sounds twice his age.

Risitas

May 13, 2022
I've been playing for several hours a day since BEFORE its release, and every time I come here, y'all are much further into the game than me lol

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
Gotta give credit where credit is due. Tartarus got a complete visual overhaul. It's such an upgrade over the original.

for better and for worse

i hate the third block, the machine one. its so hard to quickly spot exits, the partitions and stairs in the middle of everything makes a pain to maneuver to hit shadows too

I've been playing for several hours a day since BEFORE its release, and every time I come here, y'all are much further into the game than I am.

all these dumdums advancing the story while i walk around tartarus getting all skills and hearts so i can perfectly register my personas for perfect fusions later

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else finding it hard to get Shuffle Time on Merciless? My all-out-attack leave enemies with just a slither of life a lot of the time so I have to soften them a bit before going for the kill.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a guide I can follow for "getting and maxing out all social links" trophy?
Keep in mind that the guide isn't the most optimised so don't worry if you miss things here and there.

Also, Sun and Devil SLs rank up automatically regardless so don't summoning carrying their arcanas for those extra SL points.

Anyone else finding it hard to get Shuffle Time on Merciless? My all-out-attack leave enemies with just a slither of life a lot of the time so I have to soften them a bit before going for the kill.

Yeah, I barely get them on Merciless. It's really hard to get Shuffle Time.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Do you ever think about how much random junk the MC is carrying around after maxing out all these SLinks? Tons of keys, tape, letters, a dog collar, etc...
LOL

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
Third Tartarus section done.

I still find Theurgy attacks to be too strong, but I did find them very useful against enemies with no weakness. Otherwise, I would have been chipping away at their health praying for a random critical hit. They are also a good way to force Shuffle Time. Especially Akihiko's since it's a multi enemy attack.

Kind of weird that there was no final floor boss for this section.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
Third Tartarus section done.

I still find Theurgy attacks to be too strong, but I did find them very useful against enemies with no weakness. Otherwise, I would have been chipping away at their health praying for a random critical hit. They are also a good way to force Shuffle Time. Especially Akihiko's since it's a multi enemy attack.

Kind of weird that there was no final floor boss for this section.

you're supposed to be using status effects on no weakness monsters, which also helps to get critical hits. or almighty attacks which start appearing by that time
also there was a boss iirc? maybe im mixing it up with the monad passage thingy though

Saturday

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Koromaru not-Social Link ending / P3 ending spoiler:

The love interest losing their partner in MC must hurt. Koromaru losing his new owner? DEVASTATING. THE PAIN. I WILL NEVER RECOVER.

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
Had no idea all the social links were fully voiced apart from one for obvious reasons.
It really adds to the game for me, this remake had surpassed my expectations.

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
you're supposed to be using status effects on no weakness monsters, which also helps to get critical hits. or almighty attacks which start appearing by that time
also there was a boss iirc? maybe im mixing it up with the monad passage thingy though

Yeah, status ailments are a good option. They can be unreliable. Only Almighty attack I have so far is the MC's fusion spell and that thing sucks..

By bad, I meant there was no final floor boss. In the last section.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, status ailments are a good option. They can be unreliable. Only Almighty attack I have so far is the MC's fusion spell and that thing sucks..

By bad, I meant there was no final floor boss. In the last section.

best way of dealing status effects is just keeping weaponry that have status effects on it, in my experience. i dont waste much skill slots putting them on my personas outside boosts. theres also a characteristic for mitsuru which increases chance of afflicting status and another for increasing critical chance on them and it pretty much triggers 9 out of 10 times to me

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Finished.

Man tears.

Best-Cry-Ever.gif

Keiriks

Omicron Persei 8 Logic
Aug 19, 2021
Reykjavík, Iceland
I know it's not optimal and only prolongs my suffering but I'm always picking the asshole answers in Kenji's SL. I need him to know that I do not support him, I do not like him, and none of his dreams will come true.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
I know it's not optimal and only prolongs my suffering but I'm always picking the asshole answers in Kenji's SL. I need him to know that I do not support him, I do not like him, and none of his dreams will come true.
i'll probably not max most of my social links but for once im freeing myself from the shackles of minmaxing and picking what i actually want to say and not what people want to hear. so fuck you kenji and gourmet king and hidetoshi and tanaka and drunk monk guy