Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the hostess club itself wasn't the main complaint, the main complaint was the "if it's between girls, it's okay" trope. It's the one in anime where is okay for women to touch or comment on each other inappropriately mainly as a form of titillation to the audience.

In this specific example it's played as okay that this woman (Rina) is okay to stare at other women as they undress for her own gratification because she's a woman and they are women and this it's okay. She also says "you'd understand if you were gay, you'd be able to leer at naked men all you want."
I was referring more to the fact that you mentioned how being in a hostess club is problematic in of itself.

Tbh, I don't remember the details about that particular side story (there are a lot of Yakuza games haha), but you might get more on that since like you said, the side story is still going so they might address that down the line (personally I doubt it tbh, since those types of conversations are more isolated compared to the actual side story that you'll get later on for each hostess).

P-Tux7

Mar 11, 2019
So for all the people who say that this content won't be a deal-breaker in buying the game, how do you plan to let Atlus know that you didn't like that?

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
So for all the people who say that this content won't be a deal-breaker in buying the game, how do you plan to let Atlus know that you didn't like that?

I've tweeted them about it. Not really sure what a people on a forum can do beyond that.

Anyway, Atlus is going to announce the release date soon (7 days apparently). Maybe they'll address it along with that?

Last edited: