• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spoincer

Jul 7, 2023
Hooray! Good to know, I saw the first couple of tracks uploaded and have been checking to see when the others would be added

297FE89BC376BD5D124F45E5862E61640AA9250A

Desma

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Just don't it too loud, else you'll be DISTURBING THE PEEEEEAAACCEEEEE

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Nice, it's a good soundtrack. Some songs are better than the originals, some songs are worse than the originals, some songs are just as good. Can't ask for more than that when remaking one of the most striking and game defining soundtracks of the 2000s.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
BABY BABY BABY

I still think 5 Royal has the best soundtrack in the series, but 3 Reload is definitely up there. Tons of good stuff there.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
PSA: The OST has bonus tracks not found in the game, such as the original Burn My Dread & the Reincarnation version of Deep Breath Deep Breath.

Whisu

May 19, 2021
Nice, it's a good soundtrack. Some songs are better than the originals, some songs are worse than the originals, some songs are just as good. Can't ask for more than that when remaking one of the most striking and game defining soundtracks of the 2000s.

Yep, agreed, the new songs are amazing.

Now waiting for Episode Aigis soundtrack.

Curious for the new versions of these songs:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qae4OZZKsR4&list=PL56A5E1518D100821&index=17

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNgFR_ttx2s&list=PL56A5E1518D100821&index=18

OP
OP
nsilvias

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
i think the audio mix is what really brings down the reload soundtrack. theres some questionable choices in there. in game you dont really notice how off the mood of the song is but on headphones oof

i kinda felt this way about smt v too tbh. who ever does the final pass for atlus music recently just aint making it happen imo.

Bacalao

Oct 27, 2017
Another wander in the night
Let me paint the view
Colour a town with my light
For every moment shared with you
Not out in the day
But never fully gone
Going to be back again
Until the coming of a daaaawwwn

23dd74152bea31f7ac359127e678b5bf.gif

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I haven't played this yet, but did play Persona 3 FES. One of my favorite OSTs.

Reload has some very creative arrangements, but the original is just so good.

What did folks think in comparison to the PS2 game?

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom

As someone that never played any version of 3 prior to Reload, but still rinsed the original 3's OST a LOT....

Reload's OST is pretty good. I think sometimes the tracks (and other elements of 3) are polished to a sheen a little too cleanly, or the wrong elements are focused on.

Take Unavoidable Battle for instance:

View: https://open.spotify.com/track/51WIV2emXlK4anKcICpMPj?si=270aebfc56bb4b92

The original has these ear-blitzing snares and the guitar is a lot grungier, and more impactful. It rules, and it's so fitting for what was my imagined vibe of P3 at the time.

View: https://open.spotify.com/track/185v6Wqs3PFaER7qVpB2vc?si=58994b86b65b4565

Reload's version is a bit too tame for me. They chose to amplify the bass, tone down the drums, and significantly mute the guitar so it feels a lot cleaner and more restrained. Structurally these songs are identical but the Reload version just doesn't have the same power behind it.

Reload's OST is generally a lot cleaner in terms of mixing, I LOVE the new tracks, and was still really liking the soundtrack in general for my Reload playthrough. I just think the original 3 hit significantly harder in terms of aesthetics and presentation though. I wish the team had realised it would be okay to NOT have everything quite this well-mastered and realised that sometimes the rawness of a track is it's best feature.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Atom

Jul 25, 2021

I think it's on net a downgrade for most tracks. Lots of the mixing is kinda baffling and many tracks just have their recognizable elements completely excised while others have smaller aspects put to the forefront to the point of being unpleasant. Battle For Everyone's souls suppresses the vocal, changing seasons lacks the fake french, mass destruction takes the fuckin frog sound and puts it front and center, etc.

The new original compositions are mostly solid to great though, but the game should have absolutely had a soundtrack toggle.

The overall vibe is also kinda unrecognizable. OG felt very grungy and most Reload tracks lose that, with some of the new tracks and even remixes feeling like they're from an entirely different, much cleaner game. It fits with the game itself being a much cleaner version of the OG I guess with more conventionally modern persona aesthetics.